What is crossing your mind right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it is just about 8 a.m. and I'm done with my coffee. Time to put away all the packed holiday boxes and get the laundry done!

I'll check back in later. :D

People whine an awful lot.
In the summer it's too hot, in the winter it's too cold.
Jaysus Christ.
Do we need to go over the list?!

1. You are alive
2. You have a roof over your head.
3. You must have some kind of income to have either phone or computer? Therefore, we'll assume you have some money and can feed and clothe yourself.

I can continue, but hopefully you got the point.

Now slap that ass and enjoy the day.
:)

I have this bath tub,
5.5 ft long, 2 ft wide, 18 inches deep
Porcalain over wrought iron
Claw feet
From the '20s
(Two plumbers have made offers on it: $2000 and $5000)

It's used by far too many to bathe in, what's another...

You can use my tub ;)

This whole Manti Teo fake girlfriend thing is a crazy story! Does this mean I haven't really been talking to Amy Adams online? I thought she was just shy... :D

This whole Manti Teo fake girlfriend thing is a crazy story! Does this mean I haven't really been talking to Amy Adams online? I thought she was just shy... :D

WTF? Fake girlfriend? Like... the one who died?

Am going to have to go google this story immediately.

WTF? Fake girlfriend? Like... the one who died?

Am going to have to go google this story immediately.

Yep! Go to Deadspin. The university has even released a statement. At BEST, he was the victim of a fucked up hoax. At worst, he was in on it.

But before everyone gets too upset, let's remember that it could be worse. Isn't that right, Jerry Sandusky?

This is his reply to it... plausible I suppose, why it took so long to come out when the university knew about it the day after Christmas is puzzling..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1488279-manti-teo-releases-statement-on-alleged-girlfriend-hoax

This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her.

To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating.

It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life.

I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been.

In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was.

Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back