"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Dada said:
So my removing the poem does not mean that I agree with yours or others definition of a found poem.

i didn't realize "found poem" had more that one definition.

i'd be interested to hear yours, one that allows you to take someone else's words, with no rearrangement or meaning change, and put your name next to them without thinking it's plagiarism.

PatCarrington said:
i didn't realize "found poem" had more that one definition.

i'd be interested to hear yours, one that allows you to take someone else's words, with no rearrangement or meaning change, and put your name next to them without thinking it's plagiarism.
i didn't realize
found poem
found poem
had more

than one definition

I found it. Now it's all mine. :D

WickedEve said:
i didn't realize
found poem
found poem
had more

than one definition

I found it. Now it's all mine. :D

Finders, Keepers

found!
found!

one poem
had more
than one definition.
now realize,
i found it.

poem!

it's all mine.

Angeline said:
Finders, Keepers

found!
found!

one poem
had more
than one definition.
now realize,
i found it.

poem!

it's all mine.
Angeline
Real Poet
Angeline

Join Join
Join

birdnest

(know all that info around your av? I found it. It's now all mine!)

WickedEve said:
Angeline
Real Poet
Angeline

Join Join
Join

birdnest

(know all that info around your av? I found it. It's now all mine!)

my, but we're feeling playful today, ladies.

eve - how would you define a "found flower"?

i found one in the most unlikely of places...does that make it mine?

:rose:

PatCarrington said:
my, but we're feeling playful today, ladies.

eve - how would you define a "found flower"?

i found one in the most unlikely of places...does that make it mine?

It's all yours... unless it's growing in a private garden.

WickedEve said:
It's all yours... unless it's growing in a private garden.

apparently, according to a plagiarist's bible, the violation of privacy is a basic tenet of all found things.

the words grown in your mind are no longer yours...are gardens different?

PatCarrington said:
apparently, according to a plagiarist's bible, the violation of privacy is a basic tenet of all found things.

the words grown in your mind are no longer yours...are gardens different?
Okay, I grew the flower and kept it quite happy. You pick the flower to make it all yours. I have you arrested. One night in prison, a guy who ate half his town approaches you and asks, "what you in here for, bitch?" Don't say you stole a flower. Don't say you plagiarized it or licked it. Say you raped it and plucked its petals. If that doesn't save your ass, then you can spend the night weeping, holding your flower close--the one pressed between two sheets of toilet paper.
So, what I am really trying to say? Who knows. I have to go ship a Yoruba shrine figure to Kansas.
later

WickedEve said:
Okay, I grew the flower and kept it quite happy. You pick the flower to make it all yours. I have you arrested. One night in prison, a guy who ate half his town approaches you and asks, "what you in here for, bitch?" Don't say you stole a flower. Don't say you plagiarized it or licked it. Say you raped it and plucked its petals. If that doesn't save your ass, then you can spend the night weeping, holding your flower close--the one pressed between two sheets of toilet paper.
So, what I am really trying to say? Who knows. I have to go ship a Yoruba shrine figure to Kansas.
later

:D

:kiss:

PatCarrington said:
Darn P.O. was closed. Do you have any idea how hard it was for one lone woman to drag a shrine figure up the stairs of an old post office building? I'm so upset. I'm going to go play in my garden.

Thank you, BB, for covering the reviews today!

I can't do them next week, either, and MojoCat has volunteered to help out. Thanks, MC!

ty/BB

for the mention of Elemental things...and eve I agree butterfly needs to go..makes it less fru fru..thanks so much all...
hugZEnBlue... ;)

Thanks Blue~~

For the mention of War's Vision - 3 in the New Poems Review thread.

Thank you Tess, for recommending my glosa, Winter Harbor. You called it peaceful; I found it kinda creepy myself but they come out the way they come out, eh? :D

And much thanks to jthserra for his kind comment and you others who read it, not to mention Wildsweetone for the muse.

Ange

thank you for the mention, triss.

most times i do not find it necessary to define my poetry, i like it to be whatever the reader makes of it. but debase+ment was actually not about jerking off, like 90 percent of my other poems are...it was about smashing someone's skull with a hammer. :)

curt

Thanks Tristesse for mentioning my poem The Taking Of Yurkiko and thankyou to those who have commented on it, as always I appreciate the criticisms and take note of them.

I don't consider myself very good at writing erotica and this was something of a departure for me but I found it an interesting exercise.

Thanks Rybka for the mention of my latest submission, A Man and A Woman - III. This one snuck up on me during, of course, Monday Night Football, while playing with ~Novelty~.

Friday, November 18th

Guys, I'm a little confused, as it's 11 am my time but the only poems up are yesterday's, which Rybka has reviewed.

Is it possible that...gasp....there are no new poems today?
I'd feel like such a jerk! "Sure, flyguy, I'll do your Friday reviews...heh heh heh."

I'll keep an eye on the new poems page as perhaps they don't cycle in until later in the day, and if any show up I'll edit this post to reflect my reviews.

So, uh....as you were, poets.

UBU alert!

Bill Dada said:
In my original post I was trying to find out if indeed it was from a play by this person and not something made up by Ubu. .

Yeah, you have to watch out for that UBU -- he's always making up quotes by Nazi playwrights!

My thanks to Rybka for the mention of and generous words for Home and to those who took the trouble to PM me because my "comments button"was disabled.

Thank You Rybka~

"Yes" I wrote "The Hurdle" after a writing lesson from Du Lac
she gets the credit for that one after I had asked her for help on a story I am writing called "Candy Cane" <submitted and coming out soon> I needed a different angle from my normal write and Du finger pointed me to some reading that has given me what I needed for the story as well as gives me a new arena in which to write in? <grin>

A thanks to bogusbrig~

For the mention in the New Poems thread of "Children of Enlightenment". After hearing one too many claims as to how this is a Christian nation founded by Christians, blah, blah, blah, something snapped & I scribbled out this Sunday offering. It was Deist thinking that laid out the fundamental documents to which we always refer and by the start of the 19th century, Deism was the country's bedrock. You'd hardly know that now!

Tristesse said:
My thanks to Rybka for the mention of and generous words for Home and to those who took the trouble to PM me because my "comments button"was disabled.

Oh my ...

I loved that poem Tess. I even put it on my Fav's today. I commented,
now I am gonna have to go back and make sure it is there.
Grrr, I hate it when I goof like that. Anywho ... I love your imagery
and flow. You took me back to a wonderful time in my life
and I am so glad you wrote that, great timing too.
Thanksgiving and all. Thank you ... for giving us
a sweet poem filled with love and sentiment ~

:rose: :rose:

Thank you DuLac~

For the mention in the reviews...
on As You Rain.

I really appreciate the mention,
and the continued feedback
and support from all of you,
in LIT LAND !!!

Have a Great Monday !!

-sGp- ;)

Memory Like Instinct

Thank you sweet Syndra (Yikes! I mean bluerains! Syndra commented--I'm tired. mea culpa!) for mentioning my poem and commenting on it. Thank you to those who also commented and voted.

And thank you Maria for the Blackbird thread and Tathagata for telling me I have a power animal that speaks to me. Mine's not a crow though. I think it's a lox.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back