The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My flight broom and I do NOT do house work.

Dear heavens! We must educate your palate.

More like re-train my guts, I think.
Do I take it that your flight broom is different to your "housework" broom, then ? I
guess that would make sense.

Got to get the man out to the farm for some serious eating. Adverse to vinegar, onion and hot peppers? Mercy!

Get the wrong stuff in it and I am yelling for mercy (and a great deal of milk).

Party of the year yesterday, hangover of the year today.
Gazpacho sounds amazing right now. Ship some over please? :D

OK. Someone send me a small sample to try. :)

Get the wrong stuff in it and I am yelling for mercy (and a great deal of milk).

We need to talk. If tomatoes, onions and hot things irritate your gut, there may be reasons. :rose:

Today, I made zucchini potato latkes with greek yogurt to go with the leftover gazpacho. All the flavours taste like summer. :)

I can understand someone who lives in a four season clime with harsh winters being only too happy to hang onto summer but as for this bear, autumn can't come soon enough! It's so bad HM and I are fleeing the bake oven home turf and heading for Germany in a couple of weeks hoping for gloom, rain and Oktoberfest--or at least cooler weather and Oktoberfest, anyway.

I can understand someone who lives in a four season clime with harsh winters being only too happy to hang onto summer but as for this bear, autumn can't come soon enough! It's so bad HM and I are fleeing the bake oven home turf and heading for Germany in a couple of weeks hoping for gloom, rain and Oktoberfest--or at least cooler weather and Oktoberfest, anyway.

I can understand that, too, Bear.

This was a long winter up here and even the summer has had a frosting of polar air.

I don't mind giving up the hot temperatures, as I'm more comfortable around 75F anyway, but I am clinging to the garden produce.

The 'Eat Local' movement has much to recommend it. I love eating right out of my own backyard!

I can understand that, too, Bear.

This was a long winter up here and even the summer has had a frosting of polar air.

I don't mind giving up the hot temperatures, as I'm more comfortable around 75F anyway, but I am clinging to the garden produce.

The 'Eat Local' movement has much to recommend it. I love eating right out of my own backyard!

An attribute my parents almost enshrined when I was a kid.
I never did like vegetables much. . .
drop me a line sometime :)

:rose::rose:

I just finished picking and shelling the second planting of dry beans from our garden. It's been a terrible tomato year, for some reason, but the Tiger Eye beans have come on strong. So far I've got about 4 1/4 lbs. of that variety and I'm expecting at least another pound and a half from the last planting. Spread out over the winter between two people that's a vast amount of bean soup . . . and we love bean soup! Now if this winter's goose trip is successful I'm going to try and make up some confit and have a try at a cassoulet. I'm getting skeptical looks from HM because she isn't all that fond of goose (doesn't like fat) but I think it should be wonderful. A big cassoulet, green salad, hot bread and red wine--who needs Maxim's?

Party of the year yesterday, hangover of the year today.

Gazpacho sounds amazing right now. Ship some over please? :D

Gazpacho would fetch you 'round.

Do I take it that your flight broom is different to your "housework" broom, then ? I
guess that would make sense.

As I stated, I don't do housework. It's bad for my creative side.

Aha! I knew it!

The designs on my private parts are so dang irritating! :mad:

We had a lot of fun.

We need to talk. If tomatoes, onions and hot things irritate your gut, there may be reasons. :rose:

Today, I made zucchini potato latkes with greek yogurt to go with the leftover gazpacho. All the flavours taste like summer. :)

Cultured food such as yogurt would help our friend immensely. The good flora would straighten his innards out.

You should've spent your summer in Illinois. We didn't get summer until last week. Until then, it was cool, comfortable and fantastic.

I just finished picking and shelling the second planting of dry beans from our garden. It's been a terrible tomato year, for some reason, but the Tiger Eye beans have come on strong. So far I've got about 4 1/4 lbs. of that variety and I'm expecting at least another pound and a half from the last planting. Spread out over the winter between two people that's a vast amount of bean soup . . . and we love bean soup! Now if this winter's goose trip is successful I'm going to try and make up some confit and have a try at a cassoulet. I'm getting skeptical looks from HM because she isn't all that fond of goose (doesn't like fat) but I think it should be wonderful. A big cassoulet, green salad, hot bread and red wine--who needs Maxim's?

