Walker wants Wisconsin to be first state to stop dictating how much time kids should

This is incredible. Like U.S. students need even LESS education. Teachers today are babysitters, not educators. Some are saying they're not being paid enough. They're being paid appropriately for the amount of work that they do...any way, back to the subject.

Scott Walker is an idiot. He's an idiot because he's trying to get an idea out there that will make the next generation even stupider. Someone I knew once (who now is in his late forties) could not find Montana on a map. Now that's the U.S. education system for you.

An excellent example of quantity over quality. We've done the MORE, MORE, MORE now for 50 years. More money, more classroom days, more teachers with NO discernible effect at all. Maybe it's time to try something new........ya think?

Ishmael

An excellent example of quantity over quality. We've done the MORE, MORE, MORE now for 50 years. More money, more classroom days, more teachers with NO discernible effect at all. Maybe it's time to try something new........ya think?

Ishmael

I think the number of teachers per capita has remained constant. With more money, we have produced more administration...

;) ;)

I think the number of teachers per capita has remained constant. With more money, we have produced more administration...

;) ;)

They keep telling us that 'quality' is the goal. Mo' money doesn't seem to be getting us there.

Of course, in the interests of 'fairness' we can't have a segregated school structure. Not segregated by race or culture, but by IQ results. It's the only way I can think of to teach to the masses without boring the gifted.

Ishmael

They keep telling us that 'quality' is the goal. Mo' money doesn't seem to be getting us there.

Of course, in the interests of 'fairness' we can't have a segregated school structure. Not segregated by race or culture, but by IQ results. It's the only way I can think of to teach to the masses without boring the gifted.

Ishmael

I matriculated in just such a segregated elementary school environment. Then the Progressives took over and I was saddled with the dumbest of the dumb in Junior High and then Judge Clark saddled me with the angriest of the angry in High School...

I matriculated in just such a segregated elementary school environment. Then the Progressives took over and I was saddled with the dumbest of the dumb in Junior High and then Judge Clark saddled me with the angriest of the angry in High School...

I managed to get out of school before the "great dumbing down."

Ishmael

Back