WJ's Bottom Desk Drawer

*knock*knock*

WannaPlayEvilDoll5PieceCostumeSet-MultiColor_MER_PLUS_4_468x.jpg

Trick or treat! Gimme something good to eat!

Hmm... all these visitors coming by, I need to decide what kind of mood I'm in. Am I the house that gives out full-size Kit-Kats and Reese's? Or am I the house that hands out toothbrushes, pennies, and religious pamphlets? I could go either way.
You might as well throw in some packets of oyster crackers and Andy's mints.

... Sorry.. dropping in late is poor style, I know.. But... This kinda screamed.. or moaned...?! 🤭Your name!

IMG_3643.jpeg

..... It makes one wonder.. just how bad was she, that she needed this kind of.. uhm.. punishment? 🙈😇🤣

... Sorry.. dropping in late is poor style, I know.. But... This kinda screamed.. or moaned...?! 🤭Your name!

..... It makes one wonder.. just how bad was she, that she needed this kind of.. uhm.. punishment? 🙈😇🤣
It's perfect! So happy to see you're still around! :)

View attachment 2276941

She must be tremendously strong. She's either holding herself up with those super strong thighs or we're all just looking at a piggy back.
Either way, lots of fun!

• Love
Reactions: Cat
She must be tremendously strong. She's either holding herself up with those super strong thighs or we're all just looking at a piggy back.
Either way, lots of fun!

I'm going with strong thighs. Just because that's kind of my thing.

Well... So.. there is a story about this painting.. about one Eve.. The last Eve of October.. and the church! 👻🙈🖤

“The Sin” – a captivating and controversial painting created by Heinrich Lossow in 1880. This intriguing artwork alludes to the notorious Banquet of Chestnut, an event that still stirs debate and speculation today. Although some dismiss it as mere rumor, the banquet’s story – filled with shocking details and licentious behavior – has captured the imagination of many over the centuries.

On October 30th, 1501, former Cardinal Cesare Borgia, son of Pope Alexander VI, supposedly hosted a decadent dinner party. The evening’s entertainment, as chronicled by Johann Burchard, featured naked courtesans crawling around amid candelabras, collecting chestnuts using only their mouths. As if that weren’t scandalous enough, prizes were given to those guests who engaged in intimate acts with the courtesans most frequently. Talk about pushing the boundaries!

Interestingly, Lossow’s painting focuses on the sexual aspect of the banquet rather than the chestnut-gathering courtesans. The exact reason for this artistic choice remains a mystery. It’s important to note that the Banquet of Chestnut’s existence is primarily supported by Burchard’s Latin diary, Liber Notarum, and its validity has been a subject of much debate.

According to Burchard, the banquet was held at Cesare’s apartments in the Palazzo Apostolico, with fifty courtesans present to entertain the guests. In his diary, he vividly describes the scene, providing the only known written account of this infamous event:

“On the evening of the last day of October 1501, Cesare Borgia arranged a feast at his chambers in the Vatican with ‘fifty honest prostitutes,’ called courtesans, who danced in the afternoon with servants and other people present, first in their clothes and then naked. After dinner, candelabra with burning candles were removed from the tables and laid on the floor, and around were scattered chestnuts, which the courtesans picked up, while Papa, Cesare, and his sister Lucretia watched. Giving prizes to those who could perform the act often with courtesans. The winners were awarded with tunics of silk, shoes, and other things.”

Despite Burchard’s detailed account, modern scholars have cast doubt on the story of the Chestnut Banquet, questioning its plausibility and pointing out that it appears only in his memoirs.

Lossow’s painting, depicting this salacious tale, caused quite the uproar when it was unveiled. The artist faced harsh criticism from both art critics and the general public, and even the Church condemned him for his brazen portrayal of such sinful activities.

In the end, the truth about the Banquet of Chestnut may never be fully revealed. But one thing is certain: Lossow’s “The Sin” continues to captivate and intrigue us, inviting us to ponder the scandalous events it so vividly portrays.

TL: DR

So, this Banquet of Chestnuts. Hosted by Cesare Borgia (he was a cardinal and son of Pope Alexander VI), he supposedly invited 50 prostitutes to this banquet, where there were prizes to be won.. For most sexual acts, creative acts.. And so on..

A very chirper and fun loving man, who wanted to have a (Halloween?) party! 🙈

Well... So.. there is a story about this painting.. about one Eve.. The last Eve of October.. and the church! 👻🙈🖤

“The Sin” – a captivating and controversial painting created by Heinrich Lossow in 1880. This intriguing artwork alludes to the notorious Banquet of Chestnut, an event that still stirs debate and speculation today. Although some dismiss it as mere rumor, the banquet’s story – filled with shocking details and licentious behavior – has captured the imagination of many over the centuries.

On October 30th, 1501, former Cardinal Cesare Borgia, son of Pope Alexander VI, supposedly hosted a decadent dinner party. The evening’s entertainment, as chronicled by Johann Burchard, featured naked courtesans crawling around amid candelabras, collecting chestnuts using only their mouths. As if that weren’t scandalous enough, prizes were given to those guests who engaged in intimate acts with the courtesans most frequently. Talk about pushing the boundaries!

Interestingly, Lossow’s painting focuses on the sexual aspect of the banquet rather than the chestnut-gathering courtesans. The exact reason for this artistic choice remains a mystery. It’s important to note that the Banquet of Chestnut’s existence is primarily supported by Burchard’s Latin diary, Liber Notarum, and its validity has been a subject of much debate.

According to Burchard, the banquet was held at Cesare’s apartments in the Palazzo Apostolico, with fifty courtesans present to entertain the guests. In his diary, he vividly describes the scene, providing the only known written account of this infamous event:

“On the evening of the last day of October 1501, Cesare Borgia arranged a feast at his chambers in the Vatican with ‘fifty honest prostitutes,’ called courtesans, who danced in the afternoon with servants and other people present, first in their clothes and then naked. After dinner, candelabra with burning candles were removed from the tables and laid on the floor, and around were scattered chestnuts, which the courtesans picked up, while Papa, Cesare, and his sister Lucretia watched. Giving prizes to those who could perform the act often with courtesans. The winners were awarded with tunics of silk, shoes, and other things.”

Despite Burchard’s detailed account, modern scholars have cast doubt on the story of the Chestnut Banquet, questioning its plausibility and pointing out that it appears only in his memoirs.

Lossow’s painting, depicting this salacious tale, caused quite the uproar when it was unveiled. The artist faced harsh criticism from both art critics and the general public, and even the Church condemned him for his brazen portrayal of such sinful activities.

In the end, the truth about the Banquet of Chestnut may never be fully revealed. But one thing is certain: Lossow’s “The Sin” continues to captivate and intrigue us, inviting us to ponder the scandalous events it so vividly portrays.

TL: DR

So, this Banquet of Chestnuts. Hosted by Cesare Borgia (he was a cardinal and son of Pope Alexander VI), he supposedly invited 50 prostitutes to this banquet, where there were prizes to be won.. For most sexual acts, creative acts.. And so on..

A very chirper and fun loving man, who wanted to have a (Halloween?) party! 🙈
I think I've just found fodder for my next sermon! 😄

• Haha
Reactions: Cat
Today one of the guys from my local game store posted that he's looking for players to get a game of Good Society: a Jane Austen RPG going.
I have never heard of this game, but I giddily signed right the fuck up!

good society.jpg

Back