the unfathomable Personals forum

MMM_wms

Really Really Experienced
Trying to figure out the Personals forum here is absolutely useless; that is my assessment. At least for a person used to rational thought and explanations. It seems to me, when impertinent posts here receive a warm reception, like those by QueenSerena, and ads with substance do not, there is something mighty wrong with the readership here. And the worst of all: once the wrong kind of people move into a neighborhood, they tend to drive away people with contemplative minds. And discussions get replaced by shitstorms.

OK it is happening on a grander scale also all over the country, so why should this forum remain an exception? Maybe a gradual deterioration of decorum in a society can never become reversed, however much regrettable that is. At some point, the only alternative remaining is moving away, but where to move to? is the big question.

And what is the point in me -- or someone like me -- posting something like I am doing now? Even if I should receive ten posts of agreement with my lamentations, how is that going to bring about changes like I would desire them? Decorum isn’t something that develops in a heartbeat, after all. As easily as the opposite of it does.

It took 45 presidents until the first decided to incite a riot on the steps of the Capitol, when he was voted out of office, but riots have become commonplace with time, or mass shootings. That’s what happens I say, when the leadership of a society picks the wrong two amendments as the very first in its Bill of Rights. And when SCOTUS becomes obsessed with cases like that of an impertinent cheerleader or Citizens United, instead of with matters that really matter to the future of its society.

OK, I know, these contemplations of mine will never lead anywhere. I wrote my misgivings off my chest now, and the very best I can hope for, is that I run into someone to cry over spilled milk with me. But I wonder how that’s going to help, even if it does happen?

Back