Thoughts on Posting your images here vs "Up Front"

THROBBS

I am Fauve
What are folk's thoughts on here vs there ("up front")?

Here, one has immediacy on posting (and deleting), more "intimacy" in interactions, including the possibility of actual discussions.
Much LESS exposure (fewer folk visit here). I reckon the bulk of people on the bulletin board don't even know this forum exists.

There, one gets MANY more views, feedback in the form of voting, favorites and comments.
(I am pretty sure that no one goes back to see if their comments have been responded to.)

It seems that the total number of comments in either place is roughly the same.

There used to be a counter here for number of views that a specific post had. That was a nice metric to have.

I would imagine it would be sort of the same as not posting stories to the forum. Personally, I don't see a problem and unless someone raises a fuss with Admin .....

I would imagine it would be sort of the same as not posting stories to the forum. Personally, I don't see a problem and unless someone raises a fuss with Admin .....
?

This more a question about how image creators feel about one vs the other.

Many (if not most) folk posting here, also post there.

There WAS a problem posting "up front", because they didn't (post).

As a viewer, I like the immediacy of this forum.

I hardly ever look in the Illustrated Story category because most of the artwork there tries to match the story content, and usually does so... not very well.

Here, it's the art work that gets the priority, not the written content, and it's good to see in one place the many different styles. Also, there's more discussion going on. Those things are a real plus for this forum, I reckon.

As a viewer, I like the immediacy of this forum.

I hardly ever look in the Illustrated Story category because most of the artwork there tries to match the story content, and usually does so... not very well.

Here, it's the art work that gets the priority, not the written content, and it's good to see in one place the many different styles. Also, there's more discussion going on. Those things are a real plus for this forum, I reckon.
I get that — The immediacy.
HOWEVER, I was referring to the EROTIC ART SEX ARTWORKS HUB, which is separate from illustrated stories. It is JUST illustrations, some with descriptions.

There are many more participants there, some are the same folk as here. The range of styles and skill levels is roughly the same.

I get that — The immediacy.
HOWEVER, I was referring to the EROTIC ART SEX ARTWORKS HUB, which is separate from illustrated stories. It is JUST illustrations, some with descriptions.

There are many more participants there, some are the same folk as here. The range of styles and skill levels is roughly the same.
Ahh, got you! I never knew that hub existed - I rarely if ever use the hubs to navigate, I guess because I'm a writer, not a reader.

Is the Art Hub the area where nothing gets loaded for months at a time, then all of a sudden, there's a glut?

Ahh, got you! I never knew that hub existed - I rarely if ever use the hubs to navigate, I guess because I'm a writer, not a reader.

Is the Art Hub the area where nothing gets loaded for months at a time, then all of a sudden, there's a glut?

The ART hub was working at a slow and steady rate (a week or so to post)...and then nothing was posted... I had something pending for over a year. Recently it has been going pretty steady... 2-3 days to post (some times quicker).

A month or so ago, I would say THIS was the ONLY place for visual erotic art on Literotica.
Now, with it working — I pose the question.

An example:
This here thread and the scintillating exchange of ideas and opinions is an example of... well, not much as there certainly isn't that on the Erotic Art Hub either.

Where am I? Can I post a drawing here? View attachment 2297546
You're on a thread in the The Visual Artists Corner of the Literotica Bulletin board.

You certainly can, and did. :)

Now, answer the question(s).
It seems to me that much of your work is better suited to this forum, rather than up front, especially the sequential works.
You've posted both places, what are your thoughts?

This is thread, right? Does the Visual Arts Corner have a “common room”? The Author’s Hangout (why do they get a Hangout while VA only gets a Corner?
Is this “Here”? And the idea THROBBS is putting forth is that we post our art here, in this common room/corner, and engage in artist-y conversations about negative space and how we hate Renoir? You_Doodle_2023-12-10T22_17_08Z.jpeg

You're on a thread in the The Visual Artists Corner of the Literotica Bulletin board.

