Time zone...

Anton25

Really Really Experienced
Hi Authors,
Am wondering what time zone the Literotica staff (Lauren and co) are working. Just a thought.
Also, do they keep 'regular' working times like 9 to 5..?

Just wondering...

If I am not mistaken, the website itself works in the GMT -7 time zone. And that is all you can know for sure. You will likely get many replies saying how Laurel works like this or that, how she does all alone, and how there are no other story admins. It's just her and her faithful hamster against the world. The truth is, no one knows really. No one (on AH) knows in which state she lives, how she does what she does, and if she even does it at all, etc. All there is, are some vague references from Laurel herself from years and years ago. If they were ever true in the first place. I swear it, sometimes I think even the CIA is more transparent about their work than Laurel. I believe they even communicate more than she does 😄

Interesting! I am edited a story that was sent back. Submitted it again.. fingers crossed. I live in Europe 2115 hours so maybe when I wake up tomorrow….

Interesting! I am edited a story that was sent back. Submitted it again.. fingers crossed. I live in Europe 2115 hours so maybe when I wake up tomorrow….
All the cool people live in Europe ;)

It can take some time when you resubmit your work unless you successfully PMed Laurel, explaining the way you corrected the story. It happened to me once or twice and PMing her can speed things up significantly. Truth be told, that was way back when she actually responded to my PMs 👻

Thanks, I will try messaging her. She probably has loads of messages from impatient authors...

There's wherever she is, he is, and the servers are. That woman is more secretive than I am.

I have noted that when there is an indication that my story has been accepted for publication it will appear in Literotica about two hours after midnight in my time zone i.e. Eastern time zone in the United States and Canada. Which means for the west coast of United States and Canada the story appears one hour before the commencement of the publication date.

It's not that secret, actually, but since Laurel has chosen to be discreet in this forum I think it's appropriate to respect her desire for discretion and not reveal anything or to speculate about it publicly, anymore than we would speculate or share information about one another's identities.

I kind of think the servers are located in US Central, because during the summer new updates went out at 0100 local time, and now they're going out at 0000 hours (or within a few minutes of them). But there's no requirement that updates slated for a specific date actually have to post at midnight local time, so take it with a grain of salt.
I don't know what kind of hours they keep, but the bulk of the work does seem to get done more or less during normal work hours somewhere in America.

Back