What's your mood today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
vella_ms said:
i've requested to teach disadvantaged women how to work with computers. it most probably wont happen until september, but im hoping itll all pan out.
I :heart: you, Vella-la-la.

minsue said:
I :heart: you, Vella-la-la.

Excuse me......?????? :cool:
Something you should be telling me, woman??

;) :kiss:

One small task complete, which has taken hours. Beauracracy again. But its done. Lunch now, and then this afternoon, a real splurge on the last of the packing and clearing.

Hope all are having a good day.

matriarch said:
Excuse me......?????? :cool:
Something you should be telling me, woman??

;) :kiss:

One small task complete, which has taken hours. Beauracracy again. But its done. Lunch now, and then this afternoon, a real splurge on the last of the packing and clearing.

Hope all are having a good day.

Beauracracy is the asshole of the world. :p

I haven't slept in almost 24 hours. I'm feeling giddy. :D

Hey All,

Matski, Cant wait till you and Min are back in the US, the reception is much better when you type from the south! lmao

Nirvana, Glad you had a great birthday, makes the next one much more barable. Happy 30th!

Imp, Least the hubby keeps you fed! lmao, I tell my girlfriend that even if he was screwing around, thats one job I dont have to do for him! lol Oh well, men will be men. I have decided though, if I were ever to leave him, it would be for a woman. No way in hell am I training another man how to live with a woman. A woman already knows! Enjoy your ME time.

Vell, good luck with Kat's issues, arent teenagers fun! Want to include that Im proud of you wanting to help other women take a step towards success and freedom. :rose:

Entitled, I have a coffee maker you can have, I like instant better. lol Hope you didnt get burnt :rose:

Lil'red, Have a great day beautiful, dont rush too much, it isnt worth it.

Min, We love you too! :heart:

My mood, well, little happier, the painting is almost done. Still lots to do today but the end of the week is coming and I wont be at work for over 10 days!!!
Still sick, last night was a buggar. Hubby got called in around 8pm, just got home and into bed at 11:30 when they called and asked if he was home yet. Of course he was, and off he went again. I managed to sleep until 12:30 when the coughing started. Awake with the eyes shut until 2:30, off and on up and down, water, pee, cough syrup etc. Hubby showed up at 2:45am and tucked himself into bed. All this took place after dealing with some yo-yo s at the Canadian Tire store in town.

It was funny, they had a great fan on 40% off, I went to the fans, no fans, just one empty box of the ones on sale. No idea as to where the fan ended up. Asked for assistance, they have two in the warehouse, Ill wait. Well Son drags me to the paintball stuff, asked if he could get a scope for his gun, No problem. We wait for someone to show up to help us. Guy comes, doesnt have the key for the cabinet, goes to find a manager. Comes back, no key the girl took it home, She will however be in today between 9-6. I said thats great, I work 9-6 how convienient. Now Im pissed. I head back to the cash girl that called to have the guy find us the fan. He finally shows up after she calls him twice. No fans, the inventory sheet said there was -2 fans in the store- How the hell can you have -2 fans? What ever! Im even more upset knowing how hard it was to sleep the last two nights at 28 degrees celcius and no breeze and add a cold on top of it. SO I go down to the fans once again, I grab a fan thats similar to the one I want, only its regularly 79$ instead of 84$. I bring it and the empty box back to the check out girl Ive been dealing with. I ask for her to page a manager, ANGRY MOM HAS ARRIVED!!!
He shows up, I say " This fan is on sale, there is no fan in the box, I would like said fan PLEASE!"
He comes back, "Madame, (first mistake!) I dont know where the fan is that is to be in this box."
Quickly I reply, "I have found this fan, can I get it for 49.99$ like the sale fan?"
He replies "No, its never been on sale, if it had I could but it hasnt so I cant!'
Angry Mom says " This is rediculous, I come in to get a fan thats only been on sale for 2 days, you are out of stock after Im told there are two in the store. You have no idea when the are back instock so I cant guarentee that a raincheck will get me a fan. As well, no one has a key for the sports cabinet for the other purchase I wanted to make! I have been burned so many times in this store its rediculous. It is getting to where I think, if you cant get a job at Tim Hortons (coffee shop) you certainly can get one at Canadian Tire!!!! You have a great night!"

