The Poetry Forum: 2008

WickedEve

save an apple, eat eve
We have four weeks left of 2008. I'd like to end our poetry forum year on a good note -- hopefully, a poetic note. I'm sure we'd all like this little place of ours to focus a bit more on poetry and a lot less on the sad situation of harassment and all the grief there has been over the new sub forum. Well, together we can do it.

Let's look back at our year, the poems, the poets, the forum, the poetry world around us, and talk a little about what/who we enjoyed the most and about our best and most vivid memories of 2008.

I'd like to share a thread from the beginning of 2008: New Year's Poetry Resolutions
Did you post on that thread? Did you keep your New Year's poetry resolution? :)

Okay, start sharing your best of 2008! :rose:

Even if I was always close by, I wasn't truly here this year, and I feel a very real sense of regret about that. I feel a bit disconnected from the community and even the whole situation going on, I'm only now starting to hear about it. 2008 has been incredibly special for me, the most important year of my life so far - and I wouldn't take it back for the world, but I do wish poetry - and you guys - had been more a part of it. It's one of the reasons why I came up with the Poetry Survivor idea, and why I'm so committed to have it work. I want that feeling of belonging, again.

Anyway, for me, the best of 2008 when it comes to poetry and the forum is this moment right now. :)

Even if I was always close by, I wasn't truly here this year, and I feel a very real sense of regret about that. I feel a bit disconnected from the community and even the whole situation going on, I'm only now starting to hear about it. 2008 has been incredibly special for me, the most important year of my life so far - and I wouldn't take it back for the world, but I do wish poetry - and you guys - had been more a part of it. It's one of the reasons why I came up with the Poetry Survivor idea, and why I'm so committed to have it work. I want that feeling of belonging, again.

Anyway, for me, the best of 2008 when it comes to poetry and the forum is this moment right now. :)
You know Angeline and I love you. You do belong. So... you took a long, long break from the po bo. Now all you have to do is just come on back and do your special Hynde thing.

The most important poetic "moment" I had this year was when I read PandoraGlitters poem "Self Help."

I was so deeply moved that I did things I never thought I would do and I am eternally grateful for her brilliance.

Stop. Reset. Then
think about the thing you will regret
in fifteen years. Imagine the shape of that
unfulfilled wish, hold it in your arms
and then feel it dissolve;

yes. That regret.
Then imagine the things that might
prevent it. Then take the first
step to avert it:

a phone call,
a trip to the dentist,
proctologist, florist.

Maybe the task is to forgive,
remake friendships. Forge
anew old communities. Reunite
lost loves, mothers and children,
create a movement

to begin the future again
string and chalk in hand.

Thank you Pandy, I'm going to keep you in my heart forever because of this poem. *Muah* :heart:

To name something is to leave other things out. So it's a tough call.

But the people. The new ones, the 'old' ones, the regular cast and the special guests, the wandering planets and the fixed stars. The people are why I'm here, and what I love, always.

bj

We have four weeks left of 2008. I'd like to end our poetry forum year on a good note -- hopefully, a poetic note. I'm sure we'd all like this little place of ours to focus a bit more on poetry and a lot less on the sad situation of harassment and all the grief there has been over the new sub forum. Well, together we can do it.

Let's look back at our year, the poems, the poets, the forum, the poetry world around us, and talk a little about what/who we enjoyed the most and about our best and most vivid memories of 2008.

I'd like to share a thread from the beginning of 2008: New Year's Poetry Resolutions
Did you post on that thread? Did you keep your New Year's poetry resolution? :)

Okay, start sharing your best of 2008! :rose:

Seems I was smuggling Angeline and EE into Spain round about then

Seems I was smuggling Angeline and EE into Spain round about then

Well that explains why I didn't work on getting my jazz poems published like I said I would in that thread last year.

And it was very cramped in your suitcase, but since I take every opportunity I can to be squished up against E-dub, overall it was good. :D

I don't have any resolutions yet this year. Except maybe to get over this cold. Or bronchitis. Whatever it is. At the moment my biggest goal is to drink more orange juice. And hot tea.

