Thoughts on Posting your images here vs "Up Front"

What are folk's thoughts on here vs there ("up front")?

Here, one has immediacy on posting (and deleting), more "intimacy" in interactions, including the possibility of actual discussions.
Much LESS exposure (fewer folk visit here). I reckon the bulk of people on the bulletin board don't even know this forum exists.

There, one gets MANY more views, feedback in the form of voting, favorites and comments.
(I am pretty sure that no one goes back to see if their comments have been responded to.)

It seems that the total number of comments in either place is roughly the same.
I am about to make a new thread in this forum because the only piece of art I've posted to the site has been pending since 05/16/2023
1707867455051.png
Can't very well post There, if the art can't even make it out of the queue.

I am about to make a new thread in this forum because the only piece of art I've posted to the site has been pending since 05/16/2023
View attachment 2316683
Can't very well post There, if the art can't even make it out of the queue.
Definitely set up a thread to get immediate exposure and, if you’re lucky, a like or two! You can try again to get artwork published. I have a thread and occasionally have art and stories published.

Interested in this discussion, though I couldn't quite follow all of it as a discussion. As I understand it, the original question was is it better to post art here, in a thread, or in the place that has been set up for just that purpose.
I'm pretty new here and I've been asking myself the same question. I wanted to post a couple of illustrated stories (I've done one so far) but I also wanted to show some of my art.
I only just found this part of the website. I guess I should start my own thread here too? If I wanted to post a lot of images in a sequence and get more feedback. But post 'there' if there are fewer more select images?
Did you come a conclusion or not?

Interested in this discussion, though I couldn't quite follow all of it as a discussion. As I understand it, the original question was is it better to post art here, in a thread, or in the place that has been set up for just that purpose.
I'm pretty new here and I've been asking myself the same question. I wanted to post a couple of illustrated stories (I've done one so far) but I also wanted to show some of my art.
I only just found this part of the website. I guess I should start my own thread here too? If I wanted to post a lot of images in a sequence and get more feedback. But post 'there' if there are fewer more select images?
Did you come a conclusion or not?
Bigger audience there (with comments, you can respond, but folk don't typically come back).
More potential for in depth interaction here.

You CAN submit multiple images to one post up front if you'd like. No idea what the limit is.

Yes, start you own thread here.

Back