Words of Advice

HumasWanderingWeiner

Don't call me Anthony
After seeing enormous threads from “guys seeking gals” in various forms, I feel obligated to offer up some advice that I have garnered through formal education as well as street learning here on Lit.

The biggest thing to get into your head is that this is no different than job seeking. The two follow a very similar premise: you have to get the interview, and then when you get the interview, you have to get the second round interview and ultimately get the offer and stay on board.

Employers look at resumes and job history to get the interview. It’s no different here. Women are going to look at your profile to get a sense of who you are and then your posts to gather more information about you. View your posts as your job history.

First, your resume. If you want a job, do you put two words on it? Or do you beef it up? Of course everyone expects some borderline falsehoods that make it look like you did a bit more than you really did. Hell, look at mine. However, be careful here, truthfulness matters and women will ferret out falsehoods pretty quickly. (Ok, modifying mine.) You can’t say that you are witty and fun and then in your PM be anything but that. And trust me on your profile, bonus points are awarded for playfulness and humor. Creativity is never a bad thing either. So I am told (Ok, see mine ex post modification).

When sending out an unsolicited PM, you have to put more than a couple of words in it. And for God’s sake, posting on here “PM me if you are interested” won’t get you much of a reply. And don’t expect unsolicited PMs from women unless you post some interesting things, make people laugh, or correct someone’s grammar (make fun of some poor blokes post will do it) and it catches a ladies eye.

Once you get a reply from a PM you send to a woman, you have to reply with something interesting. You are going for that second round interview here and they will drop you if you don’t interest them. And even if you do post something that you think is interesting, they may drop you. If they don’t see a connection, they move on. Don’t take it personally. And don’t ask for pics, send pics (definitely not dick pics), be pushy or jump right into sex chat. That will get you dropped toot suite.

Other words of wisdom. Don’t say you are funny or interesting, prove it. Don’t PM a lady without looking at her profile and posts and making sure you are a match. Also, be more than a one trick pony. If she is into one armed midgets, be a fucking interesting one armed midget. Posting “hey, I am a one armed midget” may or may get the job done. Posting a great fucking joke involving one armed midgets in a self-deprecating manner will spill the bean glass over in a way to favor you, trust me.

Lastly, don’t push it if you get to the second round. Just because she says she is into gerbils and rubber sheets, it doesn’t mean she wants to go full bore with you in the second skype post. Sheesh, let it build. If she goes full tilt on you the first post, then by all means, reciprocate, but maybe wait a few posts until you let the flood gates open. But that’s up to you.

Ladies, I would love to hear if I have hit the mark, missed the mark, tallied a score but not a bullseye, ….. Or if I am full of bull excrement. And double points to anyone who PMs me with the term Bull Excrement” in the title.

And don’t expect unsolicited PMs from women unless you post some interesting things, make people laugh, or correct someone’s grammar (make fun of some poor blokes post will do it) and it catches a ladies eye.

Of course, this should read, "catches a lady's eye". Taking one for the team so generously, a true gent!

When does the flood of unsolicited messages begin? ;)

There are some great guys on here (I know!) but sometimes I think they need a little know-how in putting their best selves out there. I think it is very generous of HumasWanderingWeiner to start this thread.

Here are some tips from a girl’s POV, though just remember, every one of us is different... (looks who's talking...lol):

- Have a bio filled out. We understand that you might want to be mysterious but it also suggests you have something to hide if you have nothing. Just supporting what HumasWanderingWeiner has said - A bio is like a blurb of a book – it is a brief introduction that is meant to create curiosity so the reader will want to buy the book (or at least loan it from the library). No blurb puts you in the meh basket.

- Get your 100 posts so you can add an AV pic. Pics tell 1000 words. Remember, whatever is in your pic is your idol…lol. A picture of beer suggests you love beer. Images of Homer Simpson arise. If you have a dick pic, you’re relying on women to like your cock to want to chat with you. And if you use someone else’s cock, you might have some explaining to do if you get to the vid exchange stage.

- Having posts and threads creates a history. This tends to make you more legit. The more you post, the more you can’t fake it. Posts show your personality, your character, your kinks, among other things. Women read between the lines a lot! To a woman ‘enigmas’ are unsafe - a man having a history on Lit makes a woman feel safer to chat with him. They will see that you are a decent person by how you interact with others. Posts that have a paragraph or more of thought will signify that you are a good communicator and know how to have an in-depth conversation. Girls tend to like that in a man.

