Democrats demand universal free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a snack for kids in school

Since kids are required to attend school, refusing to feed them is refusing to feed prisoners. Prisons labelled as prisons are required to feed prisoners. School breakfast and dinner would be luxuries or more punishment, depending on the food. Government food probably sucks as much as government education.

Since kids are required to attend school, refusing to feed them is refusing to feed prisoners. Prisons labelled as prisons are required to feed prisoners. School breakfast and dinner would be luxuries or more punishment, depending on the food. Government food probably sucks as much as government education.

School food generally sucks but that's a choice we've made not so something that has to be like that. Public education doesn't suck that bad and the real problem is we don't want to fund. That and the people who set the agenda really don't want to teach too much for obvious reasons.

Second, kids in public schools spend almost 3-4x more time under the influence of teachers who openly express distain for a pro-America, pro-Capitalist, pro-Christian worldview, more time doing bookwork assigned by those teachers, and much of their "socialization" around fellow students who are being equally brainwashed.
Erm, no, they don't. Anyone can see you're just one of those wingnuts who consider anything beyond "America was born perfect and has only gotten better" as "distain [sic] for a pro-America, pro-Capitalist [sic]...worldview", and who thinks acknowledging other faiths exist is somehow anti-Christian.

Finally, just about every family in today's America is more wealthy than any of the founders could have dreamed of being.
Apples and oranges. By the standards of their time, the Washingtons and Jeffersons and so forth were very, very well to do. "Just about every family in today's America" is not - indeed, that has never been the case.
And that level of education was normal across the board back then for everyone, poor and rich alike.
Wrong. If your folks didn't have the money to send you to university, you weren't going to learn Latin or Hebrew, you were going to learn a trade, and most kids were apprenticed to one around age 12.
That's why the Constitution could hold such lofty language and the Federalist Papers could use such complex thought, and both be easily understood by the masses.
Oh, how I wish...

School food generally sucks but that's a choice we've made not so something that has to be like that.
I'm not so sure. Is there a way to make large quantities of food to feed dozens or hundreds of people at one time and not have the food, well, suck? I can't think how.
But it does beat going hungry, and it does mean children are better equipped to learn (which is perhaps the problem from the right's point of view...the more educated people are, the less likely they are to fall for the right's paranoid, extreme bullshit).

Speaking as a vet it is very possible to make food for large numbers of people that doesn't suck. Sure there are things that everybody knows you should probable avoid. This always comes out dry as shit especially if you're not in the Air Force. Its not impossible we just have a country where about half the nation thinks schools shouldn't provide food at all.

Speaking as a vet it is very possible to make food for large numbers of people that doesn't suck. Sure there are things that everybody knows you should probable avoid. This always comes out dry as shit especially if you're not in the Air Force. Its not impossible we just have a country where about half the nation thinks schools shouldn't provide food at all.
It's simply that we don't believe schools should be replacing parents. And since the NEA leadership has made it clear that is exactly what they believe schools should do, we don't want one inroad where the schools are doing the parents' job for them.

By the way, as proof of liberal bias built into the Google search algorithm, I have heard the quotes in their entirety, from the mouths of the NEA leadership at their conferenced, the teachers laughing along, where the NEA mocks parents rights over their own children and where they say the kids belong to them. I know that several Conservative sites have called them out on this. Yet every search on the NEA yields only postings and articles BY the NEA bashing those who call them out and Google suggests questions like, "Why do conservatives hate education?" Y'all wonder why I said you can't even trust the companies that provide the search engines to try to get non liberal sources of information.

By the way, as proof of liberal bias built into the Google search algorithm, I have heard the quotes in their entirety, from the mouths of the NEA leadership at their conferenced, the teachers laughing along, where the NEA mocks parents rights over their own children and where they say the kids belong to them. I know that several Conservative sites have called them out on this. Yet every search on the NEA yields only postings and articles BY the NEA bashing those who call them out and Google suggests questions like, "Why do conservatives hate education?" Y'all wonder why I said you can't even trust the companies that provide the search engines to try to get non liberal sources of information.
Nobody wonders why you don't understand search engines.

Conservatives hate education because educated people are highly unlikely to be conservative. It really is that simple.

Conservatives hate education because educated people are highly unlikely to be conservative. It really is that simple.
False. People educated at liberal university are unlikely to be conservative. In other words, the Libs brainwash, we educate.

False. People educated at liberal university are unlikely to be conservative. In other words, the Libs brainwash, we educate.

Ignoring that there is no functional difference between brainwashing and educating, you do not educate. You flat out lie to people and people with enough education to understand basic things will not buy it. To claim otherwise is dishonest to such a degree that you cannot possibly believe that crap.

