Your Food Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much to like about this method, but the Dijon in the egg is brilliant. I am adopting this. Nice work.

I wish I could take credit, I think the original recipe was in Bon Appetit. I've replaced the dijon with Frank's hot sauce to make a Buffalo chicken schnitzel. It was good, but not as good as the original.

tumblr_nl2fb1nX9x1smvfgqo1_400.jpg

Cayenne pepper sauce.

Made a midnight snack: Spinach, jicama, sweet pepper, cilantro, radish, chiles broccoli, avocado, blood orange, Parmesan. Made a vinaigrette with the juice of one lemon,some honey, a little mustard and some olive oil.

The cat is annoyed with me. I have been on a healthy kick and have not pulled a steak out of the freezer in a while. He doesn't know what is on my plate, he just thinks I am being selfish. Lets see how he likes broccoli.

attachment.php

-He licked the Parmesan cheese off it, then looked up at me like, "WTF, Dude?"

Attachments

• Snack.jpg
    Snack.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
attachment.php

Shrimp cakes over wild & brown rice with sautéed zuchinni & onion, and salad with mustard vinaigrette.

Last edited:

1 lb peeled, deveined shrimp - chopped small
1/3 cup mayo
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs (plus a bit more if needed after chilling)
1 egg, scrambled (an edit: I meant beaten. No cooking of the egg before adding)
Minced greens of about 3 scallions
1 tablespoon horseradish
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all the ingredients and then chill in the fridge at least 30 minutes to firm and then form into 8 cakes. Add a bit more bread crumb if needed.

Cook 4 cakes at a time for 3 minutes per side. Shallow fry.

Last edited:
1 lb peeled, deveined shrimp - chopped small
1/3 cup mayo
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs (plus a bit more if needed after chilling)
1 egg, scrambled
Minced greens of about 3 scallions
1 tablespoon horseradish
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all the ingredients and then chill in the fridge at least 30 minutes to firm and then form into 8 cakes. Add a bit more bread crumb if needed.

Cook 4 cakes at a time for 3 minutes per side. Shallow fry.
That sounds really good. I am not that much of a fan of crab, I had not considered using shrimp. Next time I get to where there are good fresh shrimp I shall try this.

The shrimp cakes sound yummy, thanks for posting your recipe. I like the added horsey sauce idea.

That sounds really good. I am not that much of a fan of crab, I had not considered using shrimp. Next time I get to where there are good fresh shrimp I shall try this.

I don't like crab either. This was a great substitute, especially nice for me since I'm not used to cooking seafood. An easy recipe into which to delve.

The shrimp cakes sound yummy, thanks for posting your recipe. I like the added horsey sauce idea.

The horse radish added a nice kick. I think I'll add a bit more on the next go 'round.

My tiramisu cake, it came out so moist and yummy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 23
The full-time roommate and the recently acquired girlfriend are moving on to larger digs. In cleaning out the freezer for the move, a nice double portion of prime rib that I forgot I froze turned up.

Lunch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back