World of Warcraft

JoshRial

Experienced
Maybe someone out there who reads this might play but I have absolutely no idea whats going on with this game. I don't know what the hell these quests are about... I mean I get what you are suppose to do but how the hell do you know where to go/things to p/u etc. Are most of these quests set to do by yourself? Maybe this isn't the game for me, I dunno. Its just soo frustrating and would love any advice I could get.
Thanks
Oh forgot to mention I am playing Paladin

Realm: Archidone (sp?)
Name: CaptJack

Paladins are easy mode. Read the quests, follow the directions, kill the monsters, collect your loot. Pretty simple really. Everything in the whole game is explained in perfect detail, of which there are many. The only things you need to know to follow the directions of the quests are north, east, south, west.

I personally don't care for the Paladin class, too easy (Although I have a level 65 Paladin). I prefer the Warlock, Druid, Hunter and lately Shaman classes.

Give it some time, if you haven't played a MMORPG before it can take some time to get used to how quests and such work but it quickly becomes second nature. World of Warcraft is one of the better games out there right now for Fantasy MMOs.

If your having trouble with quests, try some of the websites dedicated for Wow.

I use....

Allakhazam

and

Thottbot

Just type the quest in the search box and it will give you all the info needed.

Also, find a good guild that helps new players and some of them also use Skype so you can talk to your team mates.

It's up to your own playing style, but Archimonde is a PVP server and you will have to worry about higher level characters killing you.

Feel free to PM me if you need more help.

I hate paladins. I've always played horde toons and paladins are sort of new to us. We got so used to hating the bubble-hearthing paladins, and now theres little hordie pallies running around everywhere. Bah! Best name I have seen for a paladin: Hearthvader. Hahaha.

The new easy mode levelling is killer since the new patch, though. My lock has shot from lvl 38 to 46 in days. Grey quests give a few thousand experience now, even. Ridiculously easy to lvl now.

I've just realised how dorky WoW speak must sound to people who have never played before. Ha.

WTB spellstrike hood crafter, my mats, your nether PST!

Semler said:
If your having trouble with quests, try some of the websites dedicated for Wow.

I use....

Allakhazam

and

Thottbot

Just type the quest in the search box and it will give you all the info needed.

Also, find a good guild that helps new players and some of them also use Skype so you can talk to your team mates.

It's up to your own playing style, but Archimonde is a PVP server and you will have to worry about higher level characters killing you.

Feel free to PM me if you need more help.

Skype isn't needed anymore with voice chat within the game since the last patch.

Although I have yet to actually use voice chat except in a Hellfire Ramparts group. I'm not sure how functional it is in a raid environment.

Ulaven_Demorte said:
Skype isn't needed anymore with voice chat within the game since the last patch.

Although I have yet to actually use voice chat except in a Hellfire Ramparts group. I'm not sure how functional it is in a raid environment.
It never works properly. I use ventrilo or teamspeak. Never seen anyone on my server using skype for raids and such.

Um. If WoW is too complicated for you I recommend buying a Nintendo Wii and giving up on big kid games.

Thanks all. I'll try that out. This is my first MMORPG so its all foreign. Oh I already have a Wii so thanks man. I also have a PS3 incase you care.

JoshRial said:
Thanks all. I'll try that out. This is my first MMORPG so its all foreign. Oh I already have a Wii so thanks man. I also have a PS3 incase you care.

I do care and I'm proud of you. Just follow the floating punctuation marks to victory.

JoshRial said:

well you started with the simpliest MMORPG game out there

its the same as other computer/console role playing game except online. Maybe you should try some PS3/computer RPG games before playing online.

Why wouldn't I be able to loot? I get the bag symbol but its black. So I can't loot. What do i do?
Thanks

dgreen said:
Only because it got more sex than you did.

(please don't hurt me)

Touche.

Luckily for you, I'm in a superb mood this morning!
I plan for it to continue throughout my day...

So.... :kiss: to a good Thursday for you too...d-bag.

I stopped playing.

The new patch has me sort of intrigued, though. I might buy a one month once I'm done essay season.

fallenupright said:
I stopped playing.

The new patch has me sort of intrigued, though. I might buy a one month once I'm done essay season.

Low level progression is so fast and low level instance items look like mini raid loot.

December said:
Paladins are easy mode. Read the quests, follow the directions, kill the monsters, collect your loot. Pretty simple really. Everything in the whole game is explained in perfect detail, of which there are many. The only things you need to know to follow the directions of the quests are north, east, south, west.

What she said.

We had a ridiculous guild at one point.

Tauren Druid. Never quite made it to 60 (quit well before the first expansion). Spent most of my time buying and selling stuff on AH to make money for said guild. Once most of my RL friends quit, it got to be REALLY boring. And while I'm a nerd, I don't think I'm cut out to be an MMORPG nerd.

did the creatures health go down when you were fighting it, if not reload the game because its bugged, its been happening alot lately,
and the new patch is pretty neat

Back