Well that explains why I didn't work on getting my jazz poems published like I said I would in that thread last year.

And it was very cramped in your suitcase, but since I take every opportunity I can to be squished up against E-dub, overall it was good. :D

I don't have any resolutions yet this year. Except maybe to get over this cold. Or bronchitis. Whatever it is. At the moment my biggest goal is to drink more orange juice. And hot tea.
Stop being sick. My new year's resolution is to make Angeline healthy. Not sure how, though.

My fondest memory of 2008 on the forum was when everyone declared me goddess of poetry. Really. I remember something like that happening. Or maybe someone said, "God damn poet!" to me. Maybe that was it.

Stop being sick. My new year's resolution is to make Angeline healthy. Not sure how, though.

My fondest memory of 2008 on the forum was when everyone declared me goddess of poetry. Really. I remember something like that happening. Or maybe someone said, "God damn poet!" to me. Maybe that was it.
Not me. I'd never curse. You're just a gosh durned good one ;).

If I recall correctly it was "Oh My Goddess, nice ass!"

Speaking of which, think you could pull the dress in your current Av up a little higher? ...just asking...

I had to give up on doing a reading today because I sound awful. :mad:

So yes, please make me healthy. I even had to call out sick for my dentist appt yesterday lol. Do you think they thought I was faking?

I think last year I called you the Goodest of poets. You just got confuzzled.

So yes, please make me healthy. I even had to call out sick for my dentist appt yesterday lol. Do you think they thought I was faking?

We all must aspire to raise our hems higher and become gooderer than the goodest of the good, or something.

Ange, try Cold FX. I know it works for me but since I'm anticoagulated and ginseng is a major ingredient that interferes with warfarin, I can't use it. But if you can, just take it as directed 3 caps 3 times for one day then 2 caps twice the next 2 days and one cap twice until your cold is gone. For a maintenance dose take one once a day until you either choose to quit or run out.

If I recall correctly it was "Oh My Goddess, nice ass!"

Speaking of which, think you could pull the dress in your current Av up a little higher? ...just asking...
Ah ha, that was it! I knew the word god or goddess was in there somewhere.

Sorry, I'm going with SB's goddess ass comment.

We all must aspire to raise our hems higher and become gooderer than the goodest of the good, or something.

Ange, try Cold FX. I know it works for me but since I'm anticoagulated and ginseng is a major ingredient that interferes with warfarin, I can't use it. But if you can, just take it as directed 3 caps 3 times for one day then 2 caps twice the next 2 days and one cap twice until your cold is gone. For a maintenance dose take one once a day until you either choose to quit or run out.

Thanks sweets. I have never heard of that here. I'll have to research it. Maybe it's sold under a different name here.

I was pissed that I couldn't do the reading today, but I sound terrible. Not coldy-husky-sexy-voiced, just uh froggy.

Oh and Evie? I understand. I'd go with the Goddess Ass comment, too. :D

2008 has been the only year I have participated on the Poetry Forum so far (although I haven't been around much lately, I still don't intend on leaving permanently), but I have enjoyed so many aspects of the forum and I greatly appreciate the time spent here over the year. I most adored 'meeting' and conversing with people on this forum, reading their poems, discussing poetry, and in general getting to know people.

As for specific 'events' here in 2008, I enjoyed doing the reviews, I loved the (unfortunately rather short-lived) poetry master class series, and I was especially thrilled to actually be writing poetry (and submitting it no less!).

That is only because you don't show your tits. :D

She has too shown em. I've seen em. Nyah nyah. :p

Her bewbies are legendary. People write poems about them.

And just so you know, if Eve ever gets teh gay, I get her first. Well, if I ever get it, too. We made a pact.

I've been vaccinated.

Is that what you and Hugo call it? Getting vaccinated?
(and I though I had a warped mind! :rolleyes: )

Ange, it's not nice to gloat. Gloaters need to show their bewbies.
(I never gloat, due to lack of bewbie meat :eek: )

Back