What is crossing your mind right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg this is sooooo cute

tumblr_lpauwhVH2Q1qh7487o1_r4_400.gif

I love being in the rain!

In fact, I love camping in the rain too. So long as I can get my tent up and dry. Then the rain never bothers me. Love it!

I have never gone camping in the rain.

My parents have a fifth wheel and we "camped" in that but it is not the same.

:)

I have never gone camping in the rain.

My parents have a fifth wheel and we "camped" in that but it is not the same.

:)

It is not the same. But I still give credit for leaving the comfort of home. ;)

I just love sleeping on the ground in a tent. Rain or no. And when it's raining, it is so calming and soothing. I especially love the thunderstorms!

I was in a hailstorm once that was a little scary. The hail was really small but I worried about it getting larger. Thankfully, it all worked out. But the ground was totally white when it was over, covered in small hail. It was beautiful.

It is not the same. But I still give credit for leaving the comfort of home. ;)

I just love sleeping on the ground in a tent. Rain or no. And when it's raining, it is so calming and soothing. I especially love the thunderstorms!

I was in a hailstorm once that was a little scary. The hail was really small but I worried about it getting larger. Thankfully, it all worked out. But the ground was totally white when it was over, covered in small hail. It was beautiful.

I can picture it. :)

I love thunderstorms too.

I look forward to one day experiencing "real" camping. I have only slept in a sleeping bag in a house, lol.

I have ran in a thunderstorm or two, but I get in trouble with loved ones.

I can picture it. :)

I love thunderstorms too.

I look forward to one day experiencing "real" camping. I have only slept in a sleeping bag in a house, lol.

I have ran in a thunderstorm or two, but I get in trouble with loved ones.

You know, I was very fortunate. I did not grow up as an outdoors man. But going through scouts with my son taught me a lot. Once you learn the skills (yes, there really are skills to camping properly), and have the right gear, the weather is NEVER a problem. You know how to deal with it and adapt. But more than that, you learn to use the weather to have fun and not let it dictate the experience.

There is something special about being out in nature away from everyone else. Alone with the sounds and smells of the great outdoors. The absolute wonderment of it all... And the stars! OMG, the stars. So many that you can hardly make out the Milky Way because the sky is full of stars everywhere you look. So many stars, that you can see in the dark even with no moon!

You know, I was very fortunate. I did not grow up as an outdoors man. But going through scouts with my son taught me a lot. Once you learn the skills (yes, there really are skills to camping properly), and have the right gear, the weather is NEVER a problem. You know how to deal with it and adapt. But more than that, you learn to use the weather to have fun and not let it dictate the experience.

There is something special about being out in nature away from everyone else. Alone with the sounds and smells of the great outdoors. The absolute wonderment of it all... And the stars! OMG, the stars. So many that you can hardly make out the Milky Way because the sky is full of stars everywhere you look. So many stars, that you can see in the dark even with no moon!

I always think of that when I think of camping.

Lying in someone special's arms and looking up at the stars, breathing in the night air and feeling the freshness of it filling your lungs.

I feel trapped in buildings. I love the freedom of the outdoors.

And yes there are skills to camping, I agree. :)

One must respect the outdoors.

I always think of that when I think of camping.

Lying in someone special's arms and looking up at the stars, breathing in the night air and feeling the freshness of it filling your lungs.

I feel trapped in buildings. I love the freedom of the outdoors.

And yes there are skills to camping, I agree. :)

One must respect the outdoors.

It's so peaceful. Especially if you can get away from everyone. I mean really get away. Not car camping with a tent so close you can hear them snore.

The most at peace I think I have ever been is when I went backpacking by myself. I almost never do that, it's not especially safe if something happens. And something can always happen! But I was a few miles in. All alone. I pitched my tent and stayed three days. Making day hikes to explore the area. I slept when I was tired. Ate when I was hungry. And read a couple of different books. One a novel to unwind and another, on wilderness survival. I just left the world behind and let it all go.

It was in a word...

Cleansing...

It's so peaceful. Especially if you can get away from everyone. I mean really get away. Not car camping with a tent so close you can hear them snore.

The most at peace I think I have ever been is when I went backpacking by myself. I almost never do that, it's not especially safe if something happens. And something can always happen! But I was a few miles in. All alone. I pitched my tent and stayed three days. Making day hikes to explore the area. I slept when I was tired. Ate when I was hungry. And read a couple of different books. One a novel to unwind and another, on wilderness survival. I just left the world behind and let it all go.

It was in a word...

Cleansing...

Perfect word.

That is exactly it.

It is exhilarating!

:heart:

mutual reciprocity would be a good title for a poem. i can't write a poem to save my life.

people are douches....

...and the person before me now has me thinking about the Weezer song 'Photograph'....It's in the photograph
It's in the photograph
It's in the photograph of love

If you blew it, don't reject it
Just sit drawing up the plans and re-erect it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back