The Savage Shore Universe

For those readers who lament- or fear - the removal of your stories from Literotica, they can always do what I do - copy them into a word processor and save the file(s) to their computers. Then they can re-read the stories any time, at their leisure. Being rather OCD, I run the MSWord grammar/spelling checker on the file(s) mostly because I don't like all the red underlines that Word tosses into a file "to alert me to errors". This is especially noticeable with the names of your jZav`Etch characters; drives Word absolutely nuts!

Love your work. Patiently waiting for more. At some point, it might be nice to see a timeline so one can read the stories in a logical order.

NWR

jZav`Etch and other alien words and names can be a headache for me also. I make a point to read through my chapters multiple times in case I leave out a letter or transpose some letters. You might wonder why I don't set Word to recognize the correct spelling of those names and words. My reason is that having them underlined helps me to navigate through the text when I am editing.

As for a timeline, that's easy.
1) A World For the Taking
2) Captives, Slaves, Killers - Takes place about a year before UaSS.
3) Storm World - It actually starts about a week before the fleet battle in UaSS.
4) Upon a Savage Shore
5) A Savage Shore Vignette

I hesitate to lock down my planned works in a timeline but right now I think this would be the chronology of all the stories:

1) A World For the Taking
2) A Time For Blood
3) Untitled mystery story with the jZav`Etch ship captain and the Human female.
4) Beyond Hope and Fear
5) The Void of Night
6) Captives, Slaves, Killers
7) Untitled story taking place on a deserted mining colony.
8) Storm World
9) Upon a Savage Shore
10) Savage Shore 2
11) Savage Shore 3

For clarification I need to point out that #s 2 and 3 occur early in the war, probably in the first year when things are the most chaotic. Also, #s 4, 5 and 6 occur almost simultaneously and are pieces of a larger military action.

Keep in mind that this list is not absolute and the timeline must remain fluid for the moment in case a plot point comes up during writing. I would hate to lock myself in and then get trapped in a contradiction.

Quite the creative literary project. Well, that should keep you busy during the COVID shut-downs. Thanks.

As a couple of others have mentioned.. glad to have you back with the stories ripperfish! As for stories published to Amazon the going rate I want to say is around 5-6 bucks per e-book. Tefler and snekguy are the 2 I would recommend you contact for the pricing of your stories. I do have a question about something, have you thought about starting a discord for your fans? Of not and it's something you might be interested in let me know and I can fill you in on things. 🙂

Last edited:
Storm World

As I recall, "Storm World" was never finished, at least on Literotica. In the last chapter, #10 in 2017, Ben and the cats were on their way to recover the pod

When do you plan to continue or finish the tale?

As I recall, "Storm World" was never finished, at least on Literotica. In the last chapter, #10 in 2017, Ben and the cats were on their way to recover the pod

When do you plan to continue or finish the tale?

You recall correctly. I currently have no fixed plan for completing 'Storm World'. As I have explained previously, my enthusiasm for the story waned and though I have done a major edit to the existing chapters, every time I consider finishing it, I just cringe and find something else to do.

Human/jZav`Etch offspring

More than a few of my readers have brought up the possibility of Liam and one or more of the girls having a child. I have previously stated this was not possible and I am pretty sure I explained why. However, the subject was just brought up again so I will try to explain a little more clearly what the issue is. I am probably going to be blunt doing this. I ask you to forgive my bluntness and keep in mind I am only trying to be clear.

1) Interspecies breeding on Earth can only be successful with very closely related species such as horses and jackasses or lions and tigers. Interspecies breeding is nearly impossible in almost all cases and only closely related animals, originating on the same planet and coming from a mutual evolutionary ancestor, can interbreed.

2) As far as I know, every lifeform on Earth uses DNA. DNA is a chain of acids and determines what kind of lifeform develops whether it be plant or animal. That is why DNA has been referred to as the 'building block of life'.

3) jZav`Etch do not have DNA. A different sequence of acids developed on jZav which resulted in similar lifeforms to what evolved on Earth. Those lifeforms use substantially different 'building blocks'.

4) Because Humans and jZav`Etch do not share the same sort of building blocks, they cannot create offspring.

