Whose Erotica is it Anyway?

TheRedChamber

Apprentice
Okay, I'm bored, stuck in a rut, haven't published anything for months, and want to make writing fun and stop taking my creative process so seriously.

Thus I'm going to do an experiment in erotica improvision. I'm going to try crowd-sourcing the basic plot, characters, locations, events, sexual action, and so on from the AH, perhaps even including paragraphs or dialogue offered up by fellow writers.

Some rules:

The answers to my simple questions will be decided by a dice roll from the first six answers.
Longer and more complex ideas will be chosen by whichever suggestions I like best.
Once I've made a decision I'll post the result and ask the next question.
I may offer 'winners' of suggestions the opportunity to contribute prose or dialogue - this is completely optional. If rejected I'll throw it open to the board in general.
I reserve the right to ignore obviously trolling or nonsensical answers (e.g. putting my story in the Gay category then forcing all the characters to be female)
Ideas and prose are likely to change as I stitch things together and try to make things workable.
I'm going to try to keep the story between 3-9k words and this may involve trimming or discarding as the process goes on.

Ok, here we go...

Question One: (by dice roll)

Which category should the story go in?

1. Erotic Horror (AlinaX)
2. Exhibitionist/Voyeur (djmac)
3. Fetish (Erozetta)
4. Romance (Omenainen)
5. Erotic Couplings (Rustyoznail)
6. NonHuman (Altissimus)

Last edited:
We disrobed in the moonlit forest and sucked each other's talons while murmuring sweet nothings and thought of kisses past and future.

Ok, so to keep it random, I used the 32 categories on the stories page. Using a random number generator, I picked 6 - Erotic Couplings.

And the first decision is...

3. Fetish (Erozetta)
4. Romance (Omenainen)
6. NonHuman (Altissimus)

Somehow the crazy randomization is still giving me the most vanilla category, but, hey, I'll make it work.

Question Two: (by dice rolls)

What is the setting for the story? Give me a city/region and then general place (e.g. school, hospital, place of business etc) One dice roll for each...

1. New Orleans, Graveyard (Erozetta)
2. Antarctic, Research Station (Bamagan)
3. Jeddah, Fireworks Festival (Rustioznail)
4. London, The Underground (AlinaX)
5. Germany, Nudist Colony (Omenainen)
6. Buenos Aires, A Hotel (Jackie O Hikaru)

Last edited:
Okay, I'm bored, stuck in a rut, haven't published anything for months, and want to make writing fun and stop taking my creative process so seriously.

Thus I'm going to do an experiment in erotica improvision. I'm going to try crowd-sourcing the basic plot, characters, locations, events, sexual action, and so on from the AH, perhaps even including paragraphs or dialogue offered up by fellow writers.

Some rules:

The answers to my simple questions will be decided by a dice roll from the first six answers.
Longer and more complex ideas will be chosen by whichever suggestions I like best.
Once I've made a decision I'll post the result and ask the next question.
I may offer 'winners' of suggestions the opportunity to contribute prose or dialogue - this is completely optional. If rejected I'll throw it open to the board in general.
I reserve the right to ignore obviously trolling or nonsensical answers (e.g. putting my story in the Gay category then forcing all the characters to be female)
Ideas and prose are likely to change as I stitch things together and try to make things workable.
I'm going to try to keep the story between 3-9k words and this may involve trimming or discarding as the process goes on.
Amusingly, I have a spreadsheet fetish-picker that randomizes several thousand permutations of possible kinks that I use to spark inspiration. My own way of coping with the same problem, or a similar problem, as the one you are lamenting.

And the first decision is...

3. Fetish (Erozetta)
4. Romance (Omenainen)
6. NonHuman (Altissimus)

Somehow the crazy randomization is still giving me the most vanilla category, but, hey, I'll make it work.

What is the setting for the story? Give me a city/region and then general place (e.g. school, hospital, place of business etc) One dice roll for each...
Antarctica, Weddell Sea/Halley VI Research Station (I think I misunderstood; if they're being rolled separately, I suppose treat the second one as a generic science lab if it's not in Antarctica)

Hey, it could have been worse. Illustrated was in the mix. 😋

Running the same concept, I randomly picked 'J', then using a list of cities with over 50,000 I selected Jeddah.

From the first page of TripAdvisor's list of things to do in Jeddah, I picked 28 - Jeddah summer festival fireworks.

I'm thinking my RNG has a romantic streak...

Last edited:

1. New Orleans, Graveyard (Erozetta)
2. Antarctic, Research Station (Bamagan)
3. Jeddah, Fireworks Festival (Rustioznail)
4. London, The Underground (AlinaX)
5. Germany, Nudist Colony (Omenainen)
6. Buenos Aires, A Hotel (Jackie O Hikaru)

New Orleans doesn't have an Underground, but it does have street cars, so I'm taking that as the next best thing.

One clarification - I'm going to take the first six suggestions only as I'm going to use traditional dice. Sorry, Starfleet academy, too slow.... If you like someone elses idea and get in quickly enough, you can double up on it, meaning it gets two (or possibly even more...) sides of the dice.

The story so far

1. The category is Erotic Coupling
2. The New Orleans Street Car system.

This sure seems like a historical story so...

Question Three: (by dice roll)

Give me the year in which the story takes place.

2160 - and let's imagine that's exactly when the Age of Aquarius begins!

Back