Trump wins big, period

Immigration. It’s not just GOP voters who consider it a top issue. Voters of all stripes are fed up with the worsening chaos at the border and they correctly blame Biden.
The same Biden who has repeatedly requested more funds for border security, and the Republicans in Congress always vote it down? Nah, couldn't be.

Why are we pretending that that that this is a genuine race really on either side. The Right basically accepted this the moment Trump announced his candicy. The Left is oddly upset about Biden going for a second term. I mean I'm not a HUGE fan of it mind you. However I was pretty young when Bush Senior was running in 92. I remember no opposition to Bush jr in 2004, no opposition to Trump in 2020. No opposition to Clinton in 96. Nor to Obama in 2012. Isn't it basically tradition nobody seriously runs against an incumbant president if only for the optics of how it looks like an official vote of no confidence and since they have similar platforms a big why would you vote for the other guy if you don't think you're platform is a solid one?

The same Biden who has repeatedly requested more funds for border security, and the Republicans in Congress always vote it down? Nah, couldn't be.
Yes, same Biden who is facing a 67% disapproval rating by the American public on his handling of the border. Same Biden who took executive action to abandon the “remain in Mexico” policy, expand catch and release (Per DHS, 40% have disappeared), and terminate further wall construction, leading to a tripling of border encounters.

He has a chance to improve his performance and standing with the public if he can broker a meaningful immigration deal that can pass both chambers of congress. It won’t be easy but to his credit, his supplemental spending bill is bundled with to aid for Ukraine and Israel. The deal will have to closely resemble HR 2 that has been passed by the House.

Among other things, HR 2 tightens the credible fear stand, bars people from applying for asylum if they’ve passed through at least one third country (with certain exceptions), and bars them from applying if they haven’t come through a port of entry. In addition, “requires expedited removal for individuals who are unlawfully present or who unlawfully entered the United States. (Currently, DHS may, but is not required to, apply expedited removal to unlawfully present individuals who have been physically present in the United States for less than two years.)”

Like it or not, immigration is a top issue for voters. They are not happy with the surge that’s been happening under the Biden administration. He’s even getting heat (finally!) from members of his own party.

Immigration. It’s not just GOP voters who consider it a top issue. Voters of all stripes are fed up with the worsening chaos at the border and they correctly blame Biden.
Congress needs to act. Any action by the President is a band aid and just kicks the can down the road.

And? That's a bill that passed the House and neither the House nor the Senate has agreed on.

The President has said he is willing to compromise with fairly significant concessions.

So back to my original statement - Congress must act.

And? That's a bill that passed the House and neither the House nor the Senate has agreed on.

The President has said he is willing to compromise with fairly significant concessions.

So back to my original statement - Congress must act.
Yes. See #30

Yes. See #30
My comment was that the blame was being placed on Biden when he has actually offered concessions last year and has been waiting on Congress to do something. He's already been blocked by the courts for implementation of a port of entry requirement.

The remain in Mexico program was terminated because it was not actually doing anything except putting migrants in harms way for extended periods of time. The border wall program was insufficiently taking money from incorrect budgetary requirements.

So again.....Congress needs to act.

I'll reiterate - I don't believe Biden shares some blame here. But Congress unfairly places all blame there and the American people follow their lead which is just not correct

Last edited:
My comment was that the blame was being placed on Biden when he has actually offered concessions last year and has been waiting on Congress to do something. He's already been blocked by the courts for implementation of a port of entry requirement.

The remain in Mexico program was terminated because it was not actually doing anything except putting migrants in harms way for extended periods of time. The border wall program was insufficiently taking money from incorrect budgetary requirements.

So again.....Congress needs to act.

I'll reiterate - I don't believe Biden shares some blame here. But Congress unfairly places all blame there and the American people follow their lead which is just not correct
Obviously Biden’s past concessions were inadequate. The current negotiations are fluid and details are not known, but news reports and statements from congressional leaders in both parties indicate he might be more serious about meaningful reforms now. Odds of a deal passing both chambers are still long though.

Obviously Biden’s past concessions were inadequate. The current negotiations are fluid and details are not known, but news reports and statements from congressional leaders in both parties indicate he might be more serious about meaningful reforms now. Odds of a deal passing both chambers are still long though.
Compromise starts with ability to concede some positions as a starting point. Over time, during negotiations, more concessions are typically needed.

The rhetoric has been unbalanced from Congressional leaders while the White House has consistently, publicly offered more to reach a deal.

Odds of Congress doing anything are always low. Will they be willing to sacrifice a few things to take the steps that are needed? I'm already seeing that the negotiated compromise offered up is resulting in more calls for vacating of the speakership.....so.....¯⁠\⁠(⁠°⁠_⁠o⁠)⁠/⁠¯

Either they're serious about border security and will take as much as they can get to accomplish advancement or they'll do nothing and blame the President.

My money continues to be on the former.

It looks like the Biden asylum changes is actually moving forward:
Biden admin move to expedite asylum processing gets mixed feedback

Meanwhile
Record 3 million cases clog U.S. immigration courts

Compromise starts with ability to concede some positions as a starting point. Over time, during negotiations, more concessions are typically needed.

