The Thief and the King (reserved)

"Let go of you? I don't think so sweet princess. You see, even though you are just a woman, you are quite clever for a woman. That would mean that you have some contingency plan in place in the event of something like this so, well... I think I will just keep you distracted for now... you know... "

Her knees would have buckled if he hadn’t been holding her arm. The erotic fire that shot through her highly intense, making her whimper.

"Best not say anything just yet... come on. Let's do what I have been wanting to do with you since you stole all those items from me.... speaking of..."

Nothing could have shifted that erotic fog from her brain as fast as his words had done. He spoke perfect Elvish! When…how…. She gave her head a little shake.

"Make sure those elves... cause no trouble. Kill anything that tries to fight back."

Before she could utter a word, he pushed her into his tent and toward his bed. She stumbled and hurriedly righted herself, throwing herself to the other side of it. Pushing back her hair, she glared at him.

"Any witty retorts... my love?"

“Why are you doing this?” She countered, “Why this elaborate hoax or are all humans so…. deceptive?”

He had retaken her mother’s brooch and that was a problem. Silently she vowed to get it back. Humans were not to be trusted. They couldn’t be. They lied. They cheated. They would stoop to anything to achieve their rotten goals. Aries was only as good as his mage and she had no doubt that it was his mage who helped Aries with this coup. She would bide her time and her time would come.

“What do you want, Aries? Aside from the obvious, that is.”

The last was spoken in an acid tone as her eyes continued to shoot fire at him. In the meantime, her mind was furiously working, trying to figure a way out from her current situation.

King Aries closed the curtains and then opened a small case. He opens it and pulls out a small lavender colored orb out. He glances at her a moment and then leans the orb to his lips and kisses it. The orb lights up nearly blindingly bright as he looks to her. He said, "This is... the Orb of Eros. Ahh... I see you have heard of it."

He saw her eyes widen and fear, for the first time since he had known her creep into your eyes. He said, "You are familiar with it's power then... Well... let's make sure you understand. This orb has the power to make anyone fall in desperate love with anyone else. All it takes is the kiss of the two people on the orb and the connection is made."

He stepped towards her saying, "It is obvious the cuff isn't helping you at all.... not giving me what I want or need from you so you leave me no other choice really. I hate to use it because it is particularly susceptible to elves and to be honest, it will be a hollow victory for me. You will be desperately in love, but it won't be real. But, I tried being chivalrous, I tried being supportive, and I have even tried to manipulate you into being alone with me to get to know me but you have it in your head there is nothing there."

As the King reaches the bed where she sat in the very middle firmly tied up, he said, "So you are leaving me with no other option. Now... come here and let's give this a try..."

He smirked as he put a knee on the bed and reached for her ankle to yank her back to him so he can press the orb onto her lips to seal the deal

"So you are leaving me with no other option. Now... come here and let's give this a try..."

This whole time she stared at him like he was a mad man. Had simply lost his mind. Her eyes went from him to the orb and back to his face. As he came closer to her, she tried to scoot away from him, but there was nowhere else to go. He had backed her to the edge of the bed as it was.

“No. Get that thing away from me. I want nothing to do with it!”

Her arm flung outward, trying to knock his, that was holding the orb, away from her. Perhaps it was because of the sudden, violent action on her part, but she watched as the orb went flying across the room, landed on the floor and rolled out of the tent. It rolled to a stop at the feet of one of his guards who leaned over to pick it up and brought it close to his eyes to study it, trying to look inside. The guard on the other side of the tent opening stepped over to the orb holding guard.

“What do you have there, Sirius?”

The man’s hand came out to try and take the orb only he ended up knocking the orb against the other man’s, Sirius’ lips. The fate that King Aries had in mind for Linara ended up with Sirius.

“Something of the King’s, Marcus. I need to get it back to him. Excuse me.”

Sirius tucked the orb into his cloak and turned toward the tent’s opening.

“My Liege, I have something of yours…..” the man spoke in a sing song voice as he lifted the tent flap.

Back