When your story TAKES OFF…

Emilymcplugger

Deviant but Romantic
So I was meant to finish THE PROCESS but got sidetracked into a small 50,000 six part story CARRY ON CRUISING which was more of a throwaway thing, but I’m MY GOD! The response compared to other stories has been stratospheric! The comments, the scores, the amount of engagement and views.

I don’t know what I did right but just wish I could do it again.

I'm so far behind on reading, but you've certainly piqued my interest. I'll work on it.

Congrats though. Always a great feeling when your hard work pays off.

I'm so far behind on reading, but you've certainly piqued my interest. I'll work on it.

Congrats though. Always a great feeling when your hard work pays off.
It only took about 6 weeks. One chapter a week and people are really enjoying it, which is fantastic.

It’s such a weird feeling, the immediacy of reactions. Very new, but incredibly welcome.

So I was meant to finish THE PROCESS but got sidetracked into a small 50,000 six part story CARRY ON CRUISING which was more of a throwaway thing, but I’m MY GOD! The response compared to other stories has been stratospheric! The comments, the scores, the amount of engagement and views.

I don’t know what I did right but just wish I could do it again.
It's a buzz when that happens, for sure. It's impossible to predict what will catch a collective of readers, when they flock like starlings in the sky. There's got to be some kind of group mind thing going on.

Of course, in some categories, it's more like sheep or a shoal of herring, so you take what you get! :)

I struggle to quite "get" why my highest rated and most enthusiastically received story is so. I think it's good, but there are several i like more.

It's a bit nerve wracking, actually, because I'm about to post a sequel after several years, and really hoping i managed to recapture this magic that I've never entirely understood

I struggle to quite "get" why my highest rated and most enthusiastically received story is so. I think it's good, but there are several i like more.

It's a bit nerve wracking, actually, because I'm about to post a sequel after several years, and really hoping i managed to recapture this magic that I've never entirely understood
I come from photography, and it's extremely common for the pictures that you, as the photographer, love the most and that you put the most energy into land with a whimper. But the pictures that are simple snap shots with almost no effort put into them, those are what viewers respond to.

On my flickr, my most viewed pictures are mysteries to me. Why do the viewers respond to those pictures?

Part of it is that you have an emotional investment in what you are most proud of and what you've put the most effort into. So, you expect others to recognize that effort and to feel similar to it as you do. But people coming to it cold have no expectations. They have no baggage with it, and the reception will tell you what they think of it.

Another thing is that the quickies that you just throw together, IMO, you are tapping into whatever latent talent that you have. You go on reflex and you don't over agonize over every word. Sometimes that produces work that resonates. But sometimes not.

After not publishing for over fifteen months I pushed out "Say Hell Yes to the Dress" followed by "Friends with Benefits" and "Everybody needs good neigbours" (and yes, the typo in the title annoys the hell out of me) two of which which are now among my highest rated stories.
"Friends with Benefits" I published in Loving Wives because I wanted to see if the readership would be higher than other categories, which it was by quite a lot. "Everybody needs good neigbours" went in Group Sex where after a week it's my highest rated story outside LW with (as of 26/10/23) nearly 18000 views.
What surprises me is that I don't think any of them are my 'best' work but two are by a long way among my most popular.

After not publishing for over fifteen months I pushed out "Say Hell Yes to the Dress" followed by "Friends with Benefits" and "Everybody needs good neigbours" (and yes, the typo in the title annoys the hell out of me) two of which which are now among my highest rated stories.
"Friends with Benefits" I published in Loving Wives because I wanted to see if the readership would be higher than other categories, which it was by quite a lot. "Everybody needs good neigbours" went in Group Sex where after a week it's my highest rated story outside LW with (as of 26/10/23) nearly 18000 views.
What surprises me is that I don't think any of them are my 'best' work but two are by a long way among my most popular.
I think part of a quick story benefit is your on pantser mode and just getting it down quick and out (ooh-er madam) and so that speed of thought and delivery transfers to the page.

Also well done on those 18,000 views on Group. That’s decent.

I am definitely enjoying CoC, though I have not had time to finish it.

I can never tell whether a story will catch fire or not. Ones I think are mediocre can sometimes be a huge hit, while others that I craft what I think is beautifully, get panned... or worse, ignored.

