Wardens of Wildemount ((OOC))

Veroe

Maestro/Truthseeker
Hello, you guys may or may not know me here, but what you don't know is that I am a critter. I am a fan of Critical Role, the livestream show of voice actors playing dungeons and dragons on Twitch. Now while I liked D and D as a kid I like writing more than playing. So what I thought I'd do is pose this to guage any interest in doing a SRP that will have more adventure than sex but still will delve into that either as a group thread or a one on one thread with some NPCs hanging around them.

I have a very general idea for the direction of the plot, dealing with a group similar in function as the cult of "Angel of Irons" from the show trying to find a city lost long ago during the chaos of the calamity The city holds an ancient temple that works as a nexus of portals to all the other planes of the D&D multiverse (the nice ones as well as the not so nice planes of existence). Similar to a fashion of the nexus of portals in Bazzoxan in Xhorhas from the show.

Anyway obviously I'd like it set in one of the four regions of the continent of wildemount portrayed in Critical Role Campaign 2 and the book published WOTC "The Explorer's Guide to Wildemount". I don't know which one, I'd like to leave that to the consensus of my partners.

Hey all. I am playing a Human male Paladin of the Oath of Ancients. More information will be provided once things ramp up a bit, as it's just not always cool to reveal all your cards before the first round is done, now is it? Hahaha.

The group is still open for new people. So if anyone is interested feel free to join in here or by PMing me.

That said I'm heading offline now. See you guys tomorrow.

Evening all.

I'll be joining you all as part of this story. I'll be playing a male character in some sort of support role. I'll wait to see what everyone else chooses and come up with something that will help tie everything together in some way or add something that's missing from our repertoire of skills. If nothing else, it will be someone that loves a good mystery.

I'll be playing a half-elf Horizon Walker Ranger named Jaena Pharstreider. The youngest daughter of a merchant operating a caravan of wagons between Nicodranus and Zadash. Growing up she was fascinated with books and particularly those dealing with history, especially the histories of ancient civilizations such as the mageocracies of Zemnia or Aeor or any number of the societies wiped out or lost during the chaos of the calamity.

So as an adult she became a researcher in association with the monks of the Cobalt Soul for the purpose of seeking out the ruins of these lost civilizations to bring the information of how they lived and fought and loved back to light. Exploring the wilds and these dangerous dungeons for archeological treasures.

Jaena is particularly interested in the Ancient Madori tribe who was said had a the sacred responsibility of protecting a nexus of portals to the other realms, but were besieged and lost during the height of the war of the gods that was the calamity. It's said a demon lord of the nine hells laid seige to the city and in the ensuing battle the city and all the ancient Madori vanished off the face of Exandria, but she believes it is still out there somewhere not vanished just lost waiting to be rediscovered by her.

Elf_Archer.png

My inspiration for the character is Lara Croft in D&D

Last edited:
Most of you guys have weighed in that you want to start in the Menagerie Coast area of Wildemount.

Tusk is a Half-Orc Life Domain Cleric. The bastard of a minor noble, Tusk was whisked away to the life of a religious order as soon as he was old enough to pose a threat to his father's heir apparent. Tusk hates the church, but loves the gods. A bloodthirstiness deep inside tusk is aroused by his family and their petty political squabbles. Tusk considers violent acts of passion as handy chances to practice penance and redouble his vows and his sanctity.

Seeing that we have 3 characters already, I think I know what I want to play to help fill in the gaps a bit. I'm going to be playing a Kurdax Ironbeard, Dwarven Skald (a.k.a. Bard of the College of Valor). He's grown tired of his community and wants to see the wider world. He's tired of reciting all the same old stories he's heard since he was a kid and wants to find new ones or make his own.

Since he's from one of the older races, he's been curious about the lost histories of the surface world. There's a great gap in the oral histories and rather than wave it away as "surface nonsense", he wants to fill in the gaps as all history and all stories are important. While it may seem odd to hear the epic poem "The Triumph of Vox Machina" chanted in Dwarven during a battle, it's strangely compelling when Kurdax does it.

((Will be on the lookout for a pic of a dwarven bard that doesn't use bagpipes :D ))

Bump.

This thread's still open for any more writers who want to join in.

sorry about yesterday guys. My internet was a little shaky.

We still need a couple more female characters in the group. Right now it's only mine on board. Hopefully we can entice a few more ladies to join in.

So let's start talking about the first adventure would be about having to find a secret tomb of a hero of the Calamity buried somewhere on the island of Darktow . So we'll be having to deal with the revelry pirates there as well as whatever traps and monsters are in the tomb itself.

Also, desperado, given the backstory of your character you told me, this should provide some juicy drama for him. Maybe the pirates we deal with the most are the same ones that attacked your ship and marooned him on that island.