It seems to me that much of your work is better suited to this forum, rather than up front, especially the sequential works.
Up front meaning publishing in the Artworks section?
I was doing that because I thought my images would get seen by more eyes than elsewhere. I realized that things take forever to get published; that’s why I started my own thread. I love having my own thread, but I wondered why the writers seem to have a public forum where they meet and we artists (I insist I am both writer and artist) don’t. I’m not sure I need to use up more spoons (energy units) with more online time, but it does seem like a nice idea to have a place to whine.

I wouldn’t want to give up my thread just because I love having my own work in its own place. However, if I posted duplicate images here would other people see it? I don’t see many people here.

You_Doodle_2022-11-07T19_34_21Z 2 Small.pngI have to get back to wrapping Christmas presents but I wonder if this piece I published “up front” will be welcome here.

This is thread, right? Does the Visual Arts Corner have a “common room”? The Author’s Hangout (why do they get a Hangout while VA only gets a Corner?
Is this “Here”? And the idea THROBBS is putting forth is that we post our art here, in this common room/corner, and engage in artist-y conversations about negative space and how we hate Renoir?

Nope. THIS isn't "here"... The
  • The Visual Artists Corner IS our hangout. and within that we can and do make threads for whatever topic we might choose (just like the authors) MOST of the threads are created by individuals to showcase their own work — "private galleries if you will.
I am not suggesting that we post our artworks on this thread. I am asking about posting in this forum (the visual artists' corner) just as you have done. with your. sky thread.

We/you can create a thread or multiple different threads for different topics

I wouldn’t want to give up my thread just because I love having my own work in its own place. However, if I posted duplicate images here would other people see it? I don’t see many people here.
No one is suggesting that you give up your thread.
duplicating images can, of course, increase visibility, but not by much.

• The Visual Artists Corner IS our hangout. and within that we can and do make threads for whatever topic we might choose (just like the authors) MOST of the threads are created by individuals to showcase their own work — "private galleries if you will.
I am not suggesting that we post our artworks on this thread. I am asking about posting in this forum (the visual artists' corner) just as you have done. with your. sky thread.

As a fairly frequent "dropper in" to the Artists Corner (but not a big participant, because I'm more a writer - although I have posted drawings under my own account), I see it works the same way as the Authors's Hangout, but with a much smaller audience. That makes sense, since Literotica is primarily aimed at written erotica.

I like the individual artist's threads, and if I was drawing more, I'd start one of my own. I also appreciate the discussion, in particular the discussion about AI and its place in art, which is important right now - I agree with the site's stance, to not allow it because of the copyright implications.

I've seen your frustration over the years, Throbbs, as to the low participation rates, but I've also seen you championing the cause and not giving up. Keep on not giving up!!

The world needs more art!!

I suspect that any confusion for @Llehlla might come from being on LIT via her phone. ?
I'm not sure. I do not use LITerotica on my phone.

I imagine that the interface LOOKs somewhat different. Otherwise I could walk someone through.

I suspect that any confusion for @Llehlla might come from being on LIT via her phone. ?
I'm not sure. I do not use LITerotica on my phone.

I imagine that the interface LOOKs somewhat different. Otherwise I could walk someone through.
The confusion might be the phone, or it might be coming from inside the house! Gasp! Inside Llehlla’s head!!!!

Yes, that sounds great, if I only had the spoons. Sigh.

As a fairly frequent "dropper in" to the Artists Corner (but not a big participant, because I'm more a writer - although I have posted drawings under my own account), I see it works the same way as the Authors's Hangout, but with a much smaller audience. That makes sense, since Literotica is primarily aimed at written erotica.

I like the individual artist's threads, and if I was drawing more, I'd start one of my own. I also appreciate the discussion, in particular the discussion about AI and its place in art, which is important right now - I agree with the site's stance, to not allow it because of the copyright implications.

I've seen your frustration over the years, Throbbs, as to the low participation rates, but I've also seen you championing the cause and not giving up. Keep on not giving up!!

The world needs more art!!
Damn straight!

Back