I have no beans but many tomatoes, from which we produced many fine sauces. We should work a trade.

I'd be happy to but I still have a couple of cases of sauce from the year before. But I'm sure I can send you a pound of these beans. You can't buy them in a store. They're purely a home-grown variety.

I'd be happy to but I still have a couple of cases of sauce from the year before. But I'm sure I can send you a pound of these beans. You can't buy them in a store. They're purely a home-grown variety.

Tiger eye beans (just looked at a picture of them) appear to be very similar to horticulture beans.

Horticulture is my favorite bean. You can't get them in stores and finding the seeds is a challenge. I love me some heirloom beans.

I saw a report that reckoned that 63 trillion gallons of water have disappeared from the US and the ground has actually shrunk.
I vote for solar-powered distillation. . . .

In the short term, however, you can have some of ours; We got lots o' rain here!

Well, there's Vermont Bean, Seedsavers' Exchange, or (my favorite) Territorial Seed.

And when you get a load of beans, here's our favorite bean soup recipe:

Hungarian Bean Soup ‘Arany Hordo’

2 1/3 cups dried pinto beans
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
¾ cup chopped celery (or substitute)
¼ cup butter 1 tsp. minced garlic
¾ lb. smoked pork chops
¼ tsp. pepper
¾ cup peeled, chopped turnip
½ lb. smoked sausage
3 Tbsps. Flour
2 Tbsps. Minced fresh parsley
½ tsp. hot Hungarian paprika

Pick over the pinto beans, place them into a large bowl and add enough water to cover them by 3 inches. Soak the beans over-night. Drain the beans and rinse them under cold water. Combine the beans, 8 cups water, the smoked pork chops, 2 Tbsps. minced garlic, ¼ tsp. pepper and 2 bay leaves in a large kettle. Bring the water to a boil, cover and simmer the mixture for an hour. Add the chopped turnip and celery. Cook the mixture over moderate heat for 45 minutes or until the beans are tender. Remove the pork chops and let them cool. Cut the meat from the bone, dice it and return it to the kettle with the smoked sausage sliced into ½ inch rounds. Melt the butter in a small sauce pan, stir in 3 Tbsps. Flour. Cook the roux, stirring, for one minute. Add the minced onion, parsley, 1 tsp. minced garlic and ½ tsp. hot Hungarian paprika. Stir and cook the mixture for 2 minutes and stir it into the kettle. Cook the soup over moderate heat for 5 minutes, stir frequently. Adjust the seasoning. Discard bay leaves. Ladle the soup into heated bowls; garnish each with a dollop of sour cream.
8 servings

And very professional, if i may say so.
Erm. . . to me, a Kettle is something one uses to boil water for tea or coffee;
and I haven't the remotest clue what a roux is [apart from being the name of a famous French cook].

You know what put me off cooking ? A cook-book on the subject of cooking for one. (I had been lately widowed).

The famous authoress /TV cook opened up with something like :"into a ramekin, place the . . . ."
Not a word about what the 'ell a ramekin is or was.

Stuck with a need for some food, I bunged something into the microwave and have been OK ever since.

:)

Well, there's Vermont Bean, Seedsavers' Exchange, or (my favorite) Territorial Seed.

And when you get a load of beans, here's our favorite bean soup recipe:

Hungarian Bean Soup ‘Arany Hordo’

2 1/3 cups dried pinto beans
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
¾ cup chopped celery (or substitute)
¼ cup butter 1 tsp. minced garlic
¾ lb. smoked pork chops
¼ tsp. pepper
¾ cup peeled, chopped turnip
½ lb. smoked sausage
3 Tbsps. Flour
2 Tbsps. Minced fresh parsley
½ tsp. hot Hungarian paprika

