What Are You Listening To Now? 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dizzy Up the Girl

The Goo Goo Dolls

I love writing to the beat of this album.

Close to the Edge

Yes

'Bout frigging time they got in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Sad, Chris Squire wasn't there to see it.

I like to keep up to date with current trends, therefore I have several Top 20 charts in my reading list. Not that anything "up there" is especially good, but it never hurts to know what my non-metal friends are talking about. Stuff like the Chainsmokers or any of the current dancepop peddlers make me wish for the early '90s again. Back then, Eurodance at least had fat, bassy mixes.

Anyway, I made the mistake of listening to Jason Derulo's "Swalla". That's... a lot of brain cells I'm never getting back. And his guest "rapper"? Is that a joke? Biggie would be rotating in his grave if he knew such talentless, incomprehensible mutterers like Ty Dolla Sign exist. My God.

That calls for a repeat session with N.W.A.'s "Straight Outta Compton". Or Body Count's debut.

I'm too old for this crap.

Last edited:
White City: A Novel. Pete Townshend

Listened to that the other night, followed by Quadrophenia (the 1996 re-master, which is far superior to the original mix - you can actually hear Daltrey properly).

And now, a complete change: Donny McCaslin - Fast Future. The jazz combo Bowie recorded Blackstar with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back