Trump wins big, period

SugarDaddy1

Literotica Guru
TRUMP WINS BIG, PERIOD. Des Moines Even though it was the first time Republicans had voted in this presidential contest, there was a last-stand mentality here in Iowa among those who hoped to stop former President Donald Trump from reclaiming the Republican nomination. Their goal was to push the candidacy of former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley hard and hope that Haley, together with the fading Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL), would not actually defeat Trump but keep him below 50% of the total vote. That way, they would argue that, in total, more GOP caucus voters had voted for someone other than Trump than voted for him.

It didn’t work. Trump won with 51% of the vote and can now make the opposite argument: I won more votes than all the opposition combined. It’s over. Why don’t we just give me the nomination right now? An even shorter version of the night is: Trump won big, period.

He won 98 of Iowa’s 99 counties the one he lost, in the county where the University of Iowa is located, he lost to Haley by a single vote, and even that might change in the final tally. And Trump won every group. He won women voters. He won men. He won urban, suburban, and rural voters. He won every age group over 30, losing only the 18-to-29 group. He won evangelical Christians. He won college graduates. He won those without a college degree. In short, he won everybody.

Trump’s across-the-board victory is sure to push the anti-Trump forces to wage an even more desperate battle against him in the New Hampshire primary, eight days away. Of course, Trump is leading in the polls there, too, although not nearly as decisively as he did in Iowa. But in New Hampshire, the anti-Trump forces’ hope will be to convince enough Democrats and independent (known in New Hampshire as “undeclared”) voters to take part in the Republican primary and defeat Trump.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/daily-memo/2798569/trump-wins-big-period/

The Iowa GOP is racially unrepresentative of the nation, but even they could barely muster 50% for the indicted white supremacist.

GOP is backing a proven loser so far.

The Iowa GOP is racially unrepresentative of the nation, but even they could barely muster 50% for the indicted white supremacist.

GOP is backing a proven loser so far.
Oh I'm pretty sure Trump will win the nomination. Which is great because he's the only candidate Biden can beat....

What's sad is there will be four more years of Biden. Haley could defeat Biden but will not get the chance. Republican'ts biting their noses to spite their face. I wrote my Republican't Senator and told him that. No reply because women need to stay in the kitchen.

I can't recall a Republican candidate whose main claim was "electability" ever actually winning.

Haley is a terrible candidate, pushed forward by those who can control her with money. Her support comes from people who profit on endless war, which she seems willing to deliver - and the Koch bros who want God knows what. She's not accomplished, intelligent, or independent in the rare bit of thinking she does engage in.

And when all a candidate has to offer is a big pile of nothing... "electability" is the last refuge.
She did an excellent job of bringing new BIG companies to South Carolina. Yes, I think Haley is a hawk and would not like to have her as President. But at least she should be given a shot for two reasons. One, I think Biden would retire and two it would piss off Hitlery.

She did an excellent job of bringing new BIG companies to South Carolina. Yes, I think Haley is a hawk and would not like to have her as President. But at least she should be given a shot for two reasons. One, I think Biden would retire and two it would piss off Hitlery.

This is Nikki Haley:

https://jacobin.com/2024/01/nikki-haley-south-carolina-scandal-mismanagement

If any decent person has the attention span to read the entire report, they would inevitably come to the conclusion that she is only a marginally better choice than the corrupt orange traitor.

President Biden is far and away more competent and moral than anything the “republicans" have to offer.

Full stop.

👍

🇺🇸

Trump did win and win big and he'll make the most of it.. Trump is a good salesman, he'll sell the fact he won Iowa and sell it over and over again like he did his Alabama win in 2015.. Alabama the reddest state in the nation and in 2015 was a given for Trump and he made it sound like it was the biggest win in history and that propelled him toward the presidency.. it was a masterful job of salesmanship.

If he would have lost Iowa he'd be toast. I doubt he'll win the next three NH, NV and SC.. I know for a fact he'll lose Nevada, he's not on the ballot in the silver state. Nevada didn't remove him, the dumbass forgot the send in an application, the senile old bastard screwed himself.. Between Haley and Desantis I don't know who will win Nevada.

New Hampshire is a far cry from conservative evangelical Iowa and like many, those in that state don't want the chaos that comes with Trump. SC is going to vote for their hometown girl.. So three losses in a row for Trump.. I predict Harley will win both..

Then comes Michigan and Michigan is the key.. if Trump loses in Michigan he's toast and we'll get to listen to four years of how the primaries were rigged. If he wins he'll get to be the republican presidential candidate.. Giving him have a good chance of becoming the second president in history to win two nonconsecutive terms. May God have mercy on us all. If he is nominated and loses again we'll hear incessant whining about how the election was rigged till he draws his last breath.

