What pissed you off today? Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
After yesterday's fall, I have a sore calf and a massively swollen elbow, plus a stubborn piece of gravel in my palm that I think I will have to take a razor to before it comes out :mad:

Walking out to do a bunch of things, same relative that can never decide to help or ignore me pulls car up alongside me & points into parking lot we're approaching.

Gives me ride to do what I was going to do first, & drops me off. Then, lets me spend time alone for a while, before we go to eat (separate bills), & they take me to store for groceries, etc... Get in same checkout line right behind me, & "help" me put my things on counter. When we're both done there, "help" again to take things from trunk to residence, where they "help" me put things away. (Wondering how many things I bought today I won't be able to locate all month.)

I caught myself *flouncing* over something petty, which threw me into the same pot.

After yesterday's fall, I have a sore calf and a massively swollen elbow, plus a stubborn piece of gravel in my palm that I think I will have to take a razor to before it comes out :mad:
Ouch! You have my sympathy. I believe that lots of pampering is in order. :D

My most recent running injury is a large lump on my left shin (the bruising has subsided now), which I endured when I ran into a bench. To be fair, it wasn't as silly of me as it sounded, as I was on a group run and some of my running club colleagues had distracted me by pointing up to an object in the sky. I'd have been happier if it had turned out a meteor or a UFO looking for new abductees, but it turned out to be a conventional aircraft of the type that's often on that flight path.

My best friend made me run this morning.
We hateses her, Precious.

(This will be an ongoing theme. She is an excercise beast.)

Well, doesn't that suck. I'm sorry. Heal up soon. When will we get the rubber streets we were all promised?? I can only hope that that would be a tangible benefit of the brexit.

DGE, I am sorry your day sucked.

I will hope that tomorrow will be much better.

I think you probably do help people you care about just by being their friend.

You helped me just in chatting. :).

Thank you. :rose:

It was a better day. Even devoting hours to phone replacement.

And it's nice of you to say. You helped me as well. :heart:

DGE,
That was one sucky day. :eek: I hope your dreams are pleasant and filled with trees, mountains and bottoms to be spanked. :rose:

Hehe. That's such a wildly great bedtime prayer. Thanks.:rose:

I am frustrated that there is such sadness and disharmony and even agression. On the thread to make things better on BDSM talk, ( this especially saddens me) in general board among people I like, on playground.

I know what you mean. The GB threads always seem to me to have diametrically opposed posts that get nastier as the thread goes on. It's why I don't go there much - it suits some but not me.

When I first came to lit, I had a disagreement with a very experienced and well respected poster about religion, of all things. We held very different views but we debated and I learnt a lot about how her experiences, which were so different from mine, had led her to feel the way she did. But although we disagreed, it was a debate and not an argument - she listened to my view and I listened to hers - and at the end we understood the other a little more and learnt things we hadn't previously known. But never at any point did it descend into unpleasantness - indeed, her tone was always kinder than strictly necessary.

But it seems that these days, other people don't feel the need to consider how they speak to others 'because it's the Internet'. I can't feel that way, so I understand your sadness :rose:

Took link from E-mail from this place, & can't access it.

On similar board where acct. had been banned without reason or notification, members who do have reason to get banned lying to me & others about why mine was banned.

I know what you mean. The GB threads always seem to me to have diametrically opposed posts that get nastier as the thread goes on. It's why I don't go there much - it suits some but not me.

When I first came to lit, I had a disagreement with a very experienced and well respected poster about religion, of all things. We held very different views but we debated and I learnt a lot about how her experiences, which were so different from mine, had led her to feel the way she did. But although we disagreed, it was a debate and not an argument - she listened to my view and I listened to hers - and at the end we understood the other a little more and learnt things we hadn't previously known. But never at any point did it descend into unpleasantness - indeed, her tone was always kinder than strictly necessary.

But it seems that these days, other people don't feel the need to consider how they speak to others 'because it's the Internet'. I can't feel that way, so I understand your sadness :rose:
Lally, I am new here, so I don't know of what I speak. Maybe. You always seem fair and to seek kindness.
I am flip, but I am also here for a reason. And as flip as I can be, I 99.9% follow The Golden Rule.
Okay... 70%.

Anyway. What pissed me off today (redux) was not being able to visit my dad today.
:(

That makes me sad too. There is not the willingness to have the open mind discussion you speak of, to accept difference somewhere where we are all a little or a lot different from 'standard issue' :D

Yes there is... Don't generalize! The members that do that get me pissed off a lot of days!

Sibling recalled hating to make messes growing up, & I told her I remembered growing up with someone who made a ton. Sarcastic agreement, & added something I observed about her (also true, as I was there when it happened almost a year ago).

Since they have a ton of their own kids, & I have none, they got agreed-with & defended, whereas everyone turned on me.

Insomnia, then heard the 20 month old moving around so went to check, put him back in bed and chilled on the trundle to make sure he stayed asleep. Grabbed a bowl of cereal, ate at the table and then tried to walk back to my room. Movement disorder kicked in without warning and I collapsed hard in the same left hip I discovered the floor with yesterday by now (nearly 4 am here). Took more effort and time then I like to admit to convince my body to move. There's something scarily lonely about falling g and being unable to get up when the house is dark with shadows.

Now I'm laying here in bed now, left knee to back throbbing, waiting for the Valium to stop the tremors/spasms and the cannabis lotion to calm that damn sciatic nerve that hates me so. I hate being so damn broken and insomnia sucks too.

Insomnia, then heard the 20 month old moving around so went to check, put him back in bed and chilled on the trundle to make sure he stayed asleep. Grabbed a bowl of cereal, ate at the table and then tried to walk back to my room. Movement disorder kicked in without warning and I collapsed hard in the same left hip I discovered the floor with yesterday by now (nearly 4 am here). Took more effort and time then I like to admit to convince my body to move. There's something scarily lonely about falling g and being unable to get up when the house is dark with shadows.

Now I'm laying here in bed now, left knee to back throbbing, waiting for the Valium to stop the tremors/spasms and the cannabis lotion to calm that damn sciatic nerve that hates me so. I hate being so damn broken and insomnia sucks too.

Have you ever tried smoking marijuana to see if that would help with the muscle spasms?

Have you ever tried smoking marijuana to see if that would help with the muscle spasms?

Reminds me of neuro-person I saw late last month who finally decided to tell me anti-anxiety med I was put on by a counselor may be contributing to my depression (reason I ever started seeing the guy who put me on it).

I've heard that, too.
I've heard it would help my asthma
I've heard it would help my vision
I've heard it would help with my migraines.

Guess what: It won't. I can't touch it, let alone inhale it! Allergies. Please remember, marijuana isn't a cure all for everyone!

You have my sympathies. I hope you feel...well, if not better, then less bad soon. :heart:

I've heard that, too.
I've heard it would help my asthma
I've heard it would help my vision
I've heard it would help with my migraines.

Guess what: It won't. I can't touch it, let alone inhale it! Allergies. Please remember, marijuana isn't a cure all for everyone!

Same here!

ETA: What pissed me off today.

I get so annoyed when some asshole calls when I'm on dispatch and is like, "Well, what if I don't like the person you send me to?"

I want so badly to say, "Well, if you're so bound, bent, and determined to dislike somebody, then maybe just don't bother my girls at all. Your shitty $30 ain't worth it." :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back