The Mega Fun Fun Happy Brain Thread! (ot)

The purpose of this thread is definitely going to be misconstrued.

Bruce Wayne was once the name of the Batman.

What does ot mean?

mega fun fun happy brain chemicals

Yay!

The weather has cooled down here finally. I'm going to go walk for the first time in forever and make some of my own happy brain chemicals.

I'm hoping the exercise will help me sleep better too because i have been sleeping like shit lately. :mad:

Yay!

The weather has cooled down here finally. I'm going to go walk for the first time in forever and make some of my own happy brain chemicals.

I'm hoping the exercise will help me sleep better too because i have been sleeping like shit lately. :mad:

I'm in the same boat Honey!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the same boat Honey! The weather is getting cold here, but I'm doing the same thing, trying to get a little more exercise in the hopes that maybe I'll sleep better. I totally understand the "sleeping like shit" thing. I don't think I've actually slept more than 6 hours at any one time this entire year. Most of the time, it's much less than that.

Welcome! 🙋 Can I call you lilli?

Quality sleep is so important, isn't it? ive learned that it affects my mood as much as anything else.

Where do you like to go walking?

There is a motto I like: Do Hard Things.

The problem with that is that when I am feeling depressed, everything is hard.

So I've added an alternative option for those days: Do Things. 'Cause that's hard enough.

*Take your pill, Honey. Hard, because I don't like the side effects, but important.
*Wash your face.
*Brush your teeth.
*Put on clothes.
*Eat something good for you before noon.
*Do something productive around the house.
*Do something that feeds your soul.
*Touch base with someone and tell them how you're doing today.
*Keep an eye on your mood (I rate it on a scale of 1-10). If it falls below 3, take your orange pill.

That's a lot of stuff for a depressed person to do!

Some days I do some of it, some days I don't do any of it. Hard days are when I feel like 'I can't' before I get out of bed, and i am sad about everything. Good days are when I can finish that whole list without trying.

My daily norm is slowly moving away from 'I can't,' to 'What else needs to be done?' Slowly... slowly.

I am thankful.

Hi Honey! Yes, I'm lilli. I actually just got back from a walk.

Welcome! 🙋 Can I call you lilli?

Quality sleep is so important, isn't it? ive learned that it affects my mood as much as anything else.

Where do you like to go walking?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a motto I like: Do Hard Things.

The problem with that is that when I am feeling depressed, everything is hard.

So I've added an alternative option for those days: Do Things. 'Cause that's hard enough.

*Take your pill, Honey. Hard, because I don't like the side effects, but important.
*Wash your face.
*Brush your teeth.
*Put on clothes.
*Eat something good for you before noon.
*Do something productive around the house.
*Do something that feeds your soul.
*Touch base with someone and tell them how you're doing today.
*Keep an eye on your mood (I rate it on a scale of 1-10). If it falls below 3, take your orange pill.

That's a lot of stuff for a depressed person to do!

Some days I do some of it, some days I don't do any of it. Hard days are when I feel like 'I can't' before I get out of bed, and i am sad about everything. Good days are when I can finish that whole list without trying.

My daily norm is slowly moving away from 'I can't,' to 'What else needs to be done?' Slowly... slowly.

I am thankful.

I think you are too hard on yourself. You shouldn't define a 'good' day based on whether you ticked off everything on your list. Obviously, all those points are good for you (fuck, do I know how important routine is and how much better I feel after I've finally managed to wash my hair). Maybe you could calibrate what a 'good' day will be on a day-to-day basis? I'm currently working on that myself... :rolleyes:

Hi Honey! Yes, I'm lilli. I actually just got back from a walk. Lately I've been walking along the river a quite often, but I like hiking trails and whatnot in the summer. There is a river trail just a few blocks away, so I don't have much of an excuse.

Good for you!

Sounds lovely, it's nice to have options. :)

I think you are too hard on yourself. You shouldnt define a 'good' day based on whether you ticked off everything on your list. Obviously, all those points are good for you (fuck, do I know how important routine is and how much better I feel after I've finally managed to wash my hair). Maybe you could calibrate what a 'good' day will be on a day-to-day basis? I'm currently working on that myself... :rolleyes:

Good idea.

I've been wobbly for a couple of days, after having done well for weeks. Shocking how quickly the descent back into darkness can happen.

Note to elli: wash hair.

P.s. :heart:

Shocking how quickly the descent back into darkness can happen.

I know, and also sometimes out of the blue. I've been absolutely fine for the last 1 1/2 years, but the last week .... :mad:

p.s.: I washed my hair yesterday! that's one good thing about work: it requires certain basics and routines (like putting on pants :rolleyes:) even though my work arrangement is not very structured at all.

btw, making myself go to arts class in a few minutes, even though it's cold and dark and I won't be back home till half 9 and tomorrow I have to be on campus from 9-6 (and dinner with colleague after that). I'd rather go to bed and watch telly, but...

I know, and also sometimes out of the blue. I've been absolutely fine for the last 1 1/2 years, but the last week .... :mad:

p.s.: I washed my hair yesterday! that's one good thing about work: it requires certain basics and routines (like putting on pants :rolleyes:) even though my work arrangement is not very structured at all.

Routine is good. 👍 Doesn't make things easy, but slightly less difficult.

Also, pants or pants? :cool:

btw, making myself go to arts class in a few minutes, even though it's cold and dark and I won't be back home till half 9 and tomorrow I have to be on campus from 9-6 (and dinner with colleague after that). I'd rather go to bed and watch telly, but...

You're a good girl!

Have some cake. 🎂

btw, making myself go to arts class in a few minutes,

I'm glad you have a creative outlet. I need to be more intentional about that.

Hey, I was going through my elli folder on my phone and found the cock series you did! 😂 You're really very good, you know?

You're a good girl!

*nodnod*

I'm glad you have a creative outlet. I need to be more intentional about that.

Hey, I was going through my elli folder on my phone and found the cock series you did! 😂 You're really very good, you know?

Actually, I think I need more practice at cock :rolleyes:

Just got home and feeling a lot better than I would have if I'd stayed home!

Back