What is a slut?

My late first wife, my Daughter and Daughter-in-Law have all been referred to as sluts but it is more because of their fashion choices than sexual activity, although the fashion choices are designed to lead to sexual activity.

I dress very conservatively

How many men does a woman have to sleep with before she should consider herself a slut?4

Oh goodness, in college, me and my fellow WMST majors would have had a field day with even the TITLE of this thread.

Women should be able to sleep with as many men as they want, period, without getting labeled 'slut.'

The problem is that society sets up different--and often times contradictory--sexual expectations for men and women.

A slut is a woman of substantial and varied sexual appetites who pursues her sexual pleasure with little to no regard for the constraints that others wish to impose upon on her.

I don't know if you can put a number on it, especially independent of the woman's age or access to sexual partners. It is all about her attitude towards sex, appetite for a variety of sexual partners and willingness to act on it.

On that basis, yes you are a slut Jenn ;).

As an aside I have never met anybody, man or woman, who will consistently "fuck anybody" regardless of whether they find their sexual partners attractive (unless they are being paid). That is just hyperbole designed to be reductive of women.

I think that's a very 'theoretical' response to the question. I'm not 100% sure I'm supportive of 'reclaiming the negative label' in this instances - it feels like we could just do away with it altogether instead, and not feel the need to give that behaviour (which obviously I AM in support of) a specific name. Does it need to be singled out in that way - shouldn't it just be accepted as the/a norm?

Oh goodness, in college, me and my fellow WMST majors would have had a field day with even the TITLE of this thread.

Women should be able to sleep with as many men as they want, period, without getting labeled 'slut.'

The problem is that society sets up different--and often times contradictory--sexual expectations for men and women.

I think you may be missing the point of my question -- see my posts if they are of sufficient interests

I think that's a very 'theoretical' response to the question. I'm not 100% sure I'm supportive of 'reclaiming the negative label' in this instances - it feels like we could just do away with it altogether instead, and not feel the need to give that behaviour (which obviously I AM in support of) a specific name. Does it need to be singled out in that way - shouldn't it just be accepted as the/a norm?

Indeed it is theoretical. You might even say made up. But since it is a vague reference to women who cross an undetermined sexual threshold I figure my definition of that threshold is as valid (and no more so) than anyone else's.

I would like to do away with it but since we can't unhear the word or eliminate all the people who will dredge it up to diminish women I think the more realistic approach is to rob it of its power to do so. But that is theoretical too.

Obviously the word has a negative connotation, but sometimes words change meanings and connotations over time.

For me -- and this is just personal -- it is amusing and a bit exciting to think of myself as a slut. It excites my husband calling me his slutty wife too.

But not something I would say in public or stress beyond a small circle of friends

Obviously the word has a negative connotation, but sometimes words change meanings and connotations over time.

For me -- and this is just personal -- it is amusing and a bit exciting to think of myself as a slut. It excites my husband calling me his slutty wife too.

But not something I would say in public or stress beyond a small circle of friends

It seems that if the word were fully "reclaimed" itd lose some of its kink/naughty appeal.

Slut
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Slut (disambiguation).
Slut is generally a term for a woman or girl who is considered to have loose sexual morals or who is sexually promiscuous.[1][2] It is usually used as an insult, sexual slur or offensive term of disparagement (slut shaming).[2][3] It originally meant "a dirty, slovenly woman",[2] and is rarely used to refer to men, generally requiring clarification by use of the terms male slut or man whore.[4][5]
The first recorded use of the word was in Geoffrey Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales. Chaucer wrote, "Why is thy lord so sluttish, I thee pray, And is of power better clothes to bey." He is referring to the man's untidy appearance. The word has also been used to refer to dust bunnies, which were called "slut bunnies".[citation needed] There have been attempts to reclaim the word for girls and women, and some individuals embrace the title as a source of pride.[6][7]

I agree Jennifer. While I dislike the negative implications of the word as usually applied there is an excitement to knowing I am a slut which is obviously linked to the taboo of it.

Since we're talking about a slang term, I can suggest a meaning that is totally non-PC and likely to offend pretty much everyone, which is perhaps the intention of the term...
OK, a slut is a woman ( yes, woman getoverit ) who sells out too cheap. She gives in to a guy with no consideration of how she will be viewed by her friends, has no problem with fucking a guy when she is supposed to in a relationship with someone else, and probably has a communicable disease.
On a deeper level, a slut is on a self-destructive path: she has given up caring what other people think of her because she pretends that sex will reward her at some point with a guy who actually cares for her and doesn't treat her like shit. She knows it's a lie, but she does it anyway because it her mind, she is one step up from the stuck-up frigid girls who don't get laid and when the guy is fucking her, she can pretend for maybe a moment or two that the sex is meaningful. When he's gone in the morning it's time to reset and go fuck the next one.
Or maybe I'm a tad cynical this evening :cool:

I agree Jennifer. While I dislike the negative implications of the word as usually applied there is an excitement to knowing I am a slut which is obviously linked to the taboo of it.

I grew up in a very socially liberal environment and was never discouraged from expressing myself sexually. it didn't really occur to me that others disapproved (although I knew they did), so calling myself a slut is more like a private joke for me -- well maybe not all that private really. I love shocking conservative men sometimes with stories about just how slutty I can get.