- Women don’t tend to like cold callers. In general, they prefer to make contact/become friends with people they see active in the community. They are more receiptable towards people who interact with them in a thread first before PMing them. So, become a participator. Share your knowledge, your stories and your fantasies in the threads. If a woman you are interested in has a thread, create an open conversation with her on the thread. This is a great way to see if she is interested in you by the way she interacts with you. But, also, assumptions are just that.

- Have a personals ad. There are a lot of women who lurk. If you are a lurker too, they are not going to know you exist or are looking. Now personals can be tricky. Just because you get no comments, it doesn’t mean people haven’t read you. Just look at the views. The type of personals that aren’t attractive are the cries for help, the defeatists, the I want-I-want-I-wants, the highly specifics, the sob stories and the cynical/sarcastic. It’s good and important to be truthful, but if all you say is how much you love your wife and you’re only on Lit to find a girl to fulfil your sexual needs you are severely narrowing your options. That’s just not a good enough offer for many women. All women, even online, want to feel like they are first. No woman wants to enter a relationship when it’s clear she’ll be treated like a second, third… But, if you are here to ‘make friends and have some kinky fun’… See the difference?

Pro tip: Don’t search for the end goal straight off the bat. Sure you might want undying love that the universe will be jealous of but you’re not going to get that by asking for it in a personal. That is a very daunting read to a potential. Just aim for kinky friends – the first step and go from there.

I hope the above helps. Happy connecting! :kiss:

There are some great guys on here (I know!) but sometimes I think they need a little know-how in putting their best selves out there. I think it is very generous of HumasWanderingWeiner to start this thread.

Here are some tips from a girl’s POV, though just remember, every one of us is different... (looks who's talking...lol):

- Have a bio filled out. We understand that you might want to be mysterious but it also suggests you have something to hide if you have nothing. Just supporting what HumasWanderingWeiner has said - A bio is like a blurb of a book – it is a brief introduction that is meant to create curiosity so the reader will want to buy the book (or at least loan it from the library). No blurb puts you in the meh basket.

- Get your 100 posts so you can add an AV pic. Pics tell 1000 words. Remember, whatever is in your pic is your idol…lol. A picture of beer suggests you love beer. Images of Homer Simpson arise. If you have a dick pic, you’re relying on women to like your cock to want to chat with you. And if you use someone else’s cock, you might have some explaining to do if you get to the vid exchange stage.

- Having posts and threads creates a history. This tends to make you more legit. The more you post, the more you can’t fake it. Posts show your personality, your character, your kinks, among other things. Women read between the lines a lot! To a woman ‘enigmas’ are unsafe - a man having a history on Lit makes a woman feel safer to chat with him. They will see that you are a decent person by how you interact with others. Posts that have a paragraph or more of thought will signify that you are a good communicator and know how to have an in-depth conversation. Girls tend to like that in a man.

- Women don’t tend to like cold callers. In general, they prefer to make contact/become friends with people they see active in the community. They are more receiptable towards people who interact with them in a thread first before PMing them. So, become a participator. Share your knowledge, your stories and your fantasies in the threads. If a woman you are interested in has a thread, create an open conversation with her on the thread. This is a great way to see if she is interested in you by the way she interacts with you. But, also, assumptions are just that.

- Have a personals ad. There are a lot of women who lurk. If you are a lurker too, they are not going to know you exist or are looking. Now personals can be tricky. Just because you get no comments, it doesn’t mean people haven’t read you. Just look at the views. The type of personals that aren’t attractive are the cries for help, the defeatists, the I want-I-want-I-wants, the highly specifics, the sob stories and the cynical/sarcastic. It’s good and important to be truthful, but if all you say is how much you love your wife and you’re only on Lit to find a girl to fulfil your sexual needs you are severely narrowing your options. That’s just not a good enough offer for many women. All women, even online, want to feel like they are first. No woman wants to enter a relationship when it’s clear she’ll be treated like a second, third… But, if you are here to ‘make friends and have some kinky fun’… See the difference?

Pro tip: Don’t search for the end goal straight off the bat. Sure you might want undying love that the universe will be jealous of but you’re not going to get that by asking for it in a personal. That is a very daunting read to a potential. Just aim for kinky friends – the first step and go from there.

I hope the above helps. Happy connecting! :kiss:

As someone who has made some very good friendships (and playmate-interactions) both from interacting on the boards first and from the occasional (and very, VERY rare) unsolicited email, I think this is all very reasonable, and very informative for those seeking to make a good connection.

Great Thread and great comments!! Totally agree with everything Humas & Racy said ;)

I might add that once you are in a naughty PM, respect some boundaries. You might ask to take it to phone or Skype, but if she says no, drop it. Don't continue to beg for a pic or a call.

