The Rebel Princess (closed)

He looks a Mona.

Hmmm, it could be dangerous, my friend.

The beast shakes it's head, as if it knows that.

He tries to explain circling the invaders.

Can your kids do do that?

The beast licks his head and moves off, giving several distinct calls that in time are answered.

The massive bird that had followed in silence as well makes a few casual sounding calls as well as if looking for the family that is answered as well. She just smiled to Mago and reached a hand to his cheek.

Her touch is so gentle, so surreal with an enemy so near. He smiles at her. He sighs.

I will never forgive myself any more harm come to you. I know your are strong and you are fierce but this is so much different.

How is this different because it brought her back into your life? Even as an enemy?

Let us do this... Together.

With a vrim smile and a quick nod.

Stay close to me. Take out that knife. Now Mona, tell your friends its time.

Taking out the knife she prepared to follow him and Mona made another call and then nodded.

Let's go love.

She whispered.

With as much stealth as they could muster, they make their way into the camp. As they draw near, they can hear the conversation but the tongue is alien. It is clear the young warrior is no longer among the living.

Tore cries out as he is kicked. If not for her hand, Mago was ready to charge in. Her hand told him wait cor their friends to arrive.

Within a few moments several of the massive beasts charged into the village some of the younger slightly smaller ones leaping down from the trees.

That's our sign.

We rush in, directly for the one who looked like they were in charge. Just as we approach, one on the great beasts steps in front of us and knocks us down, as arrows fly where we were about to step.

The younger creatures began hunting down the archers. She gasped staring briefly at the arrow then standing she nodded to the creature.

Their target however was no where to be seen. The night beast had easily taken down the rest of the invaders, but the knowledge that one May have escaped enraged Mago.

Where did he go?

He screamed at the beast who snared back at him, neither backing down. Finally the beast shaped his head west.

Let's go!

They follow close behind the beast.

She followed carefully worried about the one they believe got away. They continued west her eyes scanning as best she could for anything out of the ordinary.

They journeyed for over an hour, only finding a few signs that they were on the trail of anything. F2fgi ally Mago stopped.

Something is not right here.

She looked around carefully only to find a massive arm snap around her and a blade at her neck. She was the arms nearly pinned to her side shield of their attacker.

Mago turns and snarls.

YOU!

The silent attacker grins an evil grin. For show, he licks the Princess neck before saying.

Do you know long I have been waiting for this day? My two greatest foes will watch each other die, knowing each other's deaths.

What little room she had to move her arm she jerked her arm driving the dagger in her hand into the leg of her attacker. Fight of flight raging through her mind body and soul.

As soon as she managed to free herself and before Mago could react, the beast pounced on the man. O 've pinned Mago stepped up. His eyes wide.

You are dead, I.....i killed you myself. How?

The Blood Prince laughed an evil laugh.

She moved quickly to Mago shaking but still gripping the dagger with blood on it. She had made the monster bleed she took strength from that.

Mago shook with anger. The beast snarled as the Blood Prince laughed and said.

I can not be destroyed! Only you will be destroyed.

Something in her snapped. Dagger in hand she stepped forward and slamming it into the blood princes chest where a heart should be if she believed that he had one.

Mago watches as his Princess attacks the one would came to destroy her. The beast pinning him down also attacks, somehow avoiding the Princess blows.

Mago watches with grim satisfaction before trying to restrain her.

Enough. It's over. It's over. Stop stop. Come back to me. Ok?

She was shaking as he pulled her to him. Her eyes staring through his. Even the great beast nudged her in concern as it called out summoning the bird who tilted it's head looking into her eyes. Slowly she tried to calm till she could speak.

Mago

The mighty warrior simply held her and rocked her. The beast licked them both and nudged them.

Sshh, my lady.

And they sat there for an unknown time. Many other beasts came, of all sizes and species. As did many birds. It was only then that Mago made them get up and move.

We... We should get back to the others.

She curled close to him.as they walked staring at the blood on her hands then back to him.

Is... Is this nightmare over now my love?

Mago is unsure but wants to reassure his love.

Yes my love, thanks to you. Let's find something to clean you up.

Back