You went to an NEA convention ? Wow
Having gone to a few CTA meetings, I can say taking over parenting or even topics parents should teach was never listed as a workshop item

Most bullshit for schools comes from state or the fed government.

Textbook companies have more pull than any union.

I'm not so sure. Is there a way to make large quantities of food to feed dozens or hundreds of people at one time and not have the food, well, suck? I can't think how.
But it does beat going hungry, and it does mean children are better equipped to learn (which is perhaps the problem from the right's point of view...the more educated people are, the less likely they are to fall for the right's paranoid, extreme bullshit).
Quality food service for school children isn't rocket science. It's done everyday.

What school lunch looks like in 19 countries around the world

While students in the US may be enjoying pizza and chocolate milk, those in France are treated to salmon and ratatouille for their school lunch.

536a7328eab8ea4014187ac1

Lambersart, France: Another fancy lunch includes rice, salmon, ratatouille, a slice of bread, a salad with celery and carrots, an orange, and a doughnut.

536a76bc69bedd2150d26826

London, England: The meal on the right consists of pasta, fresh broccoli, slices of bread, and seasonal fresh fruit. The other option is vegetable chili with rice and fresh broccoli, sponge cake with custard, and a banana.

536a74306da811ee6cb11604

London, England: Pasta with broccoli, slices of bread, and seasonal fresh fruit.

58ebccb977bb70b0078b7772

https://www.businessinsider.com/school-lunches-around-the-world-photos

You should probably review those studies...

Lmao...especially that first one
See GG.

They're going to move the goalposts every time.

They don't examine your sources, they just automatically make up shit to dismiss them.

They have no intention whatsoever to take the fingers out of their ears preferring instead to listen to the running script in their head.

Their parents cannot send them with a bag lunch?

Some people should not be parents.

Do they not feed them at home?

See GG.

They don't examine your sources, they just automatically make up shit to dismiss them.

They have no intention whatsoever to take the fingers out of their ears preferring instead to listen to the running script in their head.
Did you click the link for the first one? 404 error within 30 minutes of posting? From the source?

C’mon. Please provide actual source information, stop giving us the Lindell version of things.

See GG.

Yes, all of his "studies" that provide "evidence" ¯⁠\⁠(⁠°⁠_⁠o⁠)⁠/⁠¯

Lmao

Their parents cannot send them with a bag lunch?

Some people should not be parents.

Do they not feed them at home?
It is very unfortunate, but there are many families that have a very difficult time making ends meet, and good nutrition is far from happening.

Garbage food doesn’t cost as much, so many go for that but it doesn’t help them from a nourishment perspective.

Discounting entire groups of people with the argument that some people should not be parents is gross oversimplification.

School systems across the country feed students during the summer because, as bad as school lunches in the US have become, it is the best meal some kids will get.

I would hope that from a side of the argument that likes to talk about the common man, you could get behind some of this and look for positive change- but that doesn’t allow you to make an artificial wedge of the issue.

Yes, all of his "studies" that provide "evidence"

Lmao
First you demand studies.
Then you get studies.
You pronounce those studies irrelevant.
You are provided even better studies and you declare them flawed.

No amount of studies are going to ameliorate your confirmation bias. If you believe it, you don't even need a study.

You're fine with an opinion piece.

It is very unfortunate, but there are many families that have a very difficult time making ends meet, and good nutrition is far from happening.

That's a local issue, at best.

You should not be making the rule because of the exception.

IlDuce74, do you need a link and several studies to bolster that opinion?

That's a local issue, at best.

You should not be making the rule because of the exception.

IlDuce74, do you need a link and several studies to bolster that opinion?
A local issue across the entire country. Hmmm… makes it a national issue. No where near the exceptions, but if you want to believe that- there are some great pillows Mike will sell you.

Then you get studies.

No amount of studies are going to ameliorate your confirmation bias. If you believe it, you don't even need a study.

I didn't demand studies.

He attempted to provide studies as evidence to back up his claim and failed miserably.

He posted plenty of opinion pieces from home school supporters stating a bunch of bullshit even referring to studies that either did not exist (ala 404) or weren't actually studies at all, but more opinions.

All it showed me is that proponents of home studies make up shit for other proponents to believe.....and this is supposed to show other people that it makes you smart.

I personally don't care whether you home school your kids or not.

Then you get studies.

Not remotely what happened.
Someone said they had multiple studies.
I asked to see these studies.
They couldn't produce a single study.
You're now having a meltdown over something that happened yesterday because you're always the victim somehow.

Back