What kicks you out of a story.

Do you mean that you make your own comment in the middle of the story, probably about what just happened or what will happen? :unsure:
I mean I’m a character - either explicitly or in disguise - in many of my stories. And these tend to feature - well - insertions 🤣.

Em

Mutilation, disfigurement, permanent damage.

I read about one where a bad man injected some kind of nerve agent into some cheating woman in her erogenous zones. I 1 bombed it right there and stopped reading. The story got pulled shortly after. The name was Pandora's Box or something close. It gave me the shudders enough I sort of remember the name.

I rarely downrate any story unless it actively offends me. If a story is suddenly a cuck story (I dont like 99% of them) I stop reading and don't vote. I dont like BDSM but dont go into that category to start one bombing people.

if I'm ever in New Zealand the odds of me trying to pet something that will kill me are pretty high. I'm thinking the most likely culprit there would be a shark as I think most of New Zealand's land-based wildlife is relatively safe
I was gonna say, are you sure you're not thinking of Auztralia

Something that I'm finding increasingly breaks my immersion is a total lack of descriptions of the characters in any given work
or when the gender isn't even given or indicated in any way until very late in the story. This usually happens in first-person tales.

Don't underestimate my ability to pet something deadly in a country with very few deadly things. If there's a deadly thing to pet, I will find it and I will attempt to pet it. (Track record so far: alligators, black bear, coyote, gray wolf, red fox, copperhead, rattlesnake, ginormous python, people, and brown recluse.)
FB_IMG_1522479546713.jpg

brown recluse.
giphy.gif

worst I've ever one was be four and see a Caracal and go snuggle it. I was a sucker for pussy even back then.

Sorry

I held its head down with tweezers so it couldn't bite me. I just wanted to know what it felt like. (Smooth, a little velvety.) Then took him out to the woods and dumped him in an abandoned barn. (I'm choosing to ignore how serial-killer-like that sounds. It was a spider, he was still alive, I swear.)

I would absolutely pet that murder cat.
When I was a teenager living in the southern US, we accidentally caught a baby alligator and decided to keep it. We named her Fluffy, as that was the most appropriately inappropriate name we could think of. She was surprisingly good-natured and enjoyed being petted and using my belly in lieu of a hot rock. I was very sad that she died not long after I went off to college.

Aww, that's kinda how I petted a few. A family friend was an unofficial rehabber. Legally, he wasn't supposed to keep it (because people complained, otherwise no one woulda known). So we basically passed it around and took it on drives while the game warden came out and checked his house for this supposed 4' gator. (The biggest he had.) Basically from ages 14-19 in Alabama I was helping a friend illegally rehab a few gators ( and deer, but they are usually not deadly and we had a much harder time getting them into the car.)
If you lived in Alabama, you may have encountered the large yellow-and-black spiders that spin huge webs with the zig-zag patterns in the middle? Their genus is Argiope but most people called them writing spiders, corn spiders, or banana spiders (or sometimes horror monster spiders, albeit not very seriously). We had one of those as a pet for a while and would catch grasshoppers and other dainties and throw them in her web. To the extent a spider is trainable, she was trained. Her legs would twitch in anticipation whenever she saw us coming with a snack, and she would drink water out of a spoon if offered. Naturally her name was Charlotte.
images.jpg
(Edit: Not the spider in question, just an example from the web (pun intended)).

Last edited:
I might get kicked out of a story by a mime. Not a fan. I can't say that I can recall encountering a mime in an erotic story, but I don't think it would go well if I did.

If you lived in Alabama, you may have encountered the large yellow-and-black spiders that spin huge webs with the zig-zag patterns in the middle? Their genus is Argiope but most people called them writing spiders, corn spiders, or banana spiders (or sometimes horror monster spiders, albeit not very seriously). We had one of those as a pet for a while and would catch grasshoppers and other dainties and throw them in her web. To the extent a spider is trainable, she was trained. Her legs would twitch in anticipation whenever she saw us coming with a snack, and she would drink water out of a spoon if offered. Naturally her name was Charlotte.
View attachment 2281501
(Edit: Not the spider in question, just an example from the web (pun intended)).

We called those orb spiders. Big suckers. I knew a neighbor kid who would catch them and take them to school and let them crawl over his face while the other kids watched.

Back