I am sorry but it is really that simple. Humans cannot interbreed with any of the alien races they have encountered. None of the alien races can interbreed with any of the other alien races. That does not mean they cannot fall in love and have caring relationships. It just means that if they want children, adoption is the only recourse.

Last edited:
Where's the Rest of Storm World?

Where's the rest of Storm World (i.e., after chapter 10)?:mad:

Where's the rest of Storm World (i.e., after chapter 10)?:mad:

I already explained this a few times but in brief; 'Storm World' is on the back burner indefinitely. I have no enthusiasm for the story. The real world where I actually make a living takes a lot more of my time these days and when I am writing, I am focused on 'Captives, Slaves, Killers Part Two'.

I am planning to move to Amazon where I can sell my work and get ISBN numbers to reduce the chance some asshat will steal another one of my stories. I am also going to develop a website where I will post all of the Savage Shore stories currently available here so that even if something happens to Literotica, the stories will still be available. When that happens if I can bring myself to finish 'Storm World' it will be posted in its entirety there and for free. That is my current plan. I cannot see into the future and have no notion of what kind of hurdles may arise, so my plans may change, but that is my current plan and I am grinding towards it.

When I get these things lined up I will make an announcement here.

On Amazon again?

May I presume that you are not Rita Rison, who has published "Upon a Savage Shore: A sci-fi story about a marine trying to survive on an M-class world planet" on Amazon? It's up in Kindle format, priced at $3.99, with a publication date of August 20, 2020. This is the only book of this type by the author. If this is not you, then I apologize for bringing you bad news.

I have only recently found your stories. I've run through UaSS [and the vignette] and SW. I'm about to start A World for the Taking. I will finish what is here, favorite you, and wait impatiently for your next submission. My only request is that you KEEP WRITING. I understand about the real world though, I wrote chapter 1 of my story in 2013 [chapter 2 is halfway done].

The ebook on Amazon certainly does sound like your story on literotica, even the description of the story sounds familiar!

A sci-fi story about a marine trying to survive on an M-class world after his escape pod landed and realizing that some of his enemies have also crashed on the same area. Technically a furry story, but the "furry" characters are not humans, they are aliens. Hot, awesome aliens. The story has 23 chapters total.

I hope this is not someone stealing your story.

The ebook on Amazon certainly does sound like your story on literotica, even the description of the story sounds familiar!

A sci-fi story about a marine trying to survive on an M-class world after his escape pod landed and realizing that some of his enemies have also crashed on the same area. Technically a furry story, but the "furry" characters are not humans, they are aliens. Hot, awesome aliens. The story has 23 chapters total.

I hope this is not someone stealing your story.

It is someone stealing my story. I've been gone for the last few months and only recently returned home. For future reference, if you see one of my stories for sale anywhere, please report it to whichever site it is selling on. Short of hiring a lawyer and taking the publisher to court the most effective way to deal with these thieves is to direct the publisher to this site where my stories are available for free. Amazon likes to make money and will not support a book that is available elsewhere free of charge. It takes time but in the end the thief loses. That was what happened with 'A World for the Taking'.

I will make an announcement here and on my profile when I begin publishing on Amazon. Until then consider any of my work found elsewhere to be stolen and report it.

Thank you to my fans for looking out for me!

Hey, found that thing Arc was talking about and I contacted Amazon through their chat thing. I sent them links to this site and explained the whole thing and I think they took Rita Rison's little exercise in bold faced plagiarism off the site. I run a search and nothing.

U. A. S. S. Rip off

Don't know if you are aware, but Rita Rison has your story posted on Goodreads. I filled a review claiming it's illegitimacy and linked to your profile here.

Enthusiastic about what story comes next.

Thank you so much for being the author that you are, and bringing to life the world that you have published for us. I for one have been a long time fan since I stumbled upon your work Upon A Savage Shore.

Though I have no right to ask, as a simple purveyor of your works, I humbly request that you keep doing you and you keep bringing your worlds and your characters to life.

Last edited:
As someone with few if any talents, it's really hard for me to understand the mind of a brilliant writer sitting on a masterpiece. You owe it to yourself to finish telling these stories IMO. That us lowly readers benefit is just a bonus.

Have really enjoyed the stories..pity one on literotica is still unfinished. Are you or will you be continuing this story/series here or for that matter anywhere else such as patreon?

Back