The Long Road Home (closed)

Ian loved the little sounds she made, and as their lips parted once more, he gave her a devilish smirk before his lips practically attacked her throat with needy kisses and the drive of a wild animal and he picked up his pace just that little bit more. His strength only seemed to grow the more he thrust into her core and kissed and worshiped her skin. It was just what he'd needed.

Sarah let out a gasp as he attacked her throat, his heated kisses searing her skin and marking her as his. No other man would ever compare to him, she thought to herself. Wolves would smell him on her. She didn't want it any other way.

Her fingers clawed at his skin as pleasure burst across her body. A long, low whimper left her lips as she massaged his member, her body clenching so tightly around him.

Ian could hardly hold on long enough to enjoy watching and feeling her release before his own caused him to pull back from her core. It hit him harder than ever before, making his knees feel a little weak.

Sarah panted against his ear as he pulled free from her and she felt his body shudder. She pressed her lips against his cheek, nibbling on his ear as he held her tightly. She was happy and she hoped that he knew that she was happy.

"You complete me, Ian." She whispered softly. "My heart and my soul. You've given all of that back to me."

"I think y'still had 'em," Ian murmured in return as he began to calm. "Y'just needed someone t'love you an' bring them back to life." His lips pressed against her throat and he carried her to her bed, having never let her feet touch the floor once. He practically collapsed beside her, smiling. "An' I needed th'same," he added.

Sarah clung to him as he carried her to the bed, a sigh leaving her lips as he settled in at her side. If she admitted the truth, she never wanted him to leave. As stubborn as she could be, she needed Ian to help balance her. She had always thought she wanted Brogan for power, but she had been incredibly wrong.

"Stay with me tonight." She whispered softly, letting him see the vulnerable woman that lived in her heart.

"Always, darlin'," Ian murmured in return before pressing one last kiss to her temple. His arms remained securely wrapped around her through the night and right up to when she awoke. Ian was still fast asleep, peaceful and silent. Sunlight came streaming in through the window, lighting up their half-covered bodies with golden light that had been missing far too often that winter. The keep was quiet too. It seemed everyone was content with a quiet morning. It was a Sunday, so most of the keep staff were off to church. Those who weren't Christians worked on Sundays and were finishing up their tasks to enjoy the next day which would then be their day off.

Sarah was content to lay there in Ian's arms as the morning passed them by. Shia wouldn't let anyone disturb her. He thought that she needed to heal and he knew just how much Ian helped her. He was her silent protector, the one that she loved so very much. It took an army to keep her sane and balanced and she was thankful that there were so many in her life that were dedicated to just that cause.

Ian was slow to wake, preferring to curl closer to Sarah rather than open his eyes and face the day. He finally murmured just above a whisper, "Mornin', love..." He shifted s bit, his hand resting across her belly.

"Morning." She whispered softly as he finally stirred, his hand resting over her belly as he pulled her close. "It's getting late. We should get up. I have work that needs to be done."

"Mmhmm..." Ian sat up slowly and stretched, glancing out the window through half-closed eyes to see the sun rising high in the sky. "Damn... Y'must've worn me out las' night..." he murmured with a smile as his memory returned.

"I'll wear you out every night if you like." Sarah teased, stretching under the covers. "For the rest of your life."

She gave him a grin, laughing softly as he cast a glance her direction. She found it easy to laugh and love him. She might have been stoic and dower when she was in public, but he knew the real person that rested behind that facade.

Ian's own chuckle was low and soft as he stretched out beside her and let his hands wander beneath the blanket to her hips as he pressed a warm kiss to the base of her throat. "Hm... I'll think about tha'..." he murmured. His day was already off to a great start.

"Don't you start that with me now, Ian." Sarah scolded playfully as his hands ran over the curves of her body. "I have too much work today."

"I know," he grinned up at her before stealing a kiss. He sat up at the edge of her bed with a content sigh. "I have a bit to do t'day myself too. People t'talk to, things t'pick up..."

"What work could you possibly have to do? You come and go as you please." Sarah asked him, watching as he sat on the edge of her bed and stretched. "Perhaps we can meet for lunch together in the garden. It's a nice sunny day and I'd like to share at least part of it with you."

"I still 'ave a farm to look after, love, even if it's gonna be small this year." Sarah was the only thing Ian was more devoted to than his family farm. Now that it was up to him alone to keep it, he took it incredibly seriously despite his laid back approach. "But I'll be happy t'join ya."

"Shia can help you with your farm." She said softly, looking at him as he mentioned tending to the land that he had been on since birth. "I'll tell him to go with you today."

"I can handle it, love. I can't really start planting yet so there's no' much to do. Besides, I think Shia oughta have a chance to live 'is own life. In all the time I've known him, he's never 'ad a personal life. And I noticed he seems t'have a soft spot fer a particular Wolf in town. I think she's the blacksmith's cousin and she works with him."

"He's never said anything about finding a woman." She said, a little startled that her protector had his eye on someone else. "He's never asked for time away, either."

"I know. I asked him about it once, why 'e's never done anything but work under House Monaghan. He said it was his place in the world and he enjoys it." He looked to her. "He's been here since he was young, hasn't 'e? Said your father freed 'im from slavery but he stayed fer you more'n anyone."

"He didn't want me to be on my own. He always said that Cassie could take care of herself." Sarah said softly, sighing deeply as she thought about that. "He was scared something would happen to me if he turned his back. Perhaps I was too headstrong for his liking."

"I think he loved you too much t'leave more than anything else," Ian offered a soft smile. "If it weren't for your parents being nobles, I'll bet most people would think Shia's your father. I would too if I didn't know Jessie and Stephen."

"I knew what I was doing in Scotland would hurt him. That's why I left him behind. I didn't want him knowing just how horrible a person I could be." She admitted softly. "Perhaps if he had come, this whole mess would have never happened."

"He tried, you know," Ian murmured. "The day you took off without a word... 'e left the second 'e heard y'were gone, no supplies, no money, just a horse. He made it to Scottish shores thanks t' free passage from a captain who knew him, but he didn't know Scotland and if you remember, he was sick at the time. He was missing until th'day you an' I found 'im. He told me later tha' he couldn't get help finding you, and he was treated pretty badly fer being a wolf and being a servant of Monaghan." He wasn't telling her all of this to upset her, but rather let her know what lengths Shia had gone for her."

Back