Best way to meet women

I am a 44 yr old housewife. I got married at 18. I am really curious about being with a woman Hubby is ok with it and even volunteered to help. How would y'all recommend someone my age finding a woman. Thanks

How many men does a woman have to sleep with before she should consider herself a slut?4
What if she's slutty but only sleeps with couple of guys, that's like a winning lotto ticket right!!!

FYI Pro Team Slut cause I don't judge, just enjoy! :devil:

Anagram

I just realized that the word 'slut' is an anagram of 'lust'....so one begets the other, yes?

I grew up in a very socially liberal environment and was never discouraged from expressing myself sexually. it didn't really occur to me that others disapproved (although I knew they did), so calling myself a slut is more like a private joke for me -- well maybe not all that private really. I love shocking conservative men sometimes with stories about just how slutty I can get.

I was raised more conservative but chose to break free of that.....at least the part where a narrow value set was used to try to force me to behave a certain way. I suppose I also enjoy shocking more conservative men and women because it is still a way to assert my prerogative. But it still comes down to my desire. I won't be easily manipulated to fucking a guy I don't like just because he panders to my rebellious streak.

One of the things that I notice with lots of guys is that they still implicitly assume all women want something more. The jerks like portraying sluts negatively by saying "see he just fucked you and left". They can't quite comprehend that no "I fucked him and told him to leave" or "we both just wanted a fuck".

The problem is that some guys still have their brains inside their cock, and have not learnt, or bothered to find out what females really need and want, The remarkable thing is that females and males orgasms are very much the same. Females have the ability to have more than one orgasm where as a man will cum and need time to recover.

The feelings we all feel of arousal and climax are basically the same for both sexes, it's just that some have different ways of attaining an orgasm

I was raised more conservative but chose to break free of that.....at least the part where a narrow value set was used to try to force me to behave a certain way. I suppose I also enjoy shocking more conservative men and women because it is still a way to assert my prerogative. But it still comes down to my desire. I won't be easily manipulated to fucking a guy I don't like just because he panders to my rebellious streak.

One of the things that I notice with lots of guys is that they still implicitly assume all women want something more. The jerks like portraying sluts negatively by saying "see he just fucked you and left". They can't quite comprehend that no "I fucked him and told him to leave" or "we both just wanted a fuck".

Not all guys assume that we are after something more -- some older and more sophisticated ones get it -- but it is some very small proportion of the male population. The young, gorgeous and dumb ones -- never do get it and always want to hang around after to be supportive or sometimes, which can be annoying

My husband says he used to do the same thing, until he realized that girls often want to fuck as much as men do. Still I suppose all of us retain some childishness -- for example, I actually do know just how many guys I have been with. How silly is that? I think it impresses my husband though.

sluts are boy toys

Sluts are necessary in society and it's too bad that most women have 'the slut' in them, but suppress it. Maybe 'the slut' trait is a masculine thing as most of us guys would fuck most anything as a manslut is driven by his small head.

But, having had a few slut girlfriends in the past, they bring on the best and most lasting memories, but they have almost always been 'high maintenance' girls that were hell to live with............but oh so much fun!!

Another of my observations is that most of the sluts I've known don't have the on/off switch and can be embarrassing in public so best to keep them in bed or in places where there are other sluts.

I met Dot thru her husband, and we had a 5 yr MMF relationship...friends and a lot of 3 ways. But Dot would fuck nearly anyone, and lie about it too. She was always ready to fuck, and would call me to stop by and fuck her and I'd get there and find a condom wrapper or beer top next to the bed. I'd ask, and she say that she was so horny and did t want to talk about it. But once I'd start working on her and get her juiced up, she'd admit that she couldn't wait 2 hours for me to get there so she had called her friend Nick to stop by and fuck her in the interim. While I didn't care, I'd say that makes her a slut.

And add alcohol, it didn't matter if it was a man or woman, she wanted to be made to cum. It drove her, like nothing I'd ever experienced and have not experienced again. One night at a "party" we went to, I watched her perform for the group by doing what we now call a "blow bang" and sucking off a circle of 6 men. It was so hot and can still remember one of the last guys cumming as soon as she grabbed his cock...he was so worked up from just watching her.

Lastly, it was the way she could look at you. Her eyes and facial expressions just said "fuck me". Most men (and other slutty women) could pick up on it immediately...even her son knew his mom was a slut as he got old enough to recognize it.

Not all guys assume that we are after something more -- some older and more sophisticated ones get it -- but it is some very small proportion of the male population. The young, gorgeous and dumb ones -- never do get it and always want to hang around after to be supportive or sometimes, which can be annoying

My husband says he used to do the same thing, until he realized that girls often want to fuck as much as men do. Still I suppose all of us retain some childishness -- for example, I actually do know just how many guys I have been with. How silly is that? I think it impresses my husband though.

I agree but it seems like most are conditioned to see us as all having a similar sexual attitude or certain key traits in common. It only experience that shows us to be different. And only maturity that teaches men not to fear sexually liberated women.

Last edited:
I agree but it seems like most are conditioned to see us as all having a similar sexual attitude or certain key traits in common. It only experience that shows us to be different. And only maturity that teaches men not to fear sexually liberated women.

I have met men who are intimidated by my sexual experience and respond by trying to catch up on me. This can be fun if treated as a game, but can become a bore.

It can be a very delicate situation.

Back