Writer's Menagé (closed)

She had fallen asleep in one of the upper rooms she had been exploring dreaming though her dreams made little sense and vanished from even memory when she opened her eyes.

Ambrose... did you hear something?

Ambrose was awake, but had been meditating and had not heard anything, Leena startled him when she asked

I will go check

When Ambrose found him, Keiko had matted blood and was shivering by the fire, apparently asleep

Leena, come, its Keiko, and he has been pretty banged up, he's clearly lost blood

She hurried down the stairs and grabbed a heavy blanket and covered him to keep him warm.

Go get things for me to tend to the cuts and wounds. In the garden there is a silver trumpet looking flowers get get me a branch of them and the honey. We should also have the ink and some paper nearby just in case.

Touching his cheek she winced recoiling at the strange energy around him that actually hurt her.

His eyes barely opened, but he saw her, he was not completely coherent, but tried to explain

I fought him in his time, he wanted our baby, but he will come again here

I won't let him get you, or our....

And he fell back asleep

What does he mean our?

She want pregnant she had been told she couldn't get pregnant but still his words she looked to Ambrose as he returned with what she asked for and went to work on Kieko.

Keiko drifted into some state between sleep and being unconscious

His body was still fighting

The spirit wanted to inhabit him, mate with her

But he was too pure of heart, he would not host

If the choice came down to hosting or dying the feline clearly was choosing death, and he would take the spirit down with him

Such selflessness the spirit didn’t understand

He fled, he needed another host, an unpure soul in a powerful body

They would fight again, the feline won this round, the war would end differently

She did what she could to help him heal with the herbs and things Ambrose had collected and then they waited

He slept for nearly 12 hours

Woke up very sore, groggy, but healing

With a start he wondered how long he had been out

Ambrose, has Gregory reached out to you? I need to find him. The battle could begin at any time...he commands the dark fires

She had not moved from his side.

Gregory has not said anything yet that I know of.

She snuggled up close hugging him

You scared me

He sat down next to her, purring, wanting to be petted, licking her hand then neck

You cared for me...thank you

You know what he asked for to leave you alone? Our offspring, yours and mine

That is why we fought

I was always told I can't have kids.

She shrugged petting him curling into his fur

I don't know, the spirit seemed quite sure

Who told you, you couldn't have children?

Perhaps they didn't want to see your magic go on?

Keiko had to admit, he had liked the idea when the spirit mentioned it, not the way he wanted, but another little girl like her mother

He smiled, had never considered being a father, but...what if?

A doctor after a an accident I had with my first ex.

She shrugged and snuggled deeper against him

Your Doctor was likely right

But the spirit knew something

And how many mortal doctors understand the magical or even believe we exist?

He shrugged, only time would tell

Yeah... true...

She wondered if her magic could fix an damage. She had never thought about getting to be a parent outside of adoption but now this demon seems to be so sure. At least enough to clearly get Kieko thinking about it.

He pulled her into him and snuggled, who knows, but it wouldn't be a bad thing would it?

I am going to have to fight him and I may need your help

Together I think we can beat him, but I am afraid that I think his magic may be stronger here, and Gregory knows something about the first battle, and we need to understand that too

Ambrose bring him here. I have a strange feeling he is at the tavern... if he knows something and he has had to face the demon he is probably elbows deep in a fight or sanity deep in alcohol flooded blood. Please go drag him here.

She snuggled in his arms sinking deep into thought

Ambrose went to the tavern and she was right

He was drinking from a goblet of boubron laced blood

Ambrose grabbed him by the arm and told the bartender to pu it on his account

She asked me to bring you to her, and I am

The look on Gregory's face was alarming, it didn't appear he was drinking to find courage, he was drinking to forget

She sat there with Kieko waiting for Gregory and Ambrose. When they walked in she looked to Gregory.

You have information you need to tell me?

Gregory stood there a little drunk but looked at her.

He knew we would go to the woods. He knew that I would join the fight in his time because the me from this time is the one that tried to save Helena and her sisters. He knew what was going to happen now back then. There is more about him and his powers than I realize. How much more does he know about the future and how?

Keiko looked at Leena

If he could see the future then, he can likely see it now

Except we can change it, with your magic, we can take the future and change it real time

We need to fool him, confuse him...and then I need to be the one to kill him

He knows I have that ability doesn't he Gregory? It is why back then his spirits were frightened of me, and why he tried to negotiate?

He tried to negotiate because he knew you loved her. He knew you were a way to her. Had it been Ambrose who was there he would have negotiated with him. That is just how he is. How he always was.

A deep growled yet weary sigh fell from him.

Who is he to us Gregory?

He clearly did not want to answer that.

Keiko was confused

Then why did you send me, and why was only I able to hear him and find the clues?

He was now a bit angry, he had risked his life willing, but if anyone could have done this, then good luck to them

Yes, Gregory, who is he to us and why did you flee while I fought him hand to hand? Who is he to you?

You or Ambrose had to be there that was the only variable. Everyone else was absolutely supposed to be there. As for who he is to Leena and I since we are distant family...

He sighed.

He was my brother and I did not run off. I destroyed what would have made him unstoppable...Her great grandfather... His "battery" I released his tortur d soul which should weaken his spirit now.

With a flash he had Kieko pinned to a wall fangs bared.

So don't you ever think I ran off boy you are alive because I killed some of my own blood

He had been in pain and badly bruised, just wanting to rest, fed up with all of Gregory's fucking mysteries and half answers

The old vampire caught him by surprise and pinned him, but he also shot adrenaline and rage through the feline, Keiko was instantly transformed and in this state assumed an exaggerated size that only happened in extreme danger and need to defend

Only Ambrose had seen Keiko, and as Gregory flashed, Ambrose said "Uh oh" and he was not expressing concern for his lover

Instantly almost 300 pounds and 10 feet tall, he took on the dimensions of a massive tiger, four inch claws extended, mouth open and fangs extended, the look of kill in his eyes

He fliipped up his back paws and drove back against the wall and the two were suddenly airborn

The ferocity of Keiko's roar was deafening, "I am so fucking tired of you old man, your secrets, your fucked up family...I love your niece, I could give a shit about the rest of you, yet I am fighting your fight"

Now there were fangs bared on each throat and this was escalating fast both men lost in rage either could easily destroy the other

Ambrose stepped in, even in his rage he knew Keiko wouldn't hurt him and he slid his arm into Keiko's jaws

"No my friend, this does nothing, we are here for her, not him, do not forget that"

Ambrose was right and Keiko released...and stomped prowling...looking at Gregory in disgust...

I do not follow you, or listen to your orders one more second, if you want my help I need full disclosure...If you killed your blood, it is because your blood deserved it...I fight only for her..

He looked at Leena

...and him

A power she did not know she had. Her great grandfather she had heard about growing up. One of the few males born to the family line. That was all it took.

ENOUGH!!!GREGORY KIEKO ENOUGH!!

Kieko his brother used all of you his brother used my family my great grandfather is Gregory's family line too just as it is mine. You dont care for them how can you say you care for me without them there would be no me!

Gregory... wallowing n self pity over what is clearly a time magic is poi bless. The fact that you could not be the one to kill your brother I understand and thank younger freeing my rest grandfather from him. Now when do we have or should I say when do I have a war to prepare for because I will NOT abide pettiness from either of you. Is that clear gentlemen?

The air around her had the wolf guards outside charging in the recoiling from her.

Back