The rhetoric has been unbalanced from Congressional leaders while the White House has consistently, publicly offered more to reach a deal.

Odds of Congress doing anything are always low. Will they be willing to sacrifice a few things to take the steps that are needed? I'm already seeing that the negotiated compromise offered up is resulting in more calls for vacating of the speakership.....so.....¯⁠\⁠(⁠°⁠_⁠o⁠)⁠/⁠¯

Either they're serious about border security and will take as much as they can get to accomplish advancement or they'll do nothing and blame the President.

My money continues to be on the former.

It looks like the Biden asylum changes is actually moving forward:
Biden admin move to expedite asylum processing gets mixed feedback

Meanwhile
Record 3 million cases clog U.S. immigration courts
Blaming Congress isn’t helping Biden. Border encounters are surging. The public is very unhappy with the president’s handling of the crisis. Yesterday 14 House Democrats joined the GOP in condemning the president’s handling of the border crisis.

Blaming Congress isn’t helping Biden. Border encounters are surging. The public is very unhappy with the president’s handling of the crisis. Yesterday 14 House Democrats joined the GOP in condemning the president’s handling of the border crisis.
He hasnt blamed Congress for anything that doesn't deserve blame.

That can't be said for Congress regarding the President. Deflection is their only mode.

He hasnt blamed Congress for anything that doesn't deserve blame.

That can't be said for Congress regarding the President. Deflection is their only mode.
Biden has repeatedly tried to get funding for more border patrol but CONGRESS repeatedly votes it down!

Biden has repeatedly tried to get funding for more border patrol but CONGRESS repeatedly votes it down!
As long as immigrants can apply for asylum in the US without having to apply for asylum in countries they pass through, and as long as they can apply for asylum without crossing at a point of entry, and as long as the credible fear standard is lenient, and as long as they know they can be released in the US instead of being deported, the numbers will continue to be intolerable. HR 2 addresses those issues.

Biden is getting hammered by Democrats and Republicans on this issue. If no deal is reached, it will continue to dog him.

As long as immigrants can apply for asylum in the US without having to apply for asylum in countries they pass through, and as long as they can apply for asylum without crossing at a point of entry, and as long as the credible fear standard is lenient, and as long as they know they can be released in the US instead of being deported, the numbers will continue to be intolerable. HR 2 addresses those issues.

Biden is getting hammered by Democrats and Republicans on this issue. If no deal is reached, it will continue to dog him.
And if Congress ever passes HR2, it will then be Biden who will and at the time SHOULD get criticism.

Meanwhile, his asylum policy changes are not being reported at all and certainly not given credit.

You want the blame on Biden, and there is nothing, not even fact which will change your mind, therefore, debating this with you is irrelevant and useless.

You want the blame on Biden, and there is nothing, not even fact which will change your mind, therefore, debating this with you is irrelevant and useless.
Two thirds of American voters blame Biden. Yesterday, 14 Democrats in Congress publicly condemned his handling of immigration. You can say he’s not to blame all day long but Americans aren’t buying it. They know better.

Two thirds of American voters blame Biden.
Mostly because they're low information voters and believe the right wing propaganda. To some extent, that'll change when the campaign season is in high gear and more people are paying attention.

Two thirds of American voters blame Biden. Yesterday, 14 Democrats in Congress publicly condemned his handling of immigration. You can say he’s not to blame all day long but Americans aren’t buying it. They know better.
Don't make me tap the sign....

They also blame Biden for high gas prices and inflation, but neither is his fault either. If I hear one more maga moron say,"when trump was president, gas prices were $2 a gallon!",my head is going to explode! When trump was president we were in lockdown bc of covid and NOBODY could fly! Supply and Demand. No demand for gas,so prices were dirt cheap!!! And the same immigration policies that trump initiated( bc of covid) were still in place when Biden took office( bc he beat trump). Title 42 just expired bc the covid crisis which called for title 42 passed and couldn't be continued. IT EXPIRED. Biden didn't open the floodgates,all the people who couldn't get in bc of the pandemic, were still waiting at the border when title 42 expired.

They also blame Biden for high gas prices and inflation, but neither is his fault either. If I hear one more maga moron say,"when trump was president, gas prices were $2 a gallon!",my head is going to explode! When trump was president we were in lockdown bc of covid and NOBODY could fly! Supply and Demand. No demand for gas,so prices were dirt cheap!!! And the same immigration policies that trump initiated( bc of covid) were still in place when Biden took office( bc he beat trump). Title 42 just expired bc the covid crisis which called for title 42 passed and couldn't be continued. IT EXPIRED. Biden didn't open the floodgates,all the people who couldn't get in bc of the pandemic, were still waiting at the border when title 42 expired.
Presidents do get blamed when gas prices spike. Been that way since the 70s and Biden was no exception last year when they spiked. Prices have dropped since then and the issue has faded.

The border is now a top issue because encounters began surging as soon as he took office. He’s the president. If I were him I’d get behind HR 2 and get the Senate on board. After all, he’s spent decades doing deals there. He could disarm House GOP conservatives by supporting their bill and rightly take credit for passing a bipartisan bill that contains the essential ingredients needed to address the problem. Don’t hold your breath though.

Back