The Ink is Black. The Page is White.

VinnyVeritas

Libertarian Sage
Or, What My Participation in Lit Discussions Has Taught Me.*

Why is the Left is always in your face, always pushing, always adamant that the next aberrancy must become normative. It’s the black and white mentality that says, there are only two states, the world Is black and white, and if you’re not advancing, you’re retreating. If you're not with us, you're against us. There is never a third way. Ironically, they at once consider themselves the paragons of nuanced thinking and discerners of the color grey, the fifty shades of grey.

The Left is the white, the good, the truth, tabla rasa, and everyone else is the black stains that alter their teachings.

The Left prospers when they are allowed to frame the dialog. According to them, the Right uses sources like Fox News to get out their disinformation, they are abusing the concept of a “free press.” To the Left, a free press is the press that exclusively uses the Left’s information/beliefs as news.

The free speech calculus of the Left is this:

The shortcomings of the Right’s lies are the Left’s shortcuts to the truth.
The Right’s clear malfeasance is the Left’s clever use of the ambiguity of the rules.
The Right’s family involvement is nepotism, bribery and corruption. The Left’s family involvement is competency, investments made for their acumen and guidance in world affairs and international finance, and the understanding that they deliver what they promise.
The Right gets rich on insider training, the Left enrich themselves with research and wise investing guided by industry experts on the inside.
The Right is comprised of the uneducated Science haters whose voters are nothing more than a basketful of deplorables: Racists, Xenophobes and Misogynists stuck in the 1950s who refuse to educate themselves. The Left is the créme de la créme, the educated, erudite, egalitarian spokespeople for the downtrodden, the minority, the people denied a proper education, the paragons of Popular Science, i.e., "everybody knows," and the friends of the aberrant and mentally ill.

* As a Libertarian who is continually labeled, "Republican," by the intolerant Left here.

giphy.gif

whoa.

rare late-night muse drop from AJ.

Colorado game keep you up tonight?

It's way too early in the morning to be laughing this hard.

Firstly, very few people in the USA even know what left wing is; it's just a convenient whipping post against which to tie anybody who doesn't agree with your conservative retrograde viewpoint where everything was better in the 50s. Without the "left-wing" New Deal of the 30s, and the "left-wing" mass mobilisation of labour into the wartime military effort (with such heresies as women doing men's work and doing it well), that Golden Age would never have happened.

Here endeth one of my infrequent forays into the toxic MAGA pit of the politics board.

Note the especially neat trick of naming a progressive-bashing screed after a song about racial harmony. Somebody really wants attention!

Note the especially neat trick of naming a progressive-bashing screed after a song about racial harmony. Somebody really wants attention!

It’s usually counterproductive to reward attention seeking behavior, but when dealing with hate-filled, bigoted, ammosexual incels like the OP, humoring them by throwing a small coin of attention into their cup is probably a worthwhile investment that contributes to overall public safety. - Especially the safety of marginalized and vulnerable groups in society.

The OP is obviously having a "bad day" and is getting close to "falling down", This comment is one small coin of preventive attention for their cup.

👍

👉 The OP 🤣

🇺🇸

Last edited:
My point being though, that it took an FDR government to push through the New Deal (which would undoubtedly be regarded as godless communism by most of today's right) and build much of the infrastructure necessary to the modern age USA, after laissez-faire capitalism had led to the crash and Depression.

To say it'd have happened anyway is disingenuous. Robber barons could have carried on laying waste to the country and creaming off whatever profit and assets were left (much like the Russian oligarchs have bankrupted the Russian state) and left the USA in a shocking state.

Tl;dr- AJ hates the left. (And he likes to sound like he's incredibly insightful and smart)

Last edited:
* As a Libertarian who is continually labeled, "Republican," by the intolerant Left here.

You'll probably be surprised to know that most on the left are perfectly aware of the difference between Libertarian and Republican, even outside the US.

Although many Libertarians fly under the wing of the GOP (your Rand Pauls etc) it's not hard to smell the stale air of their Ayn Randian love of individual liberty to the point of zero-government (not just small government) dog-eat-dog economic anarchy. It's very much a be careful what you wish for thing. If true Libertarianism was given its head in the USA you'd be a third world banana republic inside a decade. Like it or not, big economies are built on big government and big ideas, substantial taxation and while it's not the perfect model it's better than the alternatives.

Pretending you know what "would have happened" is just stupid... and makes you look stupid.

Goodbye.
Good ad hominem chap. Dodge the discussion, attack the opponent. Pretty much the rather low bar for rightwing politics these days. Can't say the farewell bothers me unduly 😁

By the way, lest I come over as ill-informed, I'm well read on all the relevant history and theory all across the spectrum (yes, even the turgidly written and barely intellectually literate crap of The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged, the true bibles and source material of the modern right).

I love it when right wingers tell me what I mean and why I do things.

I am sorry you think it's being in your face when I say transgendered people are people too and should be treated as such with the same level of normalcy as god fearing white straight people.

Oh sorry that's getting in your face again, isn’t it?

