What is crossing your mind right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. That is not something you wish upon anyone. I think a slap was in order

Serta king coil. Pillow top too. Ummm love it.

Ooooo! That's what I have too! I simply love it! Whenever I have to sleep on a different mattress, I always burn a sacrificial offering to my mattress when I get home!

I just got back from Total Drama Island where the Greek Tragedy has taken place.

Seems my sister-in-law believes that no one cares that she has lost her son, because no one has been over to her house the last couple of days to tell her how sorry they are for her! She locked herself in her room and threatened to take all her meds because she just can't handle it anymore.

I went over there and talked with her, through the door, and finally told her that I was going to call the police and have her confined on a suicide watch. She then opened her door and came out, but she was pissed at me. "You don't know! You don't care! You are so insensitive! I hope your son gets hit by a car!"

I'm sorry to say this but I slapped her across the face and told her that she was dishonoring her son's memory with her behavior!

But, she should never have wished that on me or my son. I think she went too far.

I am writing this now to get my emotions under control. I am sorry if I have offended anyone. I am not looking for sympathy and I really do appreciate how thoughtful everyone has been when I have posted.

But, it feels soooo much better to get it out than to keep it all in my head!
You didn't go too far. She is in a sad time but that was totally uncalled for.

I just got back from Total Drama Island where the Greek Tragedy has taken place.

Seems my sister-in-law believes that no one cares that she has lost her son, because no one has been over to her house the last couple of days to tell her how sorry they are for her! She locked herself in her room and threatened to take all her meds because she just can't handle it anymore.

I went over there and talked with her, through the door, and finally told her that I was going to call the police and have her confined on a suicide watch. She then opened her door and came out, but she was pissed at me. "You don't know! You don't care! You are so insensitive! I hope your son gets hit by a car!"

I'm sorry to say this but I slapped her across the face and told her that she was dishonoring her son's memory with her behavior!

But, she should never have wished that on me or my son. I think she went too far.

I am writing this now to get my emotions under control. I am sorry if I have offended anyone. I am not looking for sympathy and I really do appreciate how thoughtful everyone has been when I have posted.

You didn't go too far. She is in a sad time but that was totally uncalled for. :rose:

After seeing ANOTHER new thread started...that Respy and Aquagal are my new favorite Litsters.

Grief can be all consuming and self-centered. Maybe your SIL will thank you later. Even if she doesn't the slap may have been the one thing that made her think. Grief sucks for everyone. And I'm not a fan of grief martyrs. Shit happens and the world still goes on. I've had more than my share which I can thankfully say that time does help, as well as not dwelling on it 24/7...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back