The Rise Of Karenism

Rightguide

Prof Triggernometry
Totalitarian Karenism, the new threat to our remaining liberty raises its ulgy head across the fruited plain:

The Rise of Karen-ism Means This Lockdown Nonsense Needs To End Soon

Kurt Schlichter

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 12:01 AM

One of the least appealing aspects of the American character is the residual Puritanism that still compels a certain percentage of our countrymen, women and others, to nag, pester, and generally annoy the rest of us by trying to make us conform to their stick-up-the-Lieu vision of propriety. These people – these obnoxious Karens, for lack of a better FCC-compliant term – are delighted by the Chinese Bat Biter grippe and the opportunity it presents for them to try to impose their arbitrary will upon the rest of us. These mewling Mussolinis need to be slapped back, verbally if not physically, but as long as we are under this lockdown, they will not stop. They live for this, the chance to dictate to and control us, and the problem is some of them have positions of power.

This is yet another reason – as if the failure of the “We’re all gonna die!” model and the mass economic devastation the Twitter blue checks ignore were not reasons enough – that we need to be focusing on coming out of this Wuhan flu funk. If would be a pity if pangolin licking not only killed thousands of our most vulnerable citizens but also our will to resist petty tyrants who presume to scold us for such crimes as worshipping our God, seeing our families, and buying tomato seeds.

This is not to say that the Chinese coronavirus pandemic is fake or unserious, nor that we should ignore it and pretend that it’s just another flu. It is to say that there is more going on now than a respiratory ailment. There’s an economic ailment that most of us are painfully aware of, and there is a freedom ailment, where the Karens in everyday life and in the corridors or power are taking advantage of this crisis to let their fascist flag fly.

When you have some petty official commanding Christians not to gather together in worship, that’s a line that they don’t get to cross. No official gets to ban religious services. My church is doing its services by video, because that’s what we decided. Government officials don’t get to decide. The question of whether they can ban religious services got decided by the First Amendment, and while they may think it’s a really, really good idea to tell us what to do, they don’t get to. As federal judge Justin Walker put it in a powerful opinion that every American of any faith, or no faith, should read in its glorious entirety:

On Holy Thursday, an American mayor criminalized the communal celebration of Easter. That sentence is one that this Court never expected to see outside the pages of a dystopian novel, or perhaps the pages of The Onion. But two days ago, citing the need for social distancing during the current pandemic, Louisville’s Mayor Greg Fischer ordered Christians not to attend Sunday services, even if they remained in their cars to worship – and even though it’s Easter. The Mayor’s decision is stunning. And it is, “beyond all reason,” unconstitutional.

More here:

https://townhall.com/columnists/kur...-lockdown-nonsense-needs-to-end-soon-n2566769

Governors did the lockdowns. Democrats and Republicans. Governors can undo the lockdowns. It’s not Fascists doing this, Reichguide.

The irony of you starting a thread with this title is hilarious!

Even worse, the "Karen-ism" in the linked opinion piece makes no sense as it's using the slang function of "Karen" wrong.

a slang term of which I'm sure the thread starter was TOTALLY hip to and uses it regularly!

tumblr_lxpj6grFIe1qcaomb.gif

clickbait is bad, mmkay? :D

Is this the thread where we get tomato seeds?

Is this the thread where we get tomato seeds?

No, i think you're mixing up your Karens. This might be the one you're looking for.

Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

KarenKraft is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Christian Domestic Discipline: Should The Husband Discipline His Wife In front of the Kids? - 10-30-2016, 09:25 PM
I'm a bit surprised by the question! Not only is it important for the children to learn the fundamentals of spousal discipline, but more important is the way that this kind of instructional love is administered. See, kids may mistakenly see such a thrashing as an act of violence. This is particularly true if correction is done behind closed doors, as though it is shameful or unclean. It is the exact opposite, of course.

There is nothing wrong with physical suffering being visited upon a deserving wife. But the good husband must moderate his instruction to inflict righteous pain but not damage or impair the woman's ability to attend to her daily chores. That would be counter productive and would teach the sons in the family to waste valuable assets.

Remember: Our Lord suffered to save us all. Just as His suffering was a glorious and valuable tool for our Redemption, so too a wife's suffering can be an agent for positive growth and development of a Good Family in Christ.

On a personal note, I do not enjoy pain. When I scald myself boiling the clothes or if a spark from the stove lands on my skin, I cry out and wish it never happened.

But when my late husband, who is now with Christ, used to whip me, it made me feel exhausted, even rapturous....

Proverbs17:26 To punish the just is not good.

https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=110329
She pontificates further. A smashing good read.

*would have loved to see the look on those Baptist's faces when they read that.*
4 out of 5, would have been a 3, but the choice of forums was priceless.:)

That forum is full of interesting people. Some of them could even be like-minded.:D:D

I think I might write a story with a Karen as the heroine...

I know several Karen's in real life. None has any characteristic supposed to be associated with Karens.

Perhaps it only applies in the US?

Governors did the lockdowns. Democrats and Republicans. Governors can undo the lockdowns. It’s not Fascists doing this, Reichguide.

They cannot violate the Constitution in the process, Adre.:rolleyes:

I think I might write a story with a Karen as the heroine...

I know several Karen's in real life. None has any characteristic supposed to be associated with Karens.

Perhaps it only applies in the US?
As a real Karen it's news to me, never heard of it til yesterday. Definitely not a thing here thank god.

Absolutely. The folks over in the BDSM forums could learn a few tips.

I was reading "Is it ok to castrate my son?" and I spewed a lot of soda on my keyboard.

Interesting. 🤔
I like the 'Asperger's: another name for evil' and the ' Women who defecate: Nasty, disgusting and not lady like' threads. A whole 2 pages of scat denial fetishes. Butt plugs must be a big seller in their community. :)

I'll be one giving Boris a bed bath with Vim and a Brillo pad!

That might cure him very quickly...

Some of the nurses attending me were absolutely useless at putting in a cannula. I'd end up with multiple bruises from their failed attempts.

But none was a Karen.

As a real Karen it's news to me, never heard of it til yesterday. Definitely not a thing here thank god.

Nah, it's a total American thing. You might find likewise counterparts in your neck of the world and elsewhere, but the mindset the term defines abounds over here. :D

Interesting. 🤔
I like the 'Asperger's: another name for evil' and the ' Women who defecate: Nasty, disgusting and not lady like' threads. A whole 2 pages of scat denial fetishes. Butt plugs must be a big seller in their community. :)

Landover Baptist Church

The Landover Baptist Church is the website of a parody fundamentalist Baptist church. The church lampoons fundamentalist, Independent Baptist churches and Biblical literalism, and originated as a satire of Liberty University.

Just when I was about to sign up.

Back