Another thing is these conversations can get steamy, that's usually the point ;). If you just can't hold back and reach your "O" :D, let the other person know. Don't just drop off and disconnect. A simple message "cumming" will do fine. :), and if your wife unexpectedly comes home :eek:, and you need to disconnect, "gotta go" or "gtg", lets the other know its over.

Also be honest in what you are in to. Knowing about each others limits and desires can make all the difference.

I know it was already mentioned, but don't take it personally if you PM and don't get a response. Sometimes there are a lot of PMs or we may be involved in one and just can't answer them all.

Just my personal opinions, but really glad to see this thread!! :rose:

I agree with all of this! I only respond to PMs when there's enough there for me to determine if I would talk to them if I met the guy (or girl) in person. If it's just, "Wanna Skype?" I don't know that.

Yup.

I like AVs that are the actual person and not some image.

Since we all seem to be adding our 2 cents.

Good luck, OP!!!:cattail:

This isn't a personal asking for anyone to reach out to me. I do fine actually. I put a pic of me in my profile, I just like a pic of the person in one of the other. And is that a pic of you in your AV?

Last edited:
This isn't a personal asking for anyone to reach out to me. I do fine actually. I put a pic of me in my profile, I just like a pic of the person in one of the other. And is that a pic of you in your AV?

That's me. Profile as well.

Ooops, I misread the intent of the thread!
Continued success, stud muffin. :D

Am I allowed to correct two errors I saw in your OP? ;)

And, I happen to disagree with RacyWilde's comments, she isn't speaking for all Lit ladies.

I don't need to see a profile filled out, but I like to see you posting. It's not going to hurt me, though, to get a message from someone with no post history in all the years they've been here if you happen to write a message out of the blue that makes me laugh. I'll write back. I have two great friends here like that, because they showed who they are in messages instead of posts.

Neither one has a profile picture.

If you happen to make a profile, keep it interesting - whether funny or not. If I see your posts and decide to open my messages to write you, I am going to play that in my message. Keeps it interesting.

Am I allowed to correct two errors I saw in your OP? ;)

And, I happen to disagree with RacyWilde's comments, she isn't speaking for all Lit ladies.

I don't need to see a profile filled out, but I like to see you posting. It's not going to hurt me, though, to get a message from someone with no post history in all the years they've been here if you happen to write a message out of the blue that makes me laugh. I'll write back. I have two great friends here like that, because they showed who they are in messages instead of posts.

Neither one has a profile picture.

If you happen to make a profile, keep it interesting - whether funny or not. If I see your posts and decide to open my messages to write you, I am going to play that in my message. Keeps it interesting.

This.
Yes.
One of the best people I ever met PMed me about a post I wrote. It was personal to my post, and he did not mention my banana.
So, while I do like an AV/Profile pic, your words will usurp that.

A few things that bother me. Don't send a pm & then send the same one, word for word, a few weeks later. Our memory isn't that bad.
Don't send an unsolicited pm asking personal questions & then get your panties in a wad if they don't answer them.
And if you've been talking a few times don't just disappear with out a word. That one has probably been covered

Great thread and I will absolutely refer to this when I create a personals ad!

My preferences are simple in regards to pm's; a well thought out personal message even better if its addressed to me (I prefer when the sender hides the fact the massage could be a copy/paste job lot), messages about a specific post are better - gives some context to the conversation that may follow and something having something in common is a great start.

On the profile vs posting issue... I like completed profiles especially when they include hobbies etc. Finally on posting I like to see varied posts (as in not all replying to various personals) after all lit is a community and it's nice to be sociable.

However, I do rely on my instincts and there have been occasions when I have ignored all of my above rules because I simply got a good vibe from a pm!

I'm going to go ahead and go against the grain here.

There are three things you need to do:

Dick pics, dick pics, DICK PICS

Women like dick. Proven fact. Sure, they may not like YOUR dick, but this is a numbers game. Say 1% of women would be interested in your dick. That's a low number. But guess what? PM five hundred women, and you've got yourself five play partners.

Women like dick. Proven fact. Sure, they may not like YOUR dick, but this is a numbers game. Say 1% of women would be interested in your dick. That's a low number. But guess what? PM five hundred women, and you've got yourself five play partners.

Just don't be upset if she shoots back with a dick pic of her own 😎

That's what I do. If I get an unsolicited dick pick, I send the hairiest one I can find back.

:nana:

I like this. I don't fully agree, but I like it.
I have to say, I don't trust anyone who will NOT send a dick pic.

Back