The lost city of Atlantis...

OOC: Wow, Atlantis, the island of Dr. Moreau and Lord of the Rings all in one thread. Allow me to add my twist.

IC: Prendick had been master of the King's live stock for ten years. He stood on the side of the large sleeping volcano, mount Alistat, watching over the heard of Dugenes, as they peacefully graized on the sweet grasses. The Dugene
was a cross between cattle, sheep and mountain goats, providing a fine soft wool and meat for the islanders. Here above the tree line Prendick had a clear view of the island and the surrounding waters. He spotted them coming in the distance. He signaled to his herdsman.

"Alarm! To your bows men they're coming again!" Looking out over the water appeared to be a flock of large birds coming onto the land, as they neared you could clearly spy riders on their backs. They are Mobins, half bird, like eagles, and half lizard. They have an eagles head and talons with bodies and wings like dragons. Giants, capable of carrying riders and Dugenes, their favorite food.
Flying in from the Island of Mu, Atlantis's neighbor and foe, they were a constant terror for the herdsman. The riders are the Mu warriors, fierce and forever in search of food for their mounts.

"Ready men," The herdsmen formed a line with their bows, "Steady now." Prendick notched an arrow in his bow and took aim. "Fire!" The herdsman shot flight after flight at the fast moving Mobins as they swooped down on the herd. The attack was brief, 20 Dugenes lost, no birds downed. The herdsman set about to gather the scattered herd.

"This has got to stop, Andre!" A young herdsman came running to his master.
"Yes Master Prendick." Andre eyed his master. Prendick stood an even 6 foot tall. His long dusty hair tied in the traditional braid of the mountainmen. His tunic on Dugene wool was dyed brown with red trimmings, his knee high mountain boots were of tanned Dugene hide. He wore a long sword at his waist.
"I'm going to see King Allias. I feel it's time to take action against these Muians and their foul birds. Watch the herd. I shall travel this evening down to the capital."

OOC; I once knew a guy who's screan name was nazgül. Is there any relationship to this immortal guy?

IC; Dimo and Carissa made their way past the Witch and the Lizardman. All 4 eyeing each other, aware of each other's immense power lurking behind the seemly frail, scaled, or insignificant forms. The two humans made their way past and towered the castle, the lizardman and the witch resuming their conversation. Dimo and Carissa looked at each other in silent agreement. They would meat up again, and soon.

As they approached they noticed that there was some commotion going on inside. "What's going on?" asked carissa to a guard.
"Baach, It's just the princess. You get used to it after a while. Oh.. Echem. There is official business taking place in the castle right now. All necessary persons or creatures areallready presant so you mustwait untill tomorrow to gain entry."
"What sort of business requires the closing of the castle to people in such high prestigue as us?"
"The secretive kind."
He doesn't know, whispered carissa.
"Well OK then, We'll be back early tommorow mornin."

_Very strange kind of undead this one_ thought Sith as he looked from where he was at the Nazgul. _For what I can deduce, it has been created from a humanoid, following some process that took away the flesh and left only a fiery spirit. Very interesting._

He piccked up the pig. "Do you all want to see what happens to those who defy me?" he screamed and burned the pig's leg. Then he put it into the fire and somehow ate it. Then he stepped outside and walked up to the snakeman. "May I ask why you are in this hut of a city?" he asked.

"Where did he go?" Noone seemed to care to answer Dimo's question, if they knew anyway. Frustrated, He walked back outside. "Noone saw. They just said he left in a hurry, though I doubt that's entirely the truth."
"Well, here comes our chocobo's. Maby they foundh him."
Cryo and Erathia landed next to their masters. One benefit THese chocobo's had, as apposed to their chromatic cousins, was the ability to fly. "Wark, wa-wa-wark.." squawked Erathia. Cryo was a little more pleased.
"Wakarue! Wakarue! WARK!"
"He's walking along the shore. Boy, sailors really like the sea, don't they?"
"Let's go give our cousin another visit. What do you say?"
THe two got on their birds and flew out of the city. Few bystanderds seemed to care, having seen many a flyer come in and out of their city.