I opened Part 1, and it looks interesting, the type of swinger stories I enjoy. I'll read it in my spare time over the next few days.

I see from the opening author note you were inspired by others on a web site trying to organize such a cruise. Did you do much research on them?

There's a site "ToplessTravel" dot com which does that.
Not really. The funny thing is me and my tother half (in comparison to what I write) have had zero erotic adventures (ish) like this, but judging by the comments I get you’d never think it.

😂🤣😆

Not really. The funny thing is me and my tother half (in comparison to what I write) have had zero erotic adventures (ish) like this, but judging by the comments I get you’d never think it.

😂🤣😆
Good start with Part 1, and I gave it a 5. I'll continue with the rest of the story.

One tech glitch: Imagine how some men might react (or overreact) if another guy walks up to his wife and gives her a passionate kiss. That can quickly cause DRAMA.

Those cruises are booked as "hotel takeovers" where the ship or hotel staff are aware of what the couples are there for, and all couples are booking through the same agency. That prevents such awkward encounters when someone might be unaware and surprised by things they don't want to see or do. Any newcomers to such events would at least be required to attend a briefing of "do's and don'ts" and told the protocols to reduce potential drama. The one primary rule always advertised would be: "No means NO!" Another is "Always ask permission to join in." (But even then, there are some places where everyone entering know it's a "free for all".)

In some cases, there may be limited attendance, and they open it up to "vanilla" couples (non-swingers, also known as "prudes"), but the hotel or cruise would carefully restrict where the players are (ie. rooms or floor assignments) and insist on the rules restricting nudity or sexual activity in public areas.

BUT you at least picked up on that with Terance saying "You're not supposed to be here."

Good start with Part 1, and I gave it a 5. I'll continue with the rest of the story.

One tech glitch: Imagine how some men might react (or overreact) if another guy walks up to his wife and gives her a passionate kiss. That can quickly cause DRAMA.

Those cruises are booked as "hotel takeovers" where the ship or hotel staff are aware of what the couples are there for, and all couples are booking through the same agency. That prevents such awkward encounters when someone might be unaware and surprised by things they don't want to see or do. Any newcomers to such events would at least be required to attend a briefing of "do's and don'ts" and told the protocols to reduce potential drama. The one primary rule always advertised would be: "No means NO!" Another is "Always ask permission to join in." (But even then, there are some places where everyone entering know it's a "free for all".)

In some cases, there may be limited attendance, and they open it up to "vanilla" couples (non-swingers, also known as "prudes"), but the hotel or cruise would carefully restrict where the players are (ie. rooms or floor assignments) and insist on the rules restricting nudity or sexual activity in public areas.

BUT you at least picked up on that with Terance saying "You're not supposed to be here."
It’s never implied but I saw Terence as very much RDJ from Oppenheimer in his delivery and appearance (but taller).

The kiss is why it was Anne giving it and not T. Whilst it’s not on people tend to give passes to women they probably shouldn’t do.

It’s never implied but I saw Terence as very much RDJ from Oppenheimer in his delivery and appearance (but taller).

The kiss is why it was Anne giving it and not T. Whilst it’s not on people tend to give passes to women they probably shouldn’t do.
Good that you caught that. I'll be interested to see how you have this playing out.

There are some behaviors which can cause violent overreactions in one or the other of a couple when jealousy intervenes. And one of the warnings given to such swinger party attenders is "NO DRAMA!" Everyone there is there to have fun, and anyone who is not should leave.

I liked that you mentioned the jealousy part of the interaction between M&M in Part 2.

I'm into Part 3 now.
1. Most swinger couples (particularly on a sellout cruise are unlikely to try seducing a prude couple. There are so many other options available with less potential drama. Other swingers would be open to discussing it, but not actively seducing.
2. Buoyancy is not a limiting factor for scuba diving as much as it would be for snorkeling, even with full face masks. His lack of buoyancy indicates a low Body Mass Index, or more muscle to fat ratio. Divers us buoyancy compensator vests. And all divers need lead weights to submerge, so his lack of buoyancy just means fewer lead weights are needed.

But still a great story.

Back