Oh also all the paladins and clerics need to start figuring out which of the gods of Exandria they serve as well. like for example: desperado's paladin of the oath of the ancients would be a good fit for Melora the Wildmother or perhaps the sungod Pelor, or the goddess of luck Evandra. Just saying one of those may be Sympatico with your paladin's focus. It's all your choice of course.

The campaign setting book doesn't say, but I'd imagine the Wildmother's Neutral Good, and Avandra and Pelor would be lawful good.

Funny, when I played, alignment was always something of an afterthought. So I'm not used to thinking that much into that.

Edit: Correction-I found it in the book. Avandra's Chaotic Good, Pelor's Neutral Good, and Melora is Neutral.

LG gods are Bahamut the platinum Dragon-whose province is Honor and Justice, and Moradin the All-Hammer-whose province is Craft and Creation.

Last edited:
When I played my DM viewed whatever deity's relation to their chosen cleric or Paladin as something like Obi-wan to Luke in A New Hope imparting lessons to them to help them grow not just spiritually but as a person as well. Dude was a great DM. A real dick in everything else but a great DM.

Anyway, you cool with linking your backstory with the pirates at Darktow island?

Sure! I will hopefully post more about said backstory later, got a few plates spinning at the moment, but I should be able to manage.

I'm wanting to join. Would love to do a D&D related game, I just don't know anything about critical role.

My character, if I could play anything, would be a Sorcerer, Clockwork Soul and her race would be a verdan. Verdan are a race of goblin like beings that were cursed by a chaotic God to mutate over time. So, her kind is often seen as beings of chaos. A God of law and order though, like Primus of Mechanus, or whoever the big law Gods of Critical Role are, has blessed her with powers to bring about order to the world and balance to her race.

Her name would be Diva'ss. Very upper class. Very more holly then though.

Welcome Spitballin. Did you get my reply to your PM and the link I sent you.

As far as gods that could work with your clockwork soul sorceror I think Erathis, Moradin, or Ioun may be your best bets.

I did get your PM. Will check out that video.

Now that I think of it a warlock with a celestial pact works a lot better with this concept. That way the God in question can show up from time to time and order my character around.

I will look into the gods in question. For now the most fitting sounds like Erathis.

EDIT!: Ya, Erathis sounds perfect and ya, a celestial warlock works way better, so Celestial Warlock who is a Verdan. What level are we starting at? Or since this is all just posting are we ignoring levels and stats? I think I'll still role stats no matter what just to get a better idea of the character.

Last edited:
Maybe in terms of stats and all that, we are at the very least sufficiently powerful enough to tackle most, if not all, earthly threats that we encounter? Cause some high-level spells could be useful in both regular RP outside of combat and SRP, depending on implementation.

Maybe in terms of stats and all that, we are at the very least sufficiently powerful enough to tackle most, if not all, earthly threats that we encounter? Cause some high-level spells could be useful in both regular RP outside of combat and SRP, depending on implementation.

Ya, I would really like to know what level we all are since it does decide what spells we have and since verdan are small levels 1-4 and then are medium level 5 and on. I do like the idea of Diva'ss being this tall, slender, very light green looking being that dresses very well.

She would look like this:

Attachments

• prim.jpeg
    prim.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 0
Diva'ss backstory concept so far. This will likely get some tweaks as I read up more on Wildemount. I actually do own the book Explorer's Guide To Willdemount, but simply got it for the races, monsters and classes. Never read up on the mythology.

Backstory: Diva'ss original name was Prim. She was born to and raised by a family of thieves. Her mother and father would go town to town, robbing whoever they wanted. One day they were stopped by dwarven knights looking to bring them to justice for their crimes. In the scuffle the criminals got away and one of the dwarves was killed before Prim's eyes. She was haunted by the crime and do to it decided to right her ways. She grew to dislike and distrust the other verdan of her kind, seeing them as chaotic beings and as herself, a tool of justice that would bring order to them. She started to worship Erathis and do to the Goddess teaching on law and order she helped to have her own parents brought to justice and had them arrested.

Now she has changed her name to Diva'ss and has severed all ties to her past life and family. She goes from place to place where she feels crime is out of control and tries to bring justice to that land. She is a strong worshiper of Erathis and is a warlock for her and often describes her and sees her as a lover, who she is madly obsessed with.

She's lawful neutral and will do whatever the law commands, no matter what.

Just a quick post to let you know I'm still here and planning to post regularly when we start writing. Tonight was no good for me to add anything beyond my initial description.

Veroe, do you mind PMing me? I may need some help understanding dwarven culture and their centers of power and how it relates to the human kingdoms of Wildemount. I don't want to clog up the OOC thread with that discussion.

That's all I can manage for now. I may be able to post more tomorrow.

Back