Writing by popular demand - Meet Me in St. Louis

gunhilltrain

Multi-unit control
About a year ago, we were thinking of erotic versions of well-known movies, and somebody mentioned Meet Me In St Louis. I considered a possible plot. Someone here, a woman, "begged" me to do it. However, the muse just wasn't with me then. Now it is, and I'm 2,600 words into it. I've haven't been in St. Louis in a long time, but I found the real 5133 Kensington Avenue (John's house) on the left and Esther's House (5135) on the right. ("The Boy Next Door" song.) It will in first-person from Esther's POV, looking back from her 80th birthday in the 1960's.

View attachment 2334875

The opening of the movie shows it quite differently, but that was done on a back lot in Culver City. Margaret O'Brien, at the age of about seven, plays her younger sister here.

Last edited:
Interesting. Surprisingly enough I've never seen it. Not a huge musical guy. Looking forward to reading it.

Interesting. Surprisingly enough I've never seen it. Not a huge musical guy. Looking forward to reading it.
I've never seen it straight through. A considerable number of key scenes, which I've watched for this, are on YouTube. Expect it to be posted around the end of this month. The tentative title might be "Esther Smith's Confessions."

Sally Benson's stories, based on her own life, were published in the 1940's. One source says that 5135 was demolished in 1994. Google maps doesn't line up exactly. The street map shows it as an empty lot, but the street view (from 2015) shows it further down the block. A test of my own home shows both modes in sync. So who knows what Google is up to?

Last edited:
Back