Tolyk's Gallery

It's so pretty, the water looks smooth, the first word that came to mind was cotton.

A visit back to another of my favourite spots. This time, depite it being busy, noone ended up in my frame.

Last edited:
How do you get the water to look like that? It's almost like spider webs.

How do you get the water to look like that? It's almost like spider webs.

Moving water is chaotic, ever shifting. That lends itself well to a long exposure. The longer you leave your shutter open, the more blurred into itself the water becomes. This one is not open quite as long as usual for me, I forgot my filter I use in the car :|

Goofing off with tree roots.. not sure I like this one.

Last edited:
My views on scenery photos are very simplistic. I don't look for hidden beauty, usually I look for an overall sense of beauty, something pretty or something that stands out. This photo is something that I would glance at but nothing catches my attention or stands out.

Pretty stoked right now, just made my first actual print sale :D Two images 16x24, sold!

School me, T! These are amazing. So vivid, yet peaceful. I'm envious of the talent.

School me, T! These are amazing. So vivid, yet peaceful. I'm envious of the talent.

I'm still a student :) but happy to teach whatever I know. Always feel free to ask any questions corbal!

14545814384_c1319b7a99_b.jpg

I love this. I expect to see hobbits and elves any moment. :)

Congratulations Tolyk!

Don't forget us little people when you make it big :)

A visit back to another of my favourite spots. This time, depite it being busy, noone ended up in my frame.
(image omitted for brevity)

This image, like some of your others really stands out to me. The milky texture of the water makes me think you used a time lapse camera to take this shot. That isn't really that remarkable, except when you take in consideration that things that aren't moving are crystal clear without any blurriness. That too isn't THAT exceptional, except that the image looks like you were standing in the middle of the stream, which; if you were hand-holding it, is VERY praise-worthy for not having any blurriness on still items, or if it was on a tripod, which, it's legs being buffeted by the stream, again seems astonishing that the still items are without blur.

There is some new technology that came out... well maybe it isn't SO new, but even if this is what you used, I have never seen it used so well.

Very nice capture.

This image, like some of your others really stands out to me. The milky texture of the water makes me think you used a time lapse camera to take this shot. That isn't really that remarkable, except when you take in consideration that things that aren't moving are crystal clear without any blurriness. That too isn't THAT exceptional, except that the image looks like you were standing in the middle of the stream, which; if you were hand-holding it, is VERY praise-worthy for not having any blurriness on still items, or if it was on a tripod, which, it's legs being buffeted by the stream, again seems astonishing that the still items are without blur.

There is some new technology that came out... well maybe it isn't SO new, but even if this is what you used, I have never seen it used so well.

Very nice capture.
I was indeed on a tripod, and it was nestled as securely as I could in the river, with my camera only inches above the water. I'm pretty steady and can shoot pretty slow shutter speeds hand held, but not this slow.

Glad you like it :)

All that moss, the trees! So vivid! Unf! :heart:

That path looks so magical! Beautifully captured :heart:

You may not be sure if you like it, but I do. Those roots look beautiful :heart:
Thanks Lily! *hugs* Appreciate you taking the time, and the comments!

Just a little bump to say I'm now offering print sales. If there's an image that catches your eye, inquire about obtaining a print. I will be selling non-framed for shipping purposes.

Example of cost: 16"x24" - 40 bucks +shipping

wow!

EDITED TO ADD: Prints are now available, on a range of mediums. Love metallic? No problem. Canvas to wrap? Absolutely. Plain jane Luster or Matte, easy :) Feel free to inquire about pricing for whatever size image you want (up to 44" width at least)

Welcome to my gallery. In here you'll find images from when I first started exploring digital photography, to some of my more current work.

Here are my favourite images I've taken. These are also posted later on in the thread, but wanted to alter the first post to reflect my current ability. Please feel free to leave critiques, and hopefully you enjoy my imagery.

Tol

7387948696_a6731f0fec_b.jpg

8848446387_849d2e6fd0_b.jpg

9886839416_61d6783d6f_b.jpg

9830447755_c427457c14_b.jpg

9847877436_80ac11304f_b.jpg

these are all some really stunning shots, you've certainly got a talent.

these are all some really stunning shots, you've certainly got a talent.

Thank you :)

Sadly I've nothing new to put on display, I am however heading out on my first photo trip in almost 5 months in a couple days. Hopefully the weather cooperates and I get some keepers :)

These are some very nice shots, picturesque in the perfect sense. Thanks for sharing. :rose:

Back