You ever had a story idea that just won't go away?

eroticstoryspinner

Really Really Experienced
Right now i have a pretty full writing plate. On the mainstream side I have a novel that I am trying to finish and a short story that has been accepted for an anthology.

On the erotica side I have two stories that I am turning into four because they are both too long as is. (4 pages is my preferred length for a chapter on LIT) I have four other stores in various stages.

So, I am busy. Usually when i get a story idea, I sketch an outline, put it in the queue and move back to what I am working on.

This one just won't let go. Its inspired by the American college admissions scandal some of you may be aware of. Some well known people are now convicted felons and going to serve some time. The story line is intriguing for me because it would a a departure form my normal characters who are essentially private citizens who screw up in some way.

My dilemma is twofold. First, follow the muse or get some long overdue chapters of ongoing series out to my readers? Second is category. The main character would qualify as mature and some of my ideation revolves around, lets call her Lori reaction to being among younger penal sex slaves. I am specifically avoiding the Celeb and fan fiction category, so especially since this is alt history, I am changing the names and facts a bit. The Mature category seems to be pretty broad. Do you more experienced writers think its normal readership will balk at a prison slave story?

Thanks for any insights. I really miss my usual sounding board.

Right now i have a pretty full writing plate. On the mainstream side I have a novel that I am trying to finish and a short story that has been accepted for an anthology.

On the erotica side I have two stories that I am turning into four because they are both too long as is. (4 pages is my preferred length for a chapter on LIT) I have four other stores in various stages.

So, I am busy. Usually when i get a story idea, I sketch an outline, put it in the queue and move back to what I am working on.

This one just won't let go. Its inspired by the American college admissions scandal some of you may be aware of. Some well known people are now convicted felons and going to serve some time. The story line is intriguing for me because it would a a departure form my normal characters who are essentially private citizens who screw up in some way.

My dilemma is twofold. First, follow the muse or get some long overdue chapters of ongoing series out to my readers? Second is category. The main character would qualify as mature and some of my ideation revolves around, lets call her Lori reaction to being among younger penal sex slaves. I am specifically avoiding the Celeb and fan fiction category, so especially since this is alt history, I am changing the names and facts a bit. The Mature category seems to be pretty broad. Do you more experienced writers think its normal readership will balk at a prison slave story?

I don't read or write mature, but those sho do say it is one of the more forgiving categories. I would look more toward BDSM or fetish for a prison slave sex story, but that's me.

I don't read or write mature, but those sho do say it is one of the more forgiving categories. I would look more toward BDSM or fetish for a prison slave sex story, but that's me.

BDSM is a no go. Penal slaves don’t have consent or safewords. Which people in the lifestyle will educate you on real quick.

I have never been able to grok fetish. I tend to think of it as pony play, scat, foot worship, etc.

My stories are near future alt history where the break point is a different interpretation of the 13th amendment. I strive to make the criminal justice and penal system as normal as possible within the parameters of my universe.

I had good luck starting one of my series in incest. Which is why I am thinking about trying mature.

Just wanted to tank you for your response. Realized I left that out in my response.

How big is the sexual slavery angle? If you search for tags "sex slave" or "sexual slavery," you'll find stories in a number of categories but especially in Non-consent / Reluctance but also Mind Control, BDSM, and other sections.

Literotica can be a bit touchy about a "complete lack of consent" (rape) but sometimes they slip through. It can be a matter of definition. Recently there was a thread about some older stories that were reported by someone and then got pulled. I tried to find it but I couldn't yet.

There is another site with much looser standards. They don't have a slavery category but they do have a slavery "tag." You can't make-up your own tags; rather they have a predetermined list from which you must choose your tags. I'll send you a PM if you wish.

My dilemma is twofold. First, follow the muse or get some long overdue chapters of ongoing series out to my readers? Second is category. The main character would qualify as mature and some of my ideation revolves around, lets call her Lori reaction to being among younger penal sex slaves. I am specifically avoiding the Celeb and fan fiction category, so especially since this is alt history, I am changing the names and facts a bit. The Mature category seems to be pretty broad. Do you more experienced writers think its normal readership will balk at a prison slave story?.

If the main theme is she is being forced to do something against her will then it should go in NonCon. If it’s just a case of her witnessing what’s going on then you could put it in Mature but if the younger inmates are being made to do something they don’t want to do you’re back to NonCon.

If the main theme is she is being forced to do something against her will then it should go in NonCon. If it’s just a case of her witnessing what’s going on then you could put it in Mature but if the younger inmates are being made to do something they don’t want to do you’re back to NonCon.

This is why I need to link to my stories. https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=4605551&page=submissions.

This is the premise of my universe: From the intro to" Office Servitude "

"The story is set in the same near-future universe as my Penal Slavery series set in an alternate world where criminals are sentenced to terms of slavery rather than jail or prison per se. Because this is Literotica, there is a lot of sex. No rape or violence, reluctance at worst.

I thank those of you who will give the story a read. I value your feedback.

If you enjoy this story, then try the Penal Slavery and Mom and Daughter Face Penal Slavery series, along with Vist to the Lodge set in the same universe."