Barney trailed the antire island. Although, it wasn't an island at all, it was more like a, like a...
"A ring," he said to himself. It as like a ring, a ring of an island, this was certainly strange, he had never seen this formation anywhere on earth before, or had he.
Presently he came up to a bridge. It lead across the water, then to another island, it had to be another island, beause it wasn't connected to this one except for the bridge.
"Well, that is really weird, I wonder what it makes."
Barney took out a piece of paper, and drew a map of the place. It was a ring inside of a ring, inside of a rin, and then, in the center, was an island. Not a ring like the others, but an actual island.
"I have never seen this before."
Barney thought about it, then suddenly, it hit him.
"Atlantis!"
He had remembered the stories, and had read countless books about it, it's wonderful gardens, the mythical creatures. And so far it was exactly right. Barney couldn't believe it.
"but, atlantis was lsot forever, how did i..."
Barney looked at the piece of paper, he didn't remember having a piece of paper. Suddenly it came back to him, the old man. He called himself Doc, he wanted Barney to deliver it to the man when they reached the dock.
Barney opened the note, looking at what was inside:
"I finished it. The flux capacitor is finished, make sure there is no lightening, you know what happened last time. Make the captain go through the bermuda triangle there is hardly ever storms there"
Big mistake, Barney thought,
"Anyway, I hope to see you soon,
Doc"
What in the world? Barney remembered, it was the new experiment, time travel, the key to time travel was the flux capacitor, which was in his cargo. No wonder he couldn't look at it, it was top secret.
"Then why wasn't it sent by special delivery or something?" Barney said aloud.
He answered his own question. It would actually be more vulnerable. This way no one would know. Barney think he understood. So the flux capacitor must have worked on the ship then. Thats why he is on Atlantis, he is in the past.
And that also explains why everything disappeared, it must have worked again, going further back,or to the present, or future, or who knows when.
Barney then put a smile to his face, "Then earth isn't destroyed. It is ok. At least now it is ok, in the future it will explode."
That meant something else, he wasn't on another world, he was here, on earth. Barney was still on earth, but in the past.
Barney danced a little jig, feeling so happy.
"Now," he said, composing himself, "what do I do now?"
Barney didn't have a question to that. He looked out to the ocean, what was there to do?

Murazor walked away from the snakeman and saddled his horse. He flew into the air and began to circle the area. it was like many rings and inside of them all, an island. It was Atlantis, known in his world as Westernesse. He would take care to find out who was king. He flew back to the ground and walked up to a merchant."Excuse me, I have been away for many years, can you tell me who is king now?" he asked. "Arazugar", was the reply. "Excellent", he thought to himself. He was the prince at this time. he wondered what day it was. Then it came to him, it would be three days before Sauron would come with the ring of magic and make him leader of the Nazgul. He laughed loudly and walked off towards the palace.

Dimo and carissa landed on either side of Barney. "Going somewhere?" The appearance of the 2 scared him out of his wits.

When he was stopped at the gates, he used his Dark breath to knock thw two gaurds out. Then he ripped the gate off it's hinges and threw it away like a piece of paper. Then he walked through the courtyard and into the castle. He walked through it like he knew it, which he did. Although he couldn't recall his sister's name, he knew it was her birthday. No matter, he was going to have a talk with himself.

Prendick rhode through town on the back of a large bull Dugene. The animals odor alone discouraged attack by some of the cities wilder elements. He found the gate to the castle torn off and laying across the courtyard. No guards were in view. Dismounting from the Dugene, he walked toward the castle.

Barney fell into the sad, scared for his life. It turned out to be the two who had found him though, he composed himself.
"Not where, but when..."
They both looked confused, but Barney didn't have the time to tell them, in fact he didn't want to tell anyone, messing up the past ruins the future, he had to be careful about that.
"Nevermind, I must have hit my head on something."
He looked around, but there was only sand. Oh well, Barney watched as the fidgeted uncomfortable, lying wasn't easy in the past either.
"I am sorry, I just have some problems in my life right now, especially all of this. Thank you for understanding."
"Well, all right," Dima said.
"So," he tried to change the subject, "what are you two up to now?"

"Well, we were about to retire for the night, when we found you missing."
"We earthlings have to watch out for each other, and you aren't exactly fit to be adventuring alone in a mystical place."
"I'm just a sailor"
"We know, but here's some advice on surviving a place like this. Nothing should serprise you. If you see a blue banana doing the charlston on a flying wombat, or a chearfull zombie selling potions and alloes from a corner stand, it's all perfactly normal. the only time you should seem serprised, shocked, or amazed, is when we are. Gotit?"
"Uh.. I think so."
"Good. Now let's go back to the Inn and rest up. We have a meating with the royalty tommorow.

_This undead wont last much if he keeps on going this way_ thought Sith when he saw the strange one enter the castle in such a poor manners way. _He doesn't know where he is getting into. Atlantis has the most powerful mages in existence. If they get angry, he'll pay. Wouldn't it have been easier to just ask for permission to get in?_
He then looked around. _Well, where could I find..._

He walked throught the castles corridors and doorways inyil he came tp his room. He knocked once. The door opened and he stood there as a young, handsome prince. The witch king pushed the prince inside. Then he began to circle him, vewing him. Then he pulled out his sword and sent his head to to the ground. "Will the real Murazor get out here?" he asked. The real one stepped out of a closet. "Yes, I always was afraid of an assasination", said the Witch King. Then, they began to really talk.

