What's for dinner?

Thick vegetable turkey soup w/no bread or crackers. There' a mashed banana sandwich w/mayo on the agenda for a late night snack w/iced tea.

Leftovers of some kind.
We do leftovers on Thursdays, holdovers from when my wife and I were children, living in families with little money.

Roasted acorn squash and a pork chop with stone ground mustard. It was excellent. It's amazing how sweet roasted acorn squash can be.

Fishy burgers.

Take fish sticks, salad, mayo, cheese and pickles, trap the ingredients between two freshly toasted halves of a roll and devour them in the messiest way possible.

We're lazy today.

Good Friday, so no meat.
Cheese, bean, and rice burritos for me, fish for the rest of the family.

Simple, easy fare tonight - a cup of canned beef soup with barley and chickpeas, a handful of sweet potato French fries, and a scoop of ice cream. Getting over a little illness.

WFD? I volunteered to cook tonight, but I might not have the strength the shiitake-and-bok-choy masterpiece demands right now, so we'll probably rip steaming flesh from a CostCo roast chicken, smother salad poured from a bag with creamy dressing, open a bottle of pink wine, and call it good. Lazy-daze.

A boo boo! I made a casserole of beef, potatoes, mushrooms, cheese and green beans but the potatoes aren't done.

Tonight I reprise my famous Bok Choy with Shiitake Mushrooms with Evergood pineapple-chicken sausages and black rice accompanying, lubricated by a 2013 White Doe. Y'all may express envy now.

EDIT: I should have sliced the bok choy lengthwise into quarters. And I stir-fry it till it's tender, not just a bit limp. Shiitakes should be sliced about 1/4 inch or 1/2 cm thick. Mmm-mmm-good.

Last edited:
It was a weird dinner - bologna, cheese, a brioche roll with butter, and cabbage salad. You know, scrounging leftovers.

Back