How big is the sexual slavery angle? If you search for tags "sex slave" or "sexual slavery," you'll find stories in a number of categories but especially in Non-consent / Reluctance but also Mind Control, BDSM, and other sections.

Literotica can be a bit touchy about a "complete lack of consent" (rape) but sometimes they slip through. It can be a matter of definition. Recently there was a thread about some older stories that were reported by someone and then got pulled. I tried to find it but I couldn't yet.

There is another site with much looser standards. They don't have a slavery category but they do have a slavery "tag." You can't make-up your own tags; rather they have a predetermined list from which you must choose your tags. I'll send you a PM if you wish.

I had to modify a scene from Penal Slavery 1 because Laurel threw the " no pleasure in the act" flag. The underlying premise of the story universe is enslavement for conviction of crimes. As Laural put it the character may be forced, but they have to derive pleasure from the act. They mate hate themselves for it,but it has to be there.

As I mentioned earlier, BDSM requires consent. Mind Control violates the internal rules of the universe because characters can't deal with consquences if they are robbed of free will. I worked in the criminal justice system for over 20 years. I never saw happy prisoners getting out of the van or bus going to intake.

I am actually pretty happy with LIT as a platform, but feel free to PM me. Thank you.

Yeah, like a couple of hundred or so. Lately though, no new ones have popped into my head. :eek:

This is why I need to link to my stories. https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=4605551&page=submissions.

This is the premise of my universe: From the intro to" Office Servitude "

"The story is set in the same near-future universe as my Penal Slavery series set in an alternate world where criminals are sentenced to terms of slavery rather than jail or prison per se. Because this is Literotica, there is a lot of sex. No rape or violence, reluctance at worst.

I thank those of you who will give the story a read. I value your feedback.

If you enjoy this story, then try the Penal Slavery and Mom and Daughter Face Penal Slavery series, along with Vist to the Lodge set in the same universe."

Put the link in your sig, then it will appear in all your posts automatically. Even old posts.

My current thing linked below has been percolating as an idea for a long time, though the form it's taken is pretty different.

There's another one that's been in my 'maybe' file forever that could be interesting. It's about a middle-aged metalhead loser (not a mary sue at all, dear me no) who becomes a rock star through nefarious means. The beginning and end are clear, and the middle would allow for a fair amount of hot and heavy stuff. I think the problem with starting it is that the periphery of the story (the music, the guitars etc.) is more interesting to me than the sex.

Other than that, the ideas I really like are just beginnings. The more I write, the more I know my old 'pass the story' approach of just seeing where things go is a really bad option for me, so unless inspiration strikes as to an actual plot, they're doomed to stay unwritten. Maybe I'll make them into one-offs, I don't know.

short answer to your title question: constantly- that's why I dump them in Story Ideas forum, hoping that they find a nice home and leave me alone.

Yes, and if they don’t go away, I have to write them to get them out of my head before I can do anything else.

I gotta feeling that I can't let go
Gotta feeling that I can't let go

Oh, no. That's something else, isn't it?

:)

Definitely. I’ve had it happen several times - I’ll be working on a story and an idea pops up that I HAVE to write first before I can work on anything else.

Oddly, most of the time I can work on several stories in parallel. But not when this happens.

And I owe my current blocker to eroticstoryspinner, thank you so very much ;) I wanted to try a nonconsent story and I wondered how close I could get to one your Penal Slaves stories without the alternate history. The answer was “not very”, but the idea I came up with mugged me and demanded I write it. Currently ~50K words in with at least another 10K to go.

Oh, no. That's something else, isn't it?

:)

Haaaaaaa.

For myself, it’s more “I’m hooked on a feeling...”

I think a story about penal sex slaves would go in nonconsent, regardless of the age of the slave.

I've had that happen. I have hundreds of partally finished stories because I'll be working on one then several paragraphs come to me for a new story. I start typing and suddenly I have two unfinished stories and the muse flees and refuses to give me the rest.

I started on series in 2012 and wrote the first 7 chapters in a matter of weeks. I didn't finish the other 5 until 2017.

I have stories dating back to 2011 that I have yet to work on since I wrote the first dozen or so paragraphs.

Yup, I know the feeling. There's that one about a has-been professional wrestler in a near-future dystopia with all kinds of issues who ends up in a death match scenario. That thing has haunted me for a few years and when I finally sat down to write it, my test subjects reacted with a disheartening mixture of "meh" and "might turn into something if you keep at it". Maybe the cross between cyberpunk and pro wrestling is truly a niche too far. :)

Definitely. I’ve had it happen several times - I’ll be working on a story and an idea pops up that I HAVE to write first before I can work on anything else.

Oddly, most of the time I can work on several stories in parallel. But not when this happens.

And I owe my current blocker to eroticstoryspinner, thank you so very much ;) I wanted to try a nonconsent story and I wondered how close I could get to one your Penal Slaves stories without the alternate history. The answer was “not very”, but the idea I came up with mugged me and demanded I write it. Currently ~50K words in with at least another 10K to go.

Sorry about that. Good news is that the next two chapter of Penal Slavery are being edited right now. Hoping to release them by mid week.

Back