Why Are All Of My Comments Held For Review?

At one point months ago, I crossed the line into instant comments. I have no idea why or how. Before that, my comments could take more than 24 hours to get published. It's just one more facet of Lit that works in a covert way. The best guess I can give is to keep commenting on stories, and if your comments do not contain anything offensive, you should eventually cross into instant comments. It was either that or complaining about it that did it for me 😁

Keep in mind that when you comment, even if you were granted the privilege of instant commenting, your comment will need to pass through moderation if you choose to post the comment as "Anonymous"
'I have no idea why or how. Before that, my comments could take more than 24 hours to get published.'
The first thing that sprung to mind was time zone related. It's just a guess but I assume (I know, I know!) the moderators are all based in US. I also assume they need to sleep/work/whatever as well. And looking at it from a moderator's point of view 'do I really want to leave the comments page open while I catch a few zzz'eds?' :rolleyes:. Add to that, WE all know how unruly you bunch in the OTHER hemisphere can be!;)

'I have no idea why or how. Before that, my comments could take more than 24 hours to get published.'
The first thing that sprung to mind was time zone related. It's just a guess but I assume (I know, I know!) the moderators are all based in US. I also assume they need to sleep/work/whatever as well. And looking at it from a moderator's point of view 'do I really want to leave the comments page open while I catch a few zzz'eds?' :rolleyes:. Add to that, WE all know how unruly you bunch in the OTHER hemisphere can be!;)
No, it's not time zone related.

It's to do with moving off from a "maybe naughty" list. I'm in Oz, my comments post immediately, because I'm part of the furniture. The bots know me.

No, it's not time zone related.

It's to do with moving off from a "maybe naughty" list. I'm in Oz, my comments post immediately, because I'm part of the furniture. The bots know me.
Huh, did not know that. Apart from my first comment on here, they post immediately. As for the 'naughty list' does that include having your stories sent back? Laurel normally sends every second one of mine back with a stern warning, surprised I haven't been booted out, still always admit my mistakes and add a 'sorry won't do it again or 'til next time.':)

Huh, did not know that. Apart from my first comment on here, they post immediately. As for the 'naughty list' does that include having your stories sent back? Laurel normally sends every second one of mine back with a stern warning, surprised I haven't been booted out, still always admit my mistakes and add a 'sorry won't do it again or 'til next time.':)
The parameters are changing over time. My comments went to "post immediately"" a couple of years ago, but newer members are reporting delays, until their Comments post immediately. There are clearly several different lanes.

I suspect the Story Submission watch list records send-backs for whatever reason, so bots know what they're looking for. These threads used to be mostly about content, then crap grammar and punctuation, but for the last six months it's been the suspicion of being written by AI. Once that gets sorted out properly, I suspect we'll go back to the monthly, "Does this breach the content rules?" queries - where the answer is nearly always, "Yes."

for the last six months it's been the suspicion of being written by AI
That happened to me and I wouldn't even know where to begin with AI. I don't even use Grammerly (or whatever it's called). I'm not sure if I should be flattered that the bots thought my writing was too good for a human creator or if I should be upset that the bots thought my writing was so bland and derivative. 😛

That happened to me and I wouldn't even know where to begin with AI. I don't even use Grammerly (or whatever it's called). I'm not sure if I should be flattered that the bots thought my writing was too good for a human creator or if I should be upset that the bots thought my writing was so bland and derivative. 😛
The thing is, Freya, you can write. It's that indefinable something, that's obvious right from the start.

Back