Off to Walmart I go.
Pull in beside the parents with children spots which are right next to the handicapped spots to find a Dodge 4x4 straddling a line for both spots! Pisses me off and I say to the kids, this ass needs his truck Keyed! No handicapped license plate, or tag in the windshield.

Walk in, see the fan in the middle isle, exactly the same brand, for 10$ cheaper! Told the guy who was the assistant manager, how happy I was to find it out in the open and thanked him for answering my questions.

I walk out to the car, the person with the red dodge is loading HER groceries into her truck. NO she isnt pregnant- she had to be over 50, and she was walking and breathing just fine!! I quite loudly said to the kids as I was pulling out, must be nice to be so arrogant to take up valueable spaces on people who actually need to be closer to the store. I got a nasty look and off I went.

Just got home intime for hubby to go back to work.

Sorry for the novella, venting makes life a little better! lol
Have a great day everyone, lets hope it rains! Just enough to break the heat.
C

:heart: you Cealy.

Understand, especially about that parking thing. The walmart here has those spaces for pregnant people and those with small children. The teenagers park in them. It got so bad that the last time i was pregnant i wrote a letter to the local paper explaining that those spaces are there because if pregnancy were anything else, it would be truly dangerous. If, at any other time, a person were to gain over half their normal body weight in about 9 months' time, had to deal with hormonal fluctuations, retaining water, strange changes in diet, etc. that it would probably be considered a life threatening disease and that person would by hospitalized until cured of whatever it was. That it was beyond disrespectful to take a spot that really IS useful to those suffering from something like that (especially in summer in the south), and that it would be a good thing to put themselves in the shoes of those going through that.

It worked. Those parking spaces stayed clear for a good three or four months.

vella_ms said:
good news is that i've spoken to some people at work about teaching. i've requested to teach disadvantaged women how to work with computers. it most probably wont happen until september, but im hoping itll all pan out.

I really, really hope that works out because you'd be so good at that.

My mood today: um. Apprehensive.

*hugs for Caely*

I had a brother-in-law that worked for Wal-Mart and at the end of one of his shifts he got so pissed at people parking in the handicapped parking space that he just threw up his hands and said to hell with it. He took carts and encircled the vehicle with them. Every side and the front and back too. When the customer came out they were hot, needless to say... lol... but he'd clocked out and had seen this on his way out, so no one knew it was an employee or at least it was ignored by the employees if they saw him. The customer had to move all those carts to get to his vehicle.

RedHairedandFriendly said:
*hugs for Caely*

I had a brother-in-law that worked for Wal-Mart and at the end of one of his shifts he got so pissed at people parking in the handicapped parking space that he just threw up his hands and said to hell with it. He took carts and encircled the vehicle with them. Every side and the front and back too. When the customer came out they were hot, needless to say... lol... but he'd clocked out and had seen this on his way out, so no one knew it was an employee or at least it was ignored by the employees if they saw him. The customer had to move all those carts to get to his vehicle.

You know, if when I saw her in the store shopping and she was limping, or on oxygen, or seeming short of breath, Id never thought anything more of it. But she was walking around enjoying her peaceful time shopping. Some times people have short term injuries, or even after surgery they should be given temperary handicapped stickers say for 6 weeks, the usual time drs say to stay off work etc. But this lady was in the clothing section where I was looking at shorts, bending, twisting and leaning into her cart. Do i think there was anything wrong with her, Absolutely not!