Last edited:
Oh I'm pretty sure Trump will win the nomination. Which is great because he's the only candidate Biden can beat....
With friends like this, who needs enemies?
I already knew US liberals were a bunch of Chicken Littles, always certain they're going to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Didn't know that malady had made its way to Canada too.

Nikki Haley is just as right wing as Trump on most issues, plus she is a woman of color (which means a perhaps small, but definitely substantial share of the GOP base will stay home on election day), and the left is still fired up about the abortion issue. Not to mention even if she were a white male, he still wouldn't be Trump, which means the hidden deplorables probably wouldn't bother voting. Geez.

I already knew US liberals were a bunch of Chicken Littles, always certain they're going to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Didn't know that malady had made its way to Canada too.

Nikki Haley is just as right wing as Trump on most issues, plus she is a woman of color (which means a perhaps small, but definitely substantial share of the GOP base will stay home on election day), and the left is still fired up about the abortion issue. Not to mention even if she were a white male, he still wouldn't be Trump, which means the hidden deplorables probably wouldn't bother voting. Geez.

Yeah, in reality, President Biden would crush any "republican" candidate other than the corrupt orange traitor, because sooooo many MAGAts would sit at home and pout or get arrested for acting out like petulant children.

That ^ is the real reason Weaker McCarthy went to Mar a Lago with hat in hand.

“republicans” won’t win another election for dog catcher if they lose the MAGAts.

The corrupt orange traitor OWNS the “republican" party.

*nods*

I stand by my opinion, but my opinion doesn't mean Biden is a poor president, or would be bad in a second term. Just that people want a change. You can see that. The economy is doing great, but people are bitching, unemployment is down, and people are bitching. People are stupid and herd like, Trump though on the ballot makes the choice for them, because they know Trump would be worse than the perceived poor performing Biden.
She'd beat Biden though, and not because she'd be a better President, because people want a change.

She'd beat Biden though, and not because she'd be a better President, because people want a change.
They do not want a change back to Trump. I mean, his cult members are convinced everything was coming up roses under him, but most other people know what a disgrace he was and how utterly incompetent he was. And Haley, no matter how she tries to distance herself now (and she isn't even really trying very hard), was a prominent member of his administration.
Once the campaign season kicks into high gear, people will start paying more attention, and will realize Biden has actually been doing a pretty good job. The problem right now is that only the MAGAts are paying close attention, and of course they're going to say Biden is doing a horrible job.

They do not want a change back to Trump.
Which is why Biden wins, because the majority of Republicans and independents don't want Trump.
And Haley, no matter how she tries to distance herself now (and she isn't even really trying very hard), was a prominent member of his administration.
But the Republicans don't care, and that majority plus MAGA's will vote for her. Which is why IMHO she beats Biden.
Once the campaign season kicks into high gear, people will start paying more attention, and will realize Biden has actually been doing a pretty good job.
You have more faith in the herd than I do.
The problem right now is that only the MAGAts are paying close attention, and of course they're going to say Biden is doing a horrible job.
True, most of the vocalism is from the far right!

Yeah it's historic, but then he's been running away with it since the start. It's historic but no big surprise. All the rest have been squabbling over who was going to be 2nd place.

But the Republicans don't care, and that majority plus MAGA's will vote for her. Which is why IMHO she beats Biden.
We've already seen repeatedly how the hidden deplorables don't vote at all unless Trump is on the ballot. Even among the MAGAts who would still vote, a woman of color who has criticized Dear Leader? Maybe that will only keep a small percentage away, but the Republicans can't afford any losses in their base.

We've already seen repeatedly how the hidden deplorables don't vote at all unless Trump is on the ballot. Even among the MAGAts who would still vote, a woman of color who has criticized Dear Leader? Maybe that will only keep a small percentage away, but the Republicans can't afford any losses in their base.
True, there were 1.7 million deaths from COVID alone, and most of the seniors aged were ones who voted Republican. Add in the 6 million Boomers who have also died since 2020.Yep they need all the votes they can get.

Trump can't win the general because there aren't enough racists and pedophiles voting.

Haley can't win the general because the GOP has too many sexists

Desantis can't win the general because thankfully we really have somewhat concentrated the idiots to Florida.

Immigration. It’s not just GOP voters who consider it a top issue. Voters of all stripes are fed up with the worsening chaos at the border and they correctly blame Biden.

Back