Why Are All Of My Comments Held For Review?

Some of my comments go up immediately, and some get held for a while... I've been around for a few years, and I haven't had any issues since I realized how strict the over-18 rule is after my first two stories. 😉

I think the only instant comments that happen to me are on my own stories. I could be wrong, but I don't think so! (Oh, Crap, Randy Newman's sing that damn Monk song is in frigging head now)

Whenever you start out, your comments are held for review. It happens to everyone. After you pass some threshold of posting comments without being flagged as doing bad shit, you get onto a “nice list” and your comments post almost immediately.

I’m on the “nice list” a) as I’m obviously super nice 😬 and b) because I try to reply to all comments and so rack up a lot of them.

Be a good girl and you will get on the “nice list” too someday 😊

Emily
but but but, BAD GIRLS ARE THE BEST!!

I've read that anonymous comments are held for review and comments from naughty folks are held for review. I don't comment anonymously and I (hope) I'm not on the naughty list. Is it because I'm new here? I've been here for three months and have published twenty stores and have interacted -- without issues -- a decent amount. Does anyone know why all of my comments are being reviewed? Even on my own stories. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thanks!!
Mine are too... but comments that I leave on MY stories are not. They pop right up

And BOOM! I can comment on my own stories instantaneously!!! Yay!!!! Now, to see if I can comment on other stories without having them held for review!!

And BOOM! I can comment on my own stories instantaneously!!! Yay!!!! Now, to see if I can comment on other stories without having them held for review!!
If it helps, you already have such permission from me far as I’m concerned. I can’t approve your comments here before they post since I’m not a site moderator, but if you keep up the same quality of comments on my AO3 site, where I do have such power, your reviews will always be welcome. ;)

I think I also got insta-comment privileges since this thread started.

How closely does Laurel monitor the forums?

I'm cute?

true-498-x-273-gif-ybmo1hvrdeue0sdp.gif

I know understand what I've been doing wrong. Thank you for your wisdom. I shall add "cute" to my to-do-list!

Summoning-Circle.png

Oh great @Laurel, Mama of Kitties, we summon thee to ask for instantaneous comments on stories. In return, we offer eternal appreciation, chocolate milk, an IKEA gift card, and a half-eaten gas station burrito. (Sorry, we were low on funds! We blew most of our budget on animal masks and capes.)

I feel like what little time she has for the Forum side probably goes here, in the AH and other places like that.

The stories are her first love.

Closer than people think, I suspect, based on subtle little things like that. Coincidence, maybe... maybe not.

I always imagine her as the Phantom, but with a cat's eye mask and a better figure. Living in an urban jungle.

Beats me. I figure Laurel is too busy with everything, so I certainly don't want to message her or anything, but just in case Laurel is watching...

Laurel, I cannot tell you how excited I am that I started publishing on this site! Thank you for all that you do!!! Truly!!!!!
Seconded. I say that after over twenty years here.

Great. To all of the millions of things that frighten me in this scary world, I can now add @Devinter to my list! This is just lovely.

On a related note, did they draw the pentagram with a squeeze tube of vanilla frosting?

Regrettably, the real-life version of myself is far more frightening than that image. 😅 And I assume that the pentagram is made up of either ghostly ectoplasm, the collected semen of a thousand virgins, or the essence of Walmart turned into creamy form. Whichever of the three they found it easiest to acquire.

I've read that anonymous comments are held for review and comments from naughty folks are held for review. I don't comment anonymously and I (hope) I'm not on the naughty list. Is it because I'm new here? I've been here for three months and have published twenty stores and have interacted -- without issues -- a decent amount. Does anyone know why all of my comments are being reviewed? Even on my own stories. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thanks!!
My comments are also held. I think it’s standard practice.

Back