Right now my dad has MS the same kind I have, he is to the point his balance is off, and needs to use a walker on wheels and gets short winded quickly. He isnt 'ill enough' to have a wheelchair or a handicapped sticker yet the drs say. So my mom has to guide him sometimes half a parking lot from the door, because you know, you arent allowed to stop infront of the store, its a fire route!
Thanks for the hugs guys, Im feeling better already.
C

Happy that we're finally making some progress on Kat's situation. We've still got a way to go, but we're edging closer all the time. The two little ones are home with me and I think we're going to find something to do today to get the heck out of the house.

I'm feeling really nostalgic today. I miss all those that were here for our Litogether and even some that weren't. I'd love to just walk to the other room and flirt with Imp, or head out back and sit on Mat's lap for some laughs, or dance with Logo when a fun song comes on, or find a dark corner with sophia jane ... :devil:. I miss my Min so very much, I swear we're twins separated at birth. Miss the guys and all the laughs we had together. I miss cruising through a room and seeing Becca laughing and dancing, loved watching ent do the cool henna thing... *sigh* I really just miss everyone being together and the commeraderie we share.

Mostly today, I'm exceedingly proud of my wife. She's stretched to the limits with her two jobs already, not to mention all she does for our children and around the house, but she feels really strongly about teaching women that really need computer skills and giving them a hand up. I love her strength, conviction, and her very huge heart.

:heart:

~lucky

lucky - :heart:
You guys well get it together. You're all just awesome that way.

mood: sudden high. :cathappy:

*hugs and kisses all round*

I hope everyone's days are progressing well :kiss:

I'm doing good, home alone today and I've gotten lots of work done,which is good but I miss my hubby and baby so much it's daft. they've only been out since 9am *L* It's just too quiet in here though*L*

Last edited:
lucky-E-leven said:
Happy that we're finally making some progress on Kat's situation. We've still got a way to go, but we're edging closer all the time. The two little ones are home with me and I think we're going to find something to do today to get the heck out of the house.

I'm feeling really nostalgic today. I miss all those that were here for our Litogether and even some that weren't. I'd love to just walk to the other room and flirt with Imp, or head out back and sit on Mat's lap for some laughs, or dance with Logo when a fun song comes on, or find a dark corner with sophia jane ... :devil:. I miss my Min so very much, I swear we're twins separated at birth. Miss the guys and all the laughs we had together. I miss cruising through a room and seeing Becca laughing and dancing, loved watching ent do the cool henna thing... *sigh* I really just miss everyone being together and the commeraderie we share.

Mostly today, I'm exceedingly proud of my wife. She's stretched to the limits with her two jobs already, not to mention all she does for our children and around the house, but she feels really strongly about teaching women that really need computer skills and giving them a hand up. I love her strength, conviction, and her very huge heart.

~lucky

I love you and V so so much. And I know what you mean about getting nostalgic. Can't wait to come back!

lucky-E-leven said:
Indeed. :heart: :kiss:

~lucky
Your wife rawks. :heart:

So do you, BTW. :heart:

lucky-E-leven said:

~lucky

I know what you mean. Feeling very nostalgic about the love shack meet, and the holiday a year ago in P-town, especially as the day we move in to our new home (this coming Saturday), is exactly one year to the day that Min and I met.

It HAS to be a good omen. :D :heart:

matriarch said:
I know what you mean. Feeling very nostalgic about the love shack meet, and the holiday a year ago in P-town, especially as the day we move in to our new home (this coming Saturday), is exactly one year to the day that Min and I met.

It HAS to be a good omen. :D :heart:

Agreed -- about the nostalgia & about the omen.

Hard to believe it was almost a year ago that we met in DC. As you said, LOTS has happened in that year.

*snort* I remember passing you my phone so you could talk to another AHer while I did a couple laps around the Lincoln Memorial trying to find the right route out of DC toward our hotel.

impressive said:
Agreed -- about the nostalgia & about the omen.

Hard to believe it was almost a year ago that we met in DC. As you said, LOTS has happened in that year.

*snort* I remember passing you my phone so you could talk to another AHer while I did a couple laps around the Lincoln Memorial trying to find the right route out of DC toward our hotel.

Mat got you lost, too then ;)

*chuckles*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back