Pick over the pinto beans, place them into a large bowl and add enough water to cover them by 3 inches. Soak the beans over-night. Drain the beans and rinse them under cold water. Combine the beans, 8 cups water, the smoked pork chops, 2 Tbsps. minced garlic, ¼ tsp. pepper and 2 bay leaves in a large kettle. Bring the water to a boil, cover and simmer the mixture for an hour. Add the chopped turnip and celery. Cook the mixture over moderate heat for 45 minutes or until the beans are tender. Remove the pork chops and let them cool. Cut the meat from the bone, dice it and return it to the kettle with the smoked sausage sliced into ½ inch rounds. Melt the butter in a small sauce pan, stir in 3 Tbsps. Flour. Cook the roux, stirring, for one minute. Add the minced onion, parsley, 1 tsp. minced garlic and ½ tsp. hot Hungarian paprika. Stir and cook the mixture for 2 minutes and stir it into the kettle. Cook the soup over moderate heat for 5 minutes, stir frequently. Adjust the seasoning. Discard bay leaves. Ladle the soup into heated bowls; garnish each with a dollop of sour cream.
8 servings

Yum.

And very professional, if i may say so.
Erm. . . to me, a Kettle is something one uses to boil water for tea or coffee;
and I haven't the remotest clue what a roux is [apart from being the name of a famous French cook].

You know what put me off cooking ? A cook-book on the subject of cooking for one. (I had been lately widowed).

The famous authoress /TV cook opened up with something like :"into a ramekin, place the . . . ."
Not a word about what the 'ell a ramekin is or was.

Stuck with a need for some food, I bunged something into the microwave and have been OK ever since.

:)
In the states, a kettle could mean a large cooking pot--usually made of cast iron.

A roux is a Creole cooking term. It's a gravy base, usually made of some form of fat and flour. A proper roux is cooked until it's a golden color. It's used in soups, stews, sauces and gravies.

Cooking for one is rarely fun.

A ramekin is a type of baking dish.

Nuked food=yuck. Try sauteeing a small amount of steak, cut into pieces, a few vegetables and fresh tomatoes. It makes its own sauce and is quick, easy and delish. You can also use chicken. Season to taste.

Cooking for two is challenging enough. If I had to cook for one, the local restaurants would start doing a land office business. Breakfast and lunch are easy to grab but dinner for one? Uh-uh.

Cooking for two is challenging enough. If I had to cook for one, the local restaurants would start doing a land office business. Breakfast and lunch are easy to grab but dinner for one? Uh-uh.

I remember those days. I'd like to try them again. I made some killer sandwiches and pasta dishes back then.

Some but mostly homemade since I have the diabetes. Can soups have too much sugar. I make mine with splenda if I need to add sugar for taste.

I'd never survive as a diabetic. I cannot take any artificial sweeteners. They make my heart go all wonky. Bad stuff, that.

I'd never survive as a diabetic. I cannot take any artificial sweeteners. They make my heart go all wonky. Bad stuff, that.

Have you tried Splenda? It is made with dextrose and not the bullshit the other substitutes are made with. It shouldn't mess with your heart.

Have you tried Splenda? It is made with dextrose and not the bullshit the other substitutes are made with. It shouldn't mess with your heart.

Splenda is as bad as the others. They process it with sugar alcohols. All artificial sweeteners are processed the same. The substances can be found in most processed foods. All of them are deadly to me. I take no more chances with any of it. I eat only what comes in its own natural packages or what I process at home. I really don't care to go to the hospital again or have my heart try to kill me.

Splenda is as bad as the others. They process it with sugar alcohols. All artificial sweeteners are processed the same. The substances can be found in most processed foods. All of them are deadly to me. I take no more chances with any of it. I eat only what comes in its own natural packages or what I process at home. I really don't care to go to the hospital again or have my heart try to kill me.

:rose::kiss: Nope, we don't want to lose you.

That reminds me of a very famous sketch (see here)
Personally, I think it's hysterical (it's played on TV every Christmas all over the EU except the UK for some obscure reason). There is just one near-smile on her face [how did she keep it straight?] just the once. [Stars: Freddie Frinton & May Warden].
Those who speak German are invited to see one of the other versions for an explanation.

I keep hearing about Natural, Unprocessed, sugars (Fructose, etc. I'm no chemist).
Are there none which you can employ ?
:rose:
I did see THIS.

:rose::kiss: Nope, we don't want to lose you.

How Very, Very True.
How else could one learn something of the craft of writing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back