The Isolated Blurt Thread XLII : Saint Peter is a douchebag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, maybe that would normally sound enticing - I’m just in a dark place right now. Guess it’s to be expected when you learn of the death of someone you once were so close to but stopped talking to after a ridiculous argument. I always thought eventually we would get over it. I thought wrong.

And my phone crapped out at some point through the night.

“It can’t rain all the time.” I’ll be fine.

3993664781_70ab6226d8_o.jpg

God damn. It’s been a brilliant day in the kitchen! Sweet potato (and butternut squash) pie with a brown sugar crumble and marshmallow fluff brûléed on top. Chili relleno casserole. Banana bread. Lattes and more lattes and even our version of the mocha frap for the boy child.

All the Halloween decorations are put away and we are ready to Christmas the hell out of this house.

Eh, maybe that would normally sound enticing - I’m just in a dark place right now. Guess it’s to be expected when you learn of the death of someone you once were so close to but stopped talking to after a ridiculous argument. I always thought eventually we would get over it. I thought wrong.

And my phone crapped out at some point through the night.

“It can’t rain all the time.” I’ll be fine.

I just texted you :rolleyes:

As I said in the other thread, I am sorry for your loss and I know what you are going through. I was estranged from my bio dad. He and I had been talking and then when my sister died he was supposed to come to the funeral. He called me the day of with excuses. I had only talked to him a handful of times since but always planned on a trip to the West coast to see him. About a month ago I found out he died. Almost a YEAR to the day I found out...thanks to his wife for letting me know. I still don't know how to feel about it. He was never a part of my life but I planned on him possibly being a part of my life. I just don't know.

I hope you find some happy today! I am only a pm away if you need anything. :heart:

Pretty much. For me it's the first Sunday in Advent, which is almost always in December. But then I have this crazy, outdated idea that Christmas is some sort of religious festival.

When Blue Peter gets the coat hangers and tinsel out.

i love the fact that you guys have a long running kids show with a title that makes it sound like it's a show about a sad penis.

Pretty much. For me it's the first Sunday in Advent, which is almost always in December. But then I have this crazy, outdated idea that Christmas is some sort of religious festival.

Never before Thanksgiving. The pilgrims and the elves tend to clash.

I would say no Christmas till December, but I don't talk to wimminz any more.

Growing up on a rez part of my life lead us to basically skip thanksgiving and go straight to Christmas.

I love making a huge meal for my family and friends on that third Thursday of the month of November but I’ll never celebrate anything but Native Heritage Month.

I’m a little weird though in that Christmas decorations need to come down by New Years.

Did the Pilgrim Fathers even do Christmas? Plenty of the more Puritan types over here don't.

No. They actually made a point of working on Christmas Day. It wasn't until after the American War of Treason that Christmas became a holiday. Good piece on R4 last week about it.

but how can one get through november without the promise of pie and green bean casserole waiting for you at the end?

but how can one get through november without the promise of pie and green bean casserole waiting for you at the end?

I have airline reservations to go abroad on Thanksgiving day with a return early next month.

My birthday is at the end of November, it’s easy for me to get through it.

When's The Expanse back? Seems like forever since the end of S2.

We always decorate after American Thanksgiving.

I like T-Day. Much easier on the wallet. Cards, postage, shipments, the tree, decorations and lights (because there is always a string or two that don't work) costs $$$. Not to mention the presents...damn presents. Too many people to buy nonsense stuff for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back