This makes an author feel good.

Seadog777

American Man
I received this nice email from a reader. I hope that all my fellow authors receive emails like this as well.

This message contains feedback for: seanmckenzie777

This feedback was sent by: I'm keeping this private

Comments: I really enjoy your stories
Thanks for putting them out there.

Frank

*DO NOT hit the REPLY button to respond to this email.* ===================== Please Note: This feedback was sent by a visitor to the Literotica.com website without revealing any information about you to the person who wrote it. If you do not wish to receive anonymous feedback, you can log into the member area at Literotica.com and turn the option off for your account. If you have questions, please contact Webmaster@Literotica.com.

My wife calls things like that affirmations. Cause she's all motivational and cheery and positive and all that annoying crap.
But on a bad day something like that can be a nice pick me up.
I've seen way too much death and destruction in the world for me to be any kind of cheery and positive, so I'm right there with you :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I hope you keep her around. We could all use a person like that in our lives.

It was a pleasant surprise to see this in my email. It hasn't been a very good day today.

It doesn't happen often for me, but whenever a reader takes that extra time to go out of their way to send me a personal message (or even just comment on the story directly) to thank me and tell me my story meant something to them, of course it makes me feel good.

I write for myself, my fantasies, my interests. But of course I hope others enjoy them as well.

I get several e-mails from readers in the typical week. Here is one that I found particularly interesting:

This message contains feedback for: BobbyBrandt This feedback was sent by: xxxxx @yahoo.com

Comments:

Just finished reading "Little Differences." Really liked it and the poem that Gabe found reminded me of a story I first read about 50 plus years ago. It is in a book entitled The Way of the Wolf written by a former DJ on the radio who became an Episcopal priest. The story in the anthology is On the Death of Colin Stuart. I used that story for a number of years as the outline of my funeral sermons as a United Methodist pastor. I was told on more than one occasion by a funeral home director that I did a really good service for the families and helped their grieving.

*DO NOT hit the REPLY button to respond to this email.*

(Bear in mind that he was commenting on one of my novels, most of which have very little, if any erotic content)

I think my favorite comments stem from something in a story that provokes a good conversation between myself and the reader. In a story no longer on here, I went on a long rant about comparing faith in god to a child with an abusive parent. I received two scathing e-mails over it, but then one that said they had been feeling that way for years and we ended up having a long discourse on the topic of personal faith vs organized religion etc..

That was six years ago and we still chat online once every couple of weeks to this day.

I have never gotten a PM, so I tried logging out and PMing myself, just to see how long the messages take to reach me. It's been like 2 hours, and I still haven't gotten it. Lol
I suppose they moderate messages, just like comments.

My wife calls things like that affirmations. Cause she's all motivational and cheery and positive and all that annoying crap.
But on a bad day something like that can be a nice pick me up.
"Affirmation"
Warm fuzzy"
"It tickles my ass"

It all depends on what part of the country you come from. An illustration:
An old E-7 I served with in the Army was always saying " that's remarkable" when someone told him a story. We had a Warrant Officer who had served with this crusty old sergeant at several assignments in several countries. I ask the Warrant one day, "Why does he always say remarkable?"

The Warrant grinned and replied, "Because being from where he's from, he doesn't like to call it what it really is, bullshit!" :sneaky:

Seriously though, it's always nice to get a pat on the back for doing a good job, especially on something that contains so much of ourselves. If I was a young rooster it would make me strut the barnyard. However, being an old wore out one I just sit on my roost, smile and enjoy it.

Comshaw

Back