The SCOURIES reader – for both fans and serious scholars…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scribbled said:
Well, should scouries accept the challenge I think the broad category of Incest should be narrowed down a bit. I know! Brother/sister. The brother is a famous erotica author with one of his many stories having over 6,000 votes. The sister is a sanctimonius wannabe erotica writer who has only one story with 14 votes. And there should be a Nonconsent element to it so as to make the contest even more challenging. The brother keeps saying, "I wouldn't fuck you with my father's dick." To which the sister keeps responding, "But I'm published!"

Scouries, I thought of a title for your book of stories--If Not for Incest, None of Us Would Be Here. And I will be your agent. Not only will you be able to rant and rave "I'm published!" but you can add "And I have an agent!"
I'm trying very hard to not hold my sides and collapse in laughter...

I failed. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Last edited:
sweetsubsarahh said:
I'm trying to figure out how many alts scouries is going to try out here.

That, and I'm still chuckling over the "scholars" part of the thread title.

:rolleyes:
No one I've seen post on his behave has more than 4 or 5 posts to start with, most only have 2 or 3. This guy has more alts than CV ever thought about. No wonder he had 6 bizzillion views and 2 zillion votes. The only thing I can't figure is why the scores are so low. I guess some of his alts didn't like the story.... :rolleyes:

another story review

D E L E T E D

PLEASE DO NOT POST REPLIES ON THIS THREAD​

Last edited:
old contest picks

D E L E T E D

Last edited:
suggestion

D E L E T E D

Last edited:
AH'ers here?

D E L E T E D

Last edited:
Huh! we can't improve??

D E L E T E D

Last edited:
scouries said:
I Left the ‘Authors Hangout some time ago….some would say I was chased away!

…left it because I found it increasingly inbred, invariably anti-new ideas of any kind. The intellectual heart of this great site had become home to a group of me-too’ers, lap dogs, whiners, plotters and back stabbers.

I also left it because I knew I irritated certain parties…my attempt to honestly review the stories in last years ‘Nude Day Contest’ was the final straw for many thin skinned AH’ers. So be it. I understood my manner wasn’t popular in AH land so left. Why bug them anymore I told myself.

And so I decided to post in future in this forum – Story Feedback - a quiet backwater where I could review my stories for the great Literotica reading public as well as introduce my ideas and opinions. I won’t upset anyone over here I thought. Shit, it’s lucky to have more than one or two viewers at any one time and there are just a handful of new threads posted every day. Besides ‘oily’ (and he’s got me on ignore), who could I bother over here?

But you just couldn’t stay over in your little world, could you? No, instead you have to scurry over here and bring your petty complaints and AH small mindedness to the one thread that asked you to stay away.

Even the Queen of England got off her throne and has graced us with some of her Imperial Posts, posts that invariably defend the status quo in a snarky, upper class manner that only a Brit can pull off.

I know it’s much easier to criticize me than it is to address my questions and suggestions. Much easier to practice group think than it is to have an original or independent opinion. No problem. You’ve got the perfect place for it. ‘AH Land’. My suggestion is you all go back to troll hunting and whining over there.

to be continued – jrs

Pure comedy gold. :D

cloudy said:

I started a "Psych Stuff" thread in the HT Cafe...just so people who might be interested here know it...there is much fodder in this thread! :D

I would like to see the numbers beside the story titles

I can understand why everybody is throwing rocks at this guy. His people skills are very bad, but many of us who find ourselves on the computer when we talk to our friends are in the same boat I think.

However we may feel about him personally, I have to give him credit where it is due. He can write for his fans and he has numbers that I can only dream about. What that says about our group of readers is a question that I would rather not talk about.

I wish that his mother had taught him how to play well with others so that he could make his points without driving everybody to madness with his manners.

I think that the guy has some good points. Too bad that he has buried them so deep under his bullshit that we can't see them for what they are.

mikey

scouries said:
And please, no criticism of DK on this thread! Her breasts are simply extraordinary! And her nipples…to die for.
She is a goddess…my muse…my inspiration.

[/i]

As you wish, my lord and master.

Daniellekitten said:
It could also be the fifty bucks I slipped Laurel...shhhhh :p

Well, whatever you did to make yourself a star on Literotica you should have done the same thing over on LustyLibrary. Your stories sure tanked over there where you are about as popular as a prostate exam.

Scribbled said:
Well, whatever you did to make yourself a star on Literotica you should have done the same thing over on LustyLibrary. Your stories sure tanked over there where you are about as popular as a prostate exam.

With my hands, I gently began massaging his sprain ankle.

I slipped my tongue into his mouth .His tongue

wake up and it is still dark outside so I wiggle myself back hoping that your body will meet with mine and you will hold me. I scoot back far enough onto your side of the bed that I quickly realize that you are not in bed with me

Quotes from the first two new stories over there, in the first few paragraphs.

Looks like Danielle's talented grasp of plot, style, punctuation, and grammar would be a major stumbling block over there to me.

servo.gif

mikey2much said:
I can understand why everybody is throwing rocks at this guy. His people skills are very bad, but many of us who find ourselves on the computer when we talk to our friends are in the same boat I think.