Or, What My Participation in Lit Discussions Has Taught Me.*

Why is the Left is always in your face, always pushing, always adamant that the next aberrancy must become normative. It’s the black and white mentality that says, there are only two states, the world Is black and white, and if you’re not advancing, you’re retreating. If you're not with us, you're against us. There is never a third way. Ironically, they at once consider themselves the paragons of nuanced thinking and discerners of the color grey, the fifty shades of grey.

The Left is the white, the good, the truth, tabla rasa, and everyone else is the black stains that alter their teachings.

The Left prospers when they are allowed to frame the dialog. According to them, the Right uses sources like Fox News to get out their disinformation, they are abusing the concept of a “free press.” To the Left, a free press is the press that exclusively uses the Left’s information/beliefs as news.

The free speech calculus of the Left is this:

The shortcomings of the Right’s lies are the Left’s shortcuts to the truth.
The Right’s clear malfeasance is the Left’s clever use of the ambiguity of the rules.
The Right’s family involvement is nepotism, bribery and corruption. The Left’s family involvement is competency, investments made for their acumen and guidance in world affairs and international finance, and the understanding that they deliver what they promise.
The Right gets rich on insider training, the Left enrich themselves with research and wise investing guided by industry experts on the inside.
The Right is comprised of the uneducated Science haters whose voters are nothing more than a basketful of deplorables: Racists, Xenophobes and Misogynists stuck in the 1950s who refuse to educate themselves. The Left is the créme de la créme, the educated, erudite, egalitarian spokespeople for the downtrodden, the minority, the people denied a proper education, the paragons of Popular Science, i.e., "everybody knows," and the friends of the aberrant and mentally ill.

1694961591412.png

Yeah. Actually it is.

There's nothing normal about the trans lifestyle and it should not be treated as if it is a normal way of living. If you think swapping genitals is going to solve your problems, you have bigger problems than you realize. Discovering that, after the damage has been done, is likely why the post op suicide rate is so high.

That isn't to say we need to be mean or nasty to people who do it. It's not to say they can't have ordinary jobs IF their lifestyle doesn't become a distraction.

What it IS to say is that when it is presented as normal to children, it has gone too far. Children are easily persuaded and their desire for acceptance is high. Give them the chance to get special attention and "fit in" to a group, and many will take it. And that's what's happening right now. Kids are being destroyed for politics. Kids are being persuaded, by authority figures no less, to make life altering decisions at ages when they aren't qualified to decide their own bedtime.

Many years ago, when AIDS was a big deal, an article appeared that discussed "bug chasers" and "gift givers." Bug chaser is a person who has unprotected sex with a person with HIV in the hope of becoming infected. A "gift giver" is the infected person who is trying to infect the bug chaser. (Incidentally, a cursory search for the article did not turn it up, but there are many others now.)

And why did men want to get AIDS? They wanted to feel the love and acceptance that was given to people dying of AIDS. That is how desperate humans can be, to feel special, to feel loved, to feel part of something. And that human frailty is especially pronounced in children, which is why we have traditionally viewed taking advantage of children as being particularly evil.

Now it's government policy.

So yeah. It's in our faces.
GFY.
Couching your hatred and misunderstandings as heartfelt concern for the children.
GFY

Yeah. Actually it is.

There's nothing normal about the trans lifestyle and it should not be treated as if it is a normal way of living. If you think swapping genitals is going to solve your problems, you have bigger problems than you realize. Discovering that, after the damage has been done, is likely why the post op suicide rate is so high.

That isn't to say we need to be mean or nasty to people who do it. It's not to say they can't have ordinary jobs IF their lifestyle doesn't become a distraction.

What it IS to say is that when it is presented as normal to children, it has gone too far. Children are easily persuaded and their desire for acceptance is high. Give them the chance to get special attention and "fit in" to a group, and many will take it. And that's what's happening right now. Kids are being destroyed for politics. Kids are being persuaded, by authority figures no less, to make life altering decisions at ages when they aren't qualified to decide their own bedtime.

Many years ago, when AIDS was a big deal, an article appeared that discussed "bug chasers" and "gift givers." Bug chaser is a person who has unprotected sex with a person with HIV in the hope of becoming infected. A "gift giver" is the infected person who is trying to infect the bug chaser. (Incidentally, a cursory search for the article did not turn it up, but there are many others now.)

And why did men want to get AIDS? They wanted to feel the love and acceptance that was given to people dying of AIDS. That is how desperate humans can be, to feel special, to feel loved, to feel part of something. And that human frailty is especially pronounced in children, which is why we have traditionally viewed taking advantage of children as being particularly evil.

Now it's government policy.

So yeah. It's in our faces.
Refusing to wear a face mask during a pandemic is how the radical right demonstrates group solidarity.

It must be exhausting to maintain the "Libertarian" facade for this long.

Especially when one is terrible at doing so. 😴

Libertarians are just anarchists. They don't want no guvmint getting up in their biznis and would rather no guvmint at all so they can live in the post-apoc hellscape they so ardently desire to fulfil their frontier spirit fantasies.

Back