Tolyk's Gallery

That's one scary looking bridge.

I think the composition would be better if it was cropped down to avoid the distraction on the right of the photo.

Yeah, I thought of that too and have an image I captured that was tighter but Ilike the curve if the old rail exactly where its at in hat crop. So on the end it was my favourite of he bridge shots.

Here's one :)

14397843821_85b3e2805e_h.jpg

Beautiful.

That is really nice! Post some that you are not happy with as well. I'm curious about what you don't like in a picture.

What is wrong with it?

I can't out my finger on it fully, but it's probably just that it didn't come out as I envisioned it. Too shallow depth of field, cropped the bend of the river slightly, didn'tget the rotting log in tthe foreground that I wanted.. So its more me. Probably nothing wrong with the image itself.

I look at photography like art, eye of the beholder etc. i liked it :)

I love that you are sharing the pictures you take.
Land scape pictures and night time sky lines are my favorite. you have a good amount of both!!. I'll need to look at some of the other pages as well.
Great eye Mr. :)

I love that you are sharing the pictures you take.
Land scape pictures and night time sky lines are my favorite. you have a good amount of both!!. I'll need to look at some of the other pages as well.
Great eye Mr. :)

Thank you :) Thanks for taking the time to look :D

I can't out my finger on it fully, but it's probably just that it didn't come out as I envisioned it. Too shallow depth of field, cropped the bend of the river slightly, didn'tget the rotting log in tthe foreground that I wanted.. So its more me. Probably nothing wrong with the image itself.

I know what you are saying bro... I cannot put my finger on it either, but let me try

- the stream leads you eyes to the back, up the middle of the pic, in theory that is ok but I think recomposing a to shift it left or right would improve the shot.

- the colours seem I am not sure the word but in the back ground you have the trees that look black and white ish, the green on the grass looks good (fresh rain with some morning light?) the tones are the rocks look good too... so I think for me its the black and white on the trees behind

- the long exposure on the water I think could have been longer, just through a ND filer or another ND filter to get that water silky smooth. Or tone down the highlight

water fall

checkout this guy he is really good, seems to do a fair amount of editing and HDR link

lol and now you can give me $0.05 back for my 2 cents :)

I know what you are saying bro... I cannot put my finger on it either, but let me try

- the stream leads you eyes to the back, up the middle of the pic, in theory that is ok but I think recomposing a to shift it left or right would improve the shot.

- the colours seem I am not sure the word but in the back ground you have the trees that look black and white ish, the green on the grass looks good (fresh rain with some morning light?) the tones are the rocks look good too... so I think for me its the black and white on the trees behind

- the long exposure on the water I think could have been longer, just through a ND filer or another ND filter to get that water silky smooth. Or tone down the highlight

water fall

checkout this guy he is really good, seems to do a fair amount of editing and HDR link

I'll chew over what you've said :)

As for the HDR and editing, I like to stick to a minimalist approach with all of that. Will look at the links when I'm on a full blown computer though.

water fall

I was using 8 stops of ND for that shot, and it was partly cloudy (and under a canopy of leaves), and I was at f22.

I did tone down the highlights in post, but it isn't the things you mentioned that I don't like about the photo, I just really don't like the image. But I was asked to share one even if I didn't like it, so voila :p I do appreciate the breakdown you gave though! Please feel free to do so for any of my images. Every image there's a possibility to learn :)

Trey Ratcliff is way too over the top for my likes. Too much HDR. The smooth water, I know how to do that, but everyone has a different opinion on how smooth to go. I like to leave the implication of movement, but smooth enough to create leading lines. That image is about right for my preference.

Went back to an old favourite spot to see how badly it was affected by the floods last year. The water fall remains, but the area is completely changed. From the path of the creek and the washed out bridges, to the missing moss on the rocks. Not the same place :( Still love the water fall there though, so took a few quick shots.

Last edited:
Went back to an old favourite spot to see how badly it was affected by the floods last year. The water fall remains, but the area is completely changed. From the path of the creek and the washed out bridges, to the missing moss on the rocks. Not the same place :( Still love the water fall there though, so took a few quick shots.

14246765020_6c4f7dbeaf_b.jpg

14453585123_3fbabb2153_b.jpg

Beautiful waterfall shots! I had a favorite spot where I found so much peace, after the last big fire I was afraid to return to see all the damage and beauty gone, even though the regrowth would supply a beauty of it's own. I just prefer the memories.

Beautiful waterfall shots! I had a favorite spot where I found so much peace, after the last big fire I was afraid to return to see all the damage and beauty gone, even though the regrowth would supply a beauty of it's own. I just prefer the memories.

Yeah, it's hard to go back to a devastated area, especially when it's got some emotional attachment. I didn't take any photos of the other areas we visited yesterday, too much destruction.

I like this series of pics great colour and easy for the eyes to follow...

sorry to hear that the area is decaying :(

I like this series of pics great colour and easy for the eyes to follow...

sorry to hear that the area is decaying :(

Not really decaying, just massively devastated. It will heal, in time. I will probably keep capturing images while it heals, i just won't be going in as frequently as I used to.. Maybe once a year to check progress :)

Glad you like em. I am fond of the landscape orientation one more so.

Back