These Schools Should Be Shut Down And Their Staffs Fired

Teaching to pass a test has always been a shit approach. You lose context, which is an essential part of learning.

Why and how are much more important questions than what. Kids aren't being taught to pass tests...they are being taught to become valuable members of society.

Yeah, that works. It's all the parent's fault that teachers can't teach so the teachers have to groom their students instead... :rolleyes:
Excellent point. Your kid is the one out of a hundred failing so it must be that the teacher can't teach. And then when they fail at their next school it will be that teacher can't teach, too. And then when they pass at your private school, but only until your check doesn't clear , and then they fail again, then it will be that teacher can't teach either.

Excellent point. Your kid is the one out of a hundred failing so it must be that the teacher can't teach. And then when they fail at their next school it will be that teacher can't teach, too. And then when they pass at your private school, but only until your check doesn't clear , and then they fail again, then it will be that teacher can't teach either.

One out of one hundred...

That's a LOUSY analogy when 13 schools in Baltimore don't have ONE SINGLE STUDENT who is proficient at math.

So it's not "one out of one hundred" it's the ENTIRE FUCKING STUDENT BODY.

Which means it's the teachers who are at fault, not the kids or their parents. And with craptastic analogies like yours, it's no wonder.

That's a LOUSY analogy when 13 schools in Baltimore don't have ONE SINGLE STUDENT who is proficient at math.
lol a lack of proficiency at math ( or chemistry for that matter)doesn't seem to have been an issue for you....
You need to go read the study, I'd say re-read, but I know you never fucking looked.
Which means it's the teachers who are at fault, not the kids or their parents. And with craptastic analogies like yours, it's no wonder.
So if a teacher assigns homework, and the child doesn't do it, and the parents don't make or help the child with that homework, then the child fails the assignment and/or course, according to you, it's the teachers fault? What fucking planet do you live on????

You been on this story a while haven’t you?

Nope.

It was a story all during 45’s Presidency…but I don’t remember him giving a fuck. His whole move was just to blame the democratically run cities with no answers or solutions. Maybe Mexico could pay for fixing the education issue here, they were on the tab for the border.

What? They didn’t pay for it? No way?!?!

Sure stirred up the base of racists when he said they would. This story works much the same way.

So glad your Cherry picked “news” has finally caught up on a story that has been around a while.
Go ahead and defend these corrupt school systems and their incompetent teachers and unions.

Go ahead and defend these corrupt school systems and their incompetent teachers and unions.
You're the self proclaimed genius around these parts, now that Conager's dropped dead of COVID. Perhaps you would take up the torch and become a teacher? You could be the lighting rod inside the Teachers Union to disband.....

What even is proficient in math? I couldn't do anything past Algebra 1 and probably not all of that if someone put a gun to my head. In a world where we all walk around with cell phones if nobody has a calculator on them you've got MUCH bigger problems than how to split the bill.

If you had any idea what you were talking about....

You would know it's not the entire student body

And more importantly you would know it's a flawed and unreliable test where schools of academic genius kids on their way to be engineers and scientists are only having 10% score as proficient.

It's not the students, teachers, or parents here. It's the test.

And my example is not an analogy. It's what schools around the nation have been experiencing for the last four years over and over. Which you would also know if you had any idea about what you are talking about

Ok, so what are these teachers not doing to make them at fault?

The covid shutdown was a shocking experience for many parents about their kids' schools. Now they are looking for more options. But public education won't surrender the gravy train without a fight.

I can see the gravy train objection coming: teachers don't make that much. That is true. The administrators get the gravy.
I can see a move to abolish any sort of private or home education to eradicate "child abuse."

That State wants to be a the sole abuser of children.

Reminds me of a bumper sticker I once saw that is now of my all-time favorites:

Don't Steal! Government hates the competition.

I can see a move to abolish any sort of private or home education to eradicate "child abuse."

That State wants to be a the sole abuser of children.

Reminds me of a bumper sticker I once saw that is now of my all-time favorites:

Don't Steal! Government hates the competition.
I can see an attempt made there as well but doomed to failure. The problem is that the 'elite' ALL send their kids to private/parochial schools, they're not about to slit their own wrists.

A couple of years ago a local TV station did a survey of teachers as to how many had children in the public schools. I don't remember that number but what I do remember is that damned near 30% (27% was the number) had their kids enrolled in private/parochial schools so even the unions won't be able to count on rank and file support.

Oh, come on man. There will be a carve out and grandfathering for the elite and their "schools of choice."

It's the little people who lack the acumen to make valid choices.

They might choose a religious school.

Religion is child abuse.

🎩
🧐

It'd be interesting to see the linguistic contortions contained in that sort of legislation.

Any private school that charges at least $x shall be considered sufficiently funded to provide an adequate education.

Especially if they offer y number of "scholarships for the underprivileged" like the trans community...

Congress and their puppet masters can do that in their sleep.

If you can parody it, it can happen.

🥍

Any private school that charges at least $x shall be considered sufficiently funded to provide an adequate education.

Especially if they offer y number of "scholarships for the underprivileged" like the trans community...

Congress and their puppet masters can do that in their sleep.

If you can parody it, it can happen.

🥍
*chuckle* I'd like to see a variation of that legislation worded such that the public school district must demonstrate fiscal solvency WITHOUT any federal funding. That would be a sight to see.

That could never happen given the nature of the press and the spinelessness of "successful" Conservative representation.

Republicans just don't hate children, they want them on the menu!

Oh, come on man. There will be a carve out and grandfathering for the elite and their "schools of choice."

It's the little people who lack the acumen to make valid choices.

They might choose a religious school.

Religion is child abuse.

🎩
🧐

You're not wrong.

If you had any idea what you were talking about....

You would know it's not the entire student body

And more importantly you would know it's a flawed and unreliable test where schools of academic genius kids on their way to be engineers and scientists are only having 10% score as proficient.

It's not the students, teachers, or parents here. It's the test.

And my example is not an analogy. It's what schools around the nation have been experiencing for the last four years over and over. Which you would also know if you had any idea about what you are talking about
If 100% of the students in any one school cannot pass a math test, it's the entire student body for that school.

That you don't understand that only proves you're one of those who are deficient in math.

Schools that don't do well need to do well. Taking away funding isn't how that is done, in any sense of logic.

It's like taking away food from someone who is malnourished. ¯⁠\⁠(⁠°⁠_⁠o⁠)⁠/⁠¯

If 100% of the students in any one school cannot pass a math test, it's the entire student body for that school.

That you don't understand that only proves you're one of those who are deficient in math.
Normally I would encourage people who have no idea what they are talking about to be quiet, but you are so off the charts hilarious as you continue to post crap that is absolutely false and that anyone with even a basic understanding of this stuff would know is false that I'm way too entertained. Please keep telling us all about schools you know nothing about with students and teachers you know nothing about taking a test you know nothing about. If your boy Trump gets elected you probably will qualify for secretary of education at this rate.

Normally I would encourage people who have no idea what they are talking about to be quiet, but you are so off the charts hilarious as you continue to post crap that is absolutely false and that anyone with even a basic understanding of this stuff would know is false that I'm way too entertained. Please keep telling us all about schools you know nothing about with students and teachers you know nothing about taking a test you know nothing about. If your boy Trump gets elected you probably will qualify for secretary of education at this rate.

tl;dr;you're stupid as all fuck anyway

Back