Garret flew back with Dimo and Carissa. They chose not to stay at an inn this time, lest a repeat of last time happens.
"Now, did you notice that the gate for the castle was ripped open?"
"Yes. we really should investigate."
"No use wating now."
The three went to the castle.

[Edited by Cryo on 08-24-2000 at 11:27 PM]

OOC: cryo this is the second time you just leave me to a stupid room to do nothing. Come on, this is supposed to be an adventure, don't say earthlings have to stick together than run off on your own. If we are supposed to stick together why are we always apart?

OOC; Sorry poohlive, but your description is a human sailor who's carreer is draging cargo from shore to shore. But read my last post, I'll edit you in.

OOC: the king's name is Allias just so you know Morgoth. Didn't you read the opening post?

IC:

"I want to go to the beach."

"NO." Juliet's lower lip started to quiver. "Don't you pull that on me. I watched you perfect it on you father."

All of a sudden they heard a large sound, like someone had just removed the gate from it's hinges. "Go to the maze and wait for me there. I'm going to investigate."

Juliet knew better than to argue with Lizzy when she used that tone. She ran to the opening and ducked inside. When she looked up she thought she was seeing things. Two very large birds with people on them flew over head and landed just inside the garden.

Now what was she supposed to do?

"We saw the front gate damaged, and we wish to help." Carissa was using her gentil tone as infront of them was a young girl of some royalty. Dimo and barney got off of Cryo and stepped foward. "You don't have anything to worry about. I am high-general Dimonal Cross, of the trans dimentional army. This is general Carissa fox and our new companion Barney." Carissa cast a calming spell on the girl, so she clould see things logicaly and not run away in fear.
"I'v never heard of that army! But no time for that now, Hurry, into the maze! we'll be safe in there!"
"Who is attacking?"
"I don't know, but it sounds bad enough to merrit hiding. Comeon!" Dimo thought that it was something to do with the lizardman or the witch they saw earlier in the street, but didn't mouth his opinion as they followed the girl through the twists and turns of the maze.

OOC: My bad, Shygodess, I have read the first post, okay? Let's just pretend that is his shortened name, please?

IC: He quickly got down to business. "Okay, Murazor, a dark, charming man will come here in a few days. When he offers you a ring of immortality, you will take it", the Witch King said. He sensed a few people at the torn off gates.

Sith saw the flying beasts come down into the castle. They had people on! He was very interested in them. He saw them go into the maze, the same maze he had gone out running shortly before. He decided to go in to investigate.

Sith entered the maze. he was one of the few people in atlantis to know the paths of the maze, and able to find his way in and out.
Sith worked his way through the maze, following the trail left clearly by the large birds. Suddenly a sharp sensation of heat was on the back of his neck, just short of singing him. "Who are you and why were you following us?" Sith had detected no magic, nore senced another presance nearby (until now). If there's one thing he could tell, this guy was powerful.
"I am sith. Your birds intrigued me, and I simply wanted to inquire about them"
"The princess tells us that noone knows these mazes. are you that stupid that you would risk being lost forever jsut to ask about some rare birds?"
"I know this maze. I traverse it often. There was no chance of me getting lost. Who are you my mysterious friend? I come in peace, so you can sheath your hot weapon!" the heat left the back of his neck, and he turned around. The weapon being held was a saber. the odd thing about it was it had no physical blade, it was completely made out of flame. Sith cringed thinking about what might have happened if he held the blade closer.
"I am high-General Dimonal Cross, of the trans dimentional army."
"I have never heard of that army"
"We traverse the very faberic of existence, collecting forces and fighting a battle beyond your comprehention and controll."
"Sounds like a long story" said Sith.
"It's long enough. You want to know about our birds? They are known as chocobo's. Born in a land where magic is created through technology, and technology is rivited around magic. I'll explain more later. right now, you still haven't proven your good intentions to me, so you will come with me as my so called prisoner untill you have. got me?"

"I'll come with you as a freeman who gives his word, and I do give you my word that I will try to help in all I can, and that I'll heed your counsels when you are more knowledgeable than I." said Sith with a charming smile, intrigued by the word transdimensional. He was also thinking about the concept of technology and magic.

"I accept your word" he said, sheething the magical weapon. "And trust me, I have technology you wouldn't understand if I taught it to you for 6 years!" Sith hid his surprise that Dimo had read his mind. He would have to be carefull what he thought about.
"So what is this transdimentional army you mentioned?" Sith was still intrigued about this unkown militia.
"Every time a choice is made, a dimention branches off, therefor resulting in both choices being made. As the space between dimentions grew over time, it developed inteligence and power. A force known as oblivion, a power that is anti-existance, is trying to destroy all dimentions, and restore the universe to the void it once was. The power of the cross dimentional being summoned me and some colliques to cross the dimentional barriers and recruit an army..."

OOC; I have to leave. I will finish the story tommorow.

Back