To love a death angel (closed)

She smiled a little put her bag down and shrugged.

I can sleep on the couch its okay.

"you will sleep in the bed. Now, sit down and relax. Tell me everything you think I need to know in order to protect you"

He watched her sit on the sofa and then sat next to her. He sat close to her...wanting to assure her that he was going to protect her.

I... I don't know just Carl and I being shot and then waking up in the morgue after some insane nightmares. The old man said I would remember more but it would take time and to stay.close to my guardian.

stay close to me. I will take care of you. When you remember anything, just let me know.

It is my sworn duty to protect you. I will do anything I must to ensure that you are not harmed. *he placed his hand on her knee to reassure her*

I... I don't understand any of this but... I am glad you are here with me.

I don't understand it either, but we will get through it together. Don't let it worry you. *He patted her knee and smiled at her*

She smiled at his comforting words and watched his eyes.

So... Never really lived with anyone before... Long term. What do we...

She took his hand her eyes held a thousand mile stare to them for a long moment.

Case... Your case before you got called to the morgue... You know he is guilty... But he will walk they won't talk... More scared of cops and this vermin than just talking...

She let go of his hand quickly and nearly leaped across the room from him shaking.

He couldn't believe what he was hearing. She was foretelling the future. How was this possible? How did he get mixed up in all of this? Was this a dream?

She was shaking.

I... I can't make them talk... But...

She touched the daggers on her thigh.

They can make him talk... We can make him talk.

He tried to get her to relax. Her shaking had him worried. She was his to protect, and the shaking concerned him that there could be something he couldn't control. "I will follow you and protect you no matter what it is you need to do." He wrapped his arm around her in an effort to comfort her.

She curled against him with a smile.

I can't do anything I don't think until he walks then let the daggers do their job.

*he held her close to him. She felt cold. He wanted to warm her up*

You tell me what you need me to do to assist you. I will make sure you have everything you need and that you are safe.

Smiling at him she didn't realize she curled closer against him. Physical contact with another living being seemed so strange yet comforting.

He caressed her arm with his hand as he held her. He wanted to do whatever he could to assure her that he was going to take care of her and protect her.

She had no idea why but she kissed his cheek nearly at the corner of his lips.

The kiss from her shocked him. He turned and looked at her. "I will take care of you. Whatever you need, I will provide."

You being here with me... Letting me stay here you are helping me. I don't know why I just did that... I'm sorry.

"There is nothing to be sorry for. Your lips are soft and sweet. I am not complaining." He caressed her cheek lightly and looked into her eyes.

A couple of days ago... Carl was actually hinting about setting me up with some young cop he trusted and thought would like me.

She shrugged.

"You are going to be fine. I am going to go into the bedroom and change the sheets and clean up a little for you." He kissed her cheek and got up and went into the bedroom.

Nodding she watched him leave the room then she began studying the daggers feeling strangely comfortable with them.

He made up the bed with fresh sheets and a clean blanket. He tidied up the room a little; feeling uncomfortable with a woman staying in a room that wasn't neat. All the time his mind wandered over just what he was getting himself into. It was crazy. He had no idea what was going on, but he was feeling very protective of her.

I should get some sleep... Still kinda feeling weird from all of this. Unfortunately doesn't loom like the knives can be taken off.

Back