However we may feel about him personally, I have to give him credit where it is due. He can write for his fans and he has numbers that I can only dream about. What that says about our group of readers is a question that I would rather not talk about.

I wish that his mother had taught him how to play well with others so that he could make his points without driving everybody to madness with his manners.

I think that the guy has some good points. Too bad that he has buried them so deep under his bullshit that we can't see them for what they are.

mikey

What points? He wants to charge unpaid authors for submitting their work. Not all of the best writers are rich and can afford to pay for such a thing.

Scribbled said:
Scouries, I thought of a title for your book of stories--If Not for Incest, None of Us Would Be Here. And I will be your agent. Not only will you be able to rant and rave "I'm published!" but you can add "And I have an agent!"

You're such a coward that you won't even take up a challenge with a no-name nobody first-timer to this site, in a genre that is your comfort range and that the no-name has admitted is not her area of expertise or comfort?

Man, you're chickenshit. Either that or just really uncertain of your chances to beat me. What's the matter, anyway? I thought that the incest would be right up your alley, especially without any restrictions. I can extend the time limit if you would like, if that's the problem. I don't think it is, though.

coward.jpg

A sketch: Scouries, c. 1939.

PS. I already have an agent, dumbass.

Last edited:
It is just hard to believe this thread continues in the fashion it does. Some people seem to be starting to respond in a..."responsive" way to Scouries as he bludgeon's his way through here without a second's hesitation for most of the commentary...well, I guess he specifically requested "No Comments Please" for a reason.

Others are chatting; some posting challenges; no comments from L & M (at least I didn't see any)...no changes in the design set up here on the Author's Boards...LOL. Quite the ride!

:D

poppy1963 said:
Others are chatting; some posting challenges; no comments from L & M (at least I didn't see any)...no changes in the design set up here on the Author's Boards...LOL. Quite the ride!

:D

:D I agree, this is an awesome thread. For none of the reasons that scouries intends, of course, but it's still awesome. I think Laurel and Manu may have left this thread to its own devices; it's already a trainwreck as it is, and it's contained only to this thread.

I do so dearly wish he would take me up on the challenge, though. To me, he's exactly like all the pompous creative writing majors at college - so enamored of his own perception of his authorial voice (even though he hasn't actually got one) that he can't stretch, broaden, or accept criticism. Ten years from now, he'll be at exactly the same level he's at now, I predict.

I didn't say that I agreed with everything

SEVERUSMAX said:
What points? He wants to charge unpaid authors for submitting their work. Not all of the best writers are rich and can afford to pay for such a thing.

The point that I thought was worth consideration is the listing of the views and the votes beside each story instead of the red H's. So far that is the only thing that I think is worth a second thought, but it is a good ideal I think.

I agree with you that he gets close to the lunatic fringe with some of his ideals like the paying to submit your stories.

fcdc said:
:D I agree, this is an awesome thread. For none of the reasons that scouries intends, of course, but it's still awesome. I think Laurel and Manu may have left this thread to its own devices; it's already a trainwreck as it is, and it's contained only to this thread.

I do so dearly wish he would take me up on the challenge, though. To me, he's exactly like all the pompous creative writing majors at college - so enamored of his own perception of his authorial voice (even though he hasn't actually got one) that he can't stretch, broaden, or accept criticism. Ten years from now, he'll be at exactly the same level he's at now, I predict.

Possibly you are right~!!! But I also see the possiblity of an experiment going on...as Yev brought up "operant conditioning" guru, B. F. Skinner. Scouries is relentlessly pursuing a specific response...being taken seriously and others' participation in the scenario he's set up. It could work over time as people who are here now...drop away and newb's come on board...

You know...if you say things enough times and repeat them loud enough...people begin to believe in their validity. Quite a fascinating process to watch! He really does not respond to anything anyone dissenting has to say...he just keeps going like the Energizer Bunny! :D

Skinner box and trying to create a scenario, you say, Poppy? That brings to mind a TV show I like to watch. Hm.

Upon reflection, I think I need to replace the Cowardly Lion picture of scouries.

gale-big.jpg

QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS FOR DHARMA AND WIDMORE

Suggestion #1: My island, my forum

Presently the Island has only one list that reports total numbers of plane crash visitors (subjects) the Island has. My stories are plane crashes too, and I just can't understand why people aren't reading them!

Go to the 'Incest' Station, click <Top Lists>, then click <Most Read: Island Book Club>, and you will be delivered to my glorious stories which I know are fantastic because people have at least taken one look at them before running away screaming.

I also have a list.

Unfortunately there are at least two major problems with this list.

First, it is becoming increasingly hard to get a new story of mine onto this list. Of the 48 most desperate plane crash victims - I mean, readers - in the history of Literotica Island only 15 are gullible enough to fall for the bait and read my stories and kicked off the show and only 5 are gullible enough to vote. Yes, one of my 2006 stories is on the list and another may soon make it. However, it is now evident that it will be almost impossible for future stories to make the list. If only we could find future stories to serve a replacement. Also pregnant women. We're desperately in need of those, too.

