Your Favorite Quote(s)

Orchidea73

Adaneth, I am!
“The best fantasy is written in the language of dreams. It is alive as dreams are alive, more real than real...for a moment at least...that long magic moment before we wake.

Fantasy is silver and scarlet, indigo and azure, obsidian veined with gold and lapis lazuli. Reality is plywood and plastic, done up in mud brown and olive drab. Fantasy tastes of habaneros and honey, cinnamon and cloves, rare red meat and wines as sweet as summer. Reality is beans and tofu, and ashes at the end. Reality is the strip malls of Burbank, the smokestacks of Cleveland, a parking garage in Newark. Fantasy is the towers of Minas Tirith, the ancient stones of Gormenghast, the halls of Camelot. Fantasy flies on the wings of Icarus, reality on Southwest Airlines. Why do our dreams become so much smaller when they finally come true?

We read fantasy to find the colors again, I think. To taste strong spices and hear the songs the sirens sang. There is something old and true in fantasy that speaks to something deep within us, to the child who dreamt that one day he would hunt the forests of the night, and feast beneath the hollow hills, and find a love to last forever somewhere south of Oz and north of Shangri-La.

They can keep their heaven. When I die, I'd sooner go to Middle-earth.” - George R. R. Martin

Last edited:
Overheard this from a tech helping us with our GIS software we (again) broke. Looked it up on the net. Guess we are the idiots…

“Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.”

Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself. (I am large, I contain multitudes).
- Walt Whitman

“Who are you then?"
"I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”

― Goethe, Faust

"Tell me, in your darkness, in your ocean, am I ever there? Have we reached each other?"

— Jenny Hval, Girls Against God.

"There is a legend about a bird which sings just once in its life, more sweetly than any other creature on the face of the earth. From the moment it leaves the nest it searches for a thorn tree, and does not rest until it has found one.

Then, singing among the savage branches, it impales itself upon the longest, sharpest spine. And, dying, it rises above its own agony to out-carol the lark and the nightingale. One superlative song, existence the price. But the whole world stills to listen, and God in His heaven smiles. For the best is only bought at the cost of great pain....Or so says the legend.

- "The Thorn Birds" by Collen McCullough

I am here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. I am all out of bubble gum

They Live.

best-lesbian-love-quotes.jpg

Back