Wisconsin, anyone?

Enjoy the fine beverages from New Glarus Brewery, which doesn't ship outside of the state. You'll love them.

I cheer for the Badgers...does that count? :D

Hope you have fun in Madtown, Nerdy!

Hey everyone!

Been a busy last couple months, and I haven't been around. In ten days I am moving to Wisconsin from my country and I'm a bit curious to see if there's anyone around here who can recommend places to see or fun things to do!

Thanks for the help! :D

Xx
NB:rose:

I'm from the state of WI. Actually have lived all over the state due to schooling, where I originally grew up and now live. There isn't much to do in WI during the winter unless you enjoy being out in the cold and playing in the snow. If you're into skiing, snowmobiling, ice skating/hockey then you're going to be bored until April when the temperature actually creeps up towards 50 and it's tolerable outside. Why do you think we drink so much in this state. We need to do something inside. Oh yeah I forgot that during the winter time, our official state sport is bowling. It's not too hard to throw a heavy ball down a wooden lane to try to knock down some pins and then go back to your seat where you can continue drinking!

Good luck with your move to the Madison area. You shouldn't have too hard of time fitting into the area. It's a great college town where they like to party and drink a lot. I'll be down there doing that myself at the end of February in Madison. If you have other questions about our lovely state, feel free to send me a PM and I'll gladly answer any questions that you have. Otherwise I'm sure if you post your questions on the WI thread, they will get answered.

The first thing you're gonna want to do is buy yourself a nice heavy winter coat, gloves/mittens, stocking cap, warm boots and a scarf as usually about the 3rd week of January we will get blasted with really really really cold weather. The type of weather that you wonder if global warming really exists (high temps for the day doesn't get above 0 deg F). Just a fair warning.

Enjoy your time in WI. Hopefully you're able to stick it out long enough to enjoy our spring, summer and autumn(fall) seasons.

Enjoy the fine beverages from New Glarus Brewery, which doesn't ship outside of the state. You'll love them.

I'll make sure to check it out! Thanks!

I cheer for the Badgers...does that count? :D

Hope you have fun in Madtown, Nerdy!

Thanks!

I'm from the state of WI. Actually have lived all over the state due to schooling, where I originally grew up and now live. There isn't much to do in WI during the winter unless you enjoy being out in the cold and playing in the snow.....

Thanks for all the good tips! I'll keep it in mind!!! :D

depends on what you mean by tips i guess :)

and just research? well I did check your pic thread to find them all removed......whats up with that? ;)

Well I dont like leaving my pics up on the internet for too long!

The first thing you're gonna want to do is buy yourself a nice heavy winter coat, gloves/mittens, stocking cap, warm boots and a scarf as usually about the 3rd week of January we will get blasted with really really really cold weather. The type of weather that you wonder if global warming really exists (high temps for the day doesn't get above 0 deg F). Just a fair warning.]
like Fan said, make sure you have warm clothes with you, is not the same like in Argentine :p Keep warm :)

Hey everyone!

Been a busy last couple months, and I haven't been around. In ten days I am moving to Wisconsin from my country and I'm a bit curious to see if there's anyone around here who can recommend places to see or fun things to do!

Thanks for the help! :D

Xx
NB:rose:

WOOT, you'll be in the states, happy dance!

I'm from the state of WI. Actually have lived all over the state due to schooling, where I originally grew up and now live. There isn't much to do in WI during the winter unless you enjoy being out in the cold and playing in the snow.

She'll just have to make sure she goes out and gets plowed now and then :)

Good morning sexy friend.

Lovely pics in your profile. Welcome to Lit..................

if all the women in Wisconsin are as sexy as you I am moving there tomorrow ;)

Welcome to Madison! What brings you here? The university, perhaps?

i'm basically at the center of the state. it's where all the cold air comes after it gets done hanging around in other parts of the state. i think last year we had -36° on a couple nights...

so a chilly welcome to the great state of wisconsin!

Back