Why? Mainly because the number of views required to make the list has been moving up rapidly. When my story, ‘Daddy, I whispered before I set the van on fire’, broke through last November it needed approximately 4,815,162,342 views to become number 815.

The other major problem with the list is that it is dominated by two categories, ‘Dharma’ and ‘Widmore’. This gives authors n those categories a good benchmark for success but leaves authors in other categories at sea (with their rafts blown up) when it comes to knowing if heir stories are relatively successful given the category they write in.

What’s a good number of views for a ‘Sci-Fi’ story like The Third Policeman? For a ‘Romance’ story like Carrie? For a ‘Loving Wives’ story like Of Mice and Men? etc., etc. Who knows?

Benry Suggestion

1 – List the all time 100 most viewed stories in every category This will highlight the most popular stories in each category for our readers as well giving our authors something to measure their stories against. Because the only thing that matters is views. If you believe that, congratulations and I hope you enjoyed your visit to my daughter's boyfriend's brainwashing room.

2 – List the 100 most viewed stories in 2005, 2006 and 2007. This will give more recent stories a chance to be exposed to our readers while giving a little recognition to our most popular writers. It also has absolutely nothing at all to do with the fact that I just started writing here in 2005. Honestly!

Why not? It would be easy to do and would give more numbers for we (sorry, grammar error! It should be "us"! I hope you will forgive me, Mr. Widmore, for such horrible use of grammar!) authors to analyze and evaluate. Which, after writing and whining, seems to be one of our most popular pastimes. Along with blowing up submarines, living in Pullman Village, and keeping bunny rabbits with numbers air-sprayed on them.

or I'll send Jacob after you.
... or maybe just John Locke with a few sticks of dynamite.​

Yrs., Ben Scouries.

Last edited:
fcdc said:
Skinner box and trying to create a scenario, you say, Poppy? That brings to mind a TV show I like to watch. Hm.

Upon reflection, I think I need to replace the Cowardly Lion picture of scouries.

henrylost.JPG

QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS FOR DHARMA AND WIDMORE

Suggestion #1: My island, my forum

Presently the Island has only one list that reports total numbers of plane crash visitors (subjects) the Island has. My stories are plane crashes too, and I just can't understand why people aren't reading them!

Go to the 'Incest' Station, click <Top Lists>, then click <Most Read: Island Book Club>, and you will be delivered to my glorious stories which I know are fantastic because people have at least taken one look at them before running away screaming.

I also have a list.

Unfortunately there are at least two major problems with this list.

First, it is becoming increasingly hard to get a new story of mine onto this list. Of the 48 most desperate plane crash victims - I mean, readers - in the history of Literotica Island only 15 are gullible enough to fall for the bait and read my stories and kicked off the show and only 5 are gullible enough to vote. Yes, one of my 2006 stories is on the list and another may soon make it. However, it is now evident that it will be almost impossible for future stories to make the list. If only we could find future stories to serve a replacement. Also pregnant women. We're desperately in need of those, too.

Why? Mainly because the number of views required to make the list has been moving up rapidly. When my story, ‘Daddy, I whispered before I set the van on fire’, broke through last November it needed approximately 4,815,162,342 views to become number 815.

The other major problem with the list is that it is dominated by two categories, ‘Dharma’ and ‘Widmore’. This gives authors n those categories a good benchmark for success but leaves authors in other categories at sea (with their rafts blown up) when it comes to knowing if heir stories are relatively successful given the category they write in.

What’s a good number of views for a ‘Sci-Fi’ story like The Third Policeman? For a ‘Romance’ story like Carrie? For a ‘Loving Wives’ story like Of Mice and Men? etc., etc. Who knows?

Benry Suggestion

1 – List the all time 100 most viewed stories in every category This will highlight the most popular stories in each category for our readers as well giving our authors something to measure their stories against. Because the only thing that matters is views. If you believe that, congratulations and I hope you enjoyed your visit to my daughter's boyfriend's brainwashing room.

2 – List the 100 most viewed stories in 2005, 2006 and 2007. This will give more recent stories a chance to be exposed to our readers while giving a little recognition to our most popular writers. It also has absolutely nothing at all to do with the fact that I just started writing here in 2005. Honestly!

Why not? It would be easy to do and would give more numbers for we (sorry, grammar error! It should be "us"! I hope you will forgive me, Mr. Widmore, for such horrible use of grammar!) authors to analyze and evaluate. Which, after writing and whining, seems to be one of our most popular pastimes. Along with blowing up submarines, living in Pullman Village, and keeping bunny rabbits with numbers air-sprayed on them.

or I'll send Jacob after you.
... or maybe just John Locke with a few sticks of dynamite.​

Yrs., Ben Scouries.

LOL...applause! Standing ovation!

And...I just realized (looking at your profile that your av is a tatoo..WOW....gorgeous as are you!)

poppy1963 said:
And...I just realized (looking at your profile that your av is a tatoo..WOW....gorgeous as are you!)

Not me, I'm afraid. I just liked the picture.

Search my posts and you will find my picture, within the first ~50 or so posts.

(I am sorry to all who are now mentally connecting Ben and, dear God, erotica, though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back