To love a death angel (closed)

"So, the Death Angel is supposed to protect someone? Or, is someone supposed to protect the Death Angel? You have to pardon my ignorance, but I have no idea what this is all about"

You are her guardian. The guardian is always a cop except for twice those two times it was a federal agent.

Death angels throughout time have been "born" from dying doing a good deed in a dark life.

"So, it is my task, to protect her? I am supposed to be her guardian? She looks like she made out okay in this situation. Carl, on the other hand, didn't fare so well."

Boy... She was dead. In the several hours she laid there bleeding out and in that morgue dead... She was literally in hell...

She slowly stood up staring at them.

What felt like days of torture and beatings by the Gods and Goddesses of death and pain slicing me to ribbons. They could not break her

"So, you are telling me that the woman on my bed spent several days in hell fighting off the forces of death? You have to understand my skepticism. How am I expected to believe that? "

His head hurt like you could never believe. In his bed was a beautiful woman whose body was getting rid of bullet slugs, and who, according to the old guy, had spent several days in hell. All of that and Terry was now expected to be her guardian.

You don't believe me? I am counting about 25-30 spent bullets pushed out of that tiny body. Put your hand on that mark on her chest. See what she has been through boy. T

The old man knelt down and tried to get her to focus just in case her march through hell was still fresh in her mind and that touch might set her off.

Terry walked closer to the woman. He put his hand to her chest and felt the mark there. His eyes were on the slugs that were on his bed, which had been pushed from her body.

"It isn't that I don't believe you. I don't believe my own eyes. I can't believe what I am seeing." He paused. "How can I protect her?"

Once he touched the mark her eyes sealed on he old man though she was miles ways safe but her own video recording of the tortures of hell and her icy survival of it all. The mark glowed the blades seemed to shimmer till her ordeal finished playing out for the guardian.

He saw a vision that seemed like a horror movie. He looked at her as his hand was frozen to the mark on her chest. Once the vision was over, he was able to remove his hand from her chest. He looked to the old man and then to the woman. He thought he understood his role now. He would find out if he was right.

There are those... Dark evil who will double back on deals with death... I will send them to the death they tried to cheat. Protect innocent ones who were caught in crossfire.

Terry was still tryng to make some sense of what was going on, but he was committed to protecting her, and he would do it to the best of his ability. He wasn't sure what would be involved, but he was feeling up to it. He never backed away from a challenge.

The old man calmed when it seemed they calmed then handed her a flask.

Take a drink kid... Gonna burn like hell no pun intended but it will help you back to the here and now.

Once she took it he motioned for Terry to follow him to talk in private.

I was a guardian once too. Long story for another time but here is what I can tell you... She and the old man were targeted now that could mean one of two things random dumbass luck coincidence kind of stuff or... There is a lesser sect within the political and religious sect of the world that want to turn her into a weapon for their own gain. Good thing you were the true first person to see her come back to life and don't worry about the bozo at the morgue... He has been dealt with.

"I will do whatever I have to do to protect her. I am not even going to pretend like I know what is going on. Hopefully, I will be able to figure it out as time goes on, but I will make sure she is safe. I don't care who it is that is after her or what the reason for them being after her is."

You two have any questions you know where to find me.

The old man walked back and checked on her then left. She called out a few moments later.

Officer...

He walked over and sat next to her on the bed. He thought it was odd that there was a woman in his bed and there was nothing sexual about it. Hell, he didnt really know anything about it.

He stroked her arm for a moment. "What is it? What can I do for you?"

Why did they kill him? He was just trying to get them to leave me alone. I had never seen them before. None of this makes sense.

She was shaking staring at the knives bonded to sheaths against her thigh.

"I don't know why they killed him, or why they were bothering you. If I have time I will find out why they did that. In the mean time, my task is to protect you and I have every intention of being successful." He ran his fingers through her hair trying to relax her.

She smiled and curled into the caress feeling safe and calm.
Guess I should show you where I live.

She bit her lip knowing now she would have to stay in the abandoned apartment building she and so many others call home.

"There is no hurry. If you want to show me now, that is fine." I take her hand and let her lead me to where she lives. As we move I am ever vigilant....suspicious of every movement made by anyone we encounter.

She walked with him till they got to a nearly completely abandoned part of town littered by a few shops and rundown if not completely abandoned buildings. She made her way up the stairs to what was left of a two story flat.

Here ya go

He looked around at what she called home. He was socked at what he saw.

"Is it necessary for you to stay here? Why don't you stay at my place? It is better and I can protect you better there."

Only place I have known to call home for years. I... I wouldn't want to be in the way.

She moved over to a set of shelves built into the wall and picked up a couple things and put them in a backpack near an old mattress and then turned looking to him. She held out an old photo of what she suspected was this house in its hay day.

you wouldn't be in the way. You deserve better than this.

*he looked at the picture.*

This place was great in its hayday. It is better that you come with me.

She nodded and smiled a little to him biting her lip as she grabbed what little she had and walked back over to him.

He led her out of the place; taking her hand as they exited the building. He was careful as they returned to his place. When they arrived, he took her in the back entrance and up the rear staircase. Once they were inside he relaxed.

He pointed to the bedroom. "That is where you will sleep. I will stay out here on the couch." He walked into the kitchen, poured each of them some lemonade, and walked back over to her. "Relax and make